RIP Greg Lake

wkmac

I loved listening to ELP and Yes growing up....another great one has passed.

We lose Chris Squire last year and both Keith and Greg this year. Damn! Saw ELP in 71' just after Tarkus came out and really enjoyed that band. Trilogy still being my favorite of their albums. About 10 years ago, 2 of my daughter joined a youth symphony and their first concert they played the 10 movement work of Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition. I loved it!

I plan on trying to catch Stonehenge on Georgia Tech radio 91.1 FM tonight (Friday) 8 to midnight as they play late 60's and 70's classic and especially prog rock. When Keith and Chris Squire died, they played a ton of Yes and ELP and I suspect the same for Greg.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ELP at their best IMO. Endless Enigma Pt 1, Fugue and Endless Enigma Pt 2.

This was my favorite album just barely ahead of Karn Evil ... I was definitely appreciated the Prog Rock genre even though I was really an avid Blues Rock fan.

Now, as for this particular mix on the link you provided, it was well done but the bass was very punchy.
I noticed it almost immediately as having more of a presence about it.
I asked the guy who posted it if it had been re-mixed from the original mix.
I'll let you know.

PS - Listening to Bolero now which I really like and spawned my interest in Classical music beyond Mozart and Beethoven.

wkmac

This was my favorite album just barely ahead of Karn Evil ... I was definitely appreciated the Prog Rock genre even though I was really an avid Blues Rock fan.

Now, as for this particular mix on the link you provided, it was well done but the bass was very punchy.
I noticed it almost immediately as having more of a presence about it.
I asked the guy who posted it if it had been re-mixed from the original mix.
I'll let you know.

PS - Listening to Bolero now which I really like and spawned my interest in Classical music beyond Mozart and Beethoven.

In the 1960's our school heavily promoted music. In 4th and 5th grades, every student learned music, how to read it, play it and appreciate it. As such I came to enjoy both classical and jazz and ELP's interpretations of those just fueled my love of it. I enjoyed a lot of variations of rock music but the prog genre was most special and still is. Greg Lake among others help to fuel that interest.