Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSmeoff, Sep 30, 2006.

1. UPSmeoff

UPSmeoff Say my name.

Shipping via:
    Carrier: United Parcel Service
    Service: Ground

Edit shipping info]

Payment method:
    Card (...2766, Expires 04/2010): $32.49
    [Edit payment info]

Description Item Color Size Qty Each Total Blend Qtr Top 6pk Embroid Logo 112411/50 Brown M 1 $24.00 $24.00 Subtotal $24.00 Freight charge $6.50 Sales tax (6.50%) $1.99 Total $32.49

I havent worn UPS issue socks in a while but lately we have had some apperance issues. I cant believe how pricey these things are.
  2. Megansman

Megansman Member

Well, yeah they are expensive, but I've had pairs of socks last as long as 4 months.
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Their new style socks suck. The glued on UPS logos fall off the first day.
  4. spitt2000

spitt2000 New Member

Very high quality...some of the labels last almost 2 washes!
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I did buy the Cintas 1/4 socks off the UPERS.com link last Spring. And unlike most of you, mine have held up and still have the Logos on them. I do admit that I went against my own advice concerning shoes, I have worn a pair of lightweight Rockport Hiking shoes all summer instead of a low cut work boot. They are comfortable, but not waterproof at all. The top of the shoe doesn't touch the logo, so its not knocked off. They have faded out a lot, and are way over-priced. I think that the company should furnish us with socks, with a shoe allowance, should be in the contract. And shoe polish too! I have to dig it out of the supply cage, they don't put it in the shoeshine racks here anymore.:bored:

UPSBOI You don't want to know!

7. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

I have a pair of hiking shoes that I wear when the forecast is dry, and another pair that is goretex for when it is raining. Also, as far as the shoes go, that is a tax deduction, since it is work related. Also, laundry is a deduction if you do it at home, or at a laundry.