Retirement...contract talks

twoweeled

Or go bankrupt, thus bankrupting the PBGC, possibly reducing the pension to $0.
We've heard so much about protections against this. But more and more, it's seems there are really very few, if any "real" protections against a type of bankruptcy actually happening. What few protections exist, seem to be under a quiet attack or circumvention.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True. I'm just saying we have to make sure we're improving, and not going backwards. Our pensions are not as good as we're lead to believe, to begin with. COLA should have been a no brainer, just to mention one improvement needed.
You can't put a cola pension raise into a contract because it's dependent on the funding level.

sox

Putting money into the IPO was illegal. That's why you could not buy shares after they announced the IPO.
You r mistaken sir when the thrift plan was abolished we were given the option to take our money several different ways one was company stock one was cash and I really can't remember the other ones I can remember old timers telling me I was crazy at the time for siding with the enemy. Guess who's laughing now!

You r mistaken sir when the thrift plan was abolished we were given the option to take our money several different ways one was company stock one was cash and I really can't remember the other ones I can remember old timers telling me I was crazy at the time for siding with the enemy. Guess who's laughing now!
I was referring to "buying into the IPO". Not buying stock before the IPO. There a ton of stocks that have done better than UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The third option was rolling it over to a qualified retirement plan, such as a 401k.

twoweeled

COLA is based on data from the government. (CPI)

True, but I feel having a COLA in retirement should exist. The COLA for active was a joke to me. Our so called raises, were barely keeping up with inflation, let alone that $.10 we would occasionally get as a COLA adjustment.
I also see that NEVER happening.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

True, but I feel having a COLA in retirement should exist. The COLA for active was a joke to me. Our so called raises, were barely keeping up with inflation, let alone that $.10 we would occasionally get as a COLA adjustment.

COLA is a joke.

You will never see it with our pension.

twoweeled

COLA is a joke.

You will never see it with our pension.
I know your right, , , ,
f2bab2b93d1cc663ff83065665a78b8f.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My business agent practically called me and another guy spoiled brats for pointing out that some of our raises didn't even cover inflation.