RIP Jimmy Buffett

vantexan

He’s pretty famous, although I think his music is kind of blah.
If only we had more like it these days. My wife grew up in the projects in New Orleans and has a fondness for rap and hip-hop. We went to the AZ state fair in 2016 and some rap group who she was familiar with was performing. Literally every sentence in their songs had a *mother effer* in it. You haven't lived until you watch your 54 yr old wife jump up on a picnic table and pump her fist in the air to that. That was me crawling away. Fingernails on chalkboards to me as is most music I hear these days outside of country. And I'm not that big of a country fan.

Thebrownblob

If only we had more like it these days. My wife grew up in the projects in New Orleans and has a fondness for rap and hip-hop. We went to the AZ state fair in 2016 and some rap group who she was familiar with was performing. Literally every sentence in their songs had a *mother effer* in it. You haven't lived until you watch your 54 yr old wife jump up on a picnic table and pump her fist in the air to that. That was me crawling away. Fingernails on chalkboards to me as is most music I hear these days outside of country. And I'm not that big of a country fan.
I love country music I love rock I’m not a fan of rap I just I’ve never really thought Jimmy Buffett music was all that great that’s just my personal opinion. Clearly he’s very popular and I can appreciate his vibe.

vantexan

I love country music I love rock I’m not a fan of rap I just I’ve never really thought Jimmy Buffett music was all that great that’s just my personal opinion. Clearly he’s very popular and I can appreciate his vibe.
Had several of his cassettes as a teenager/young adult. The lyrics are smart. Read the lyrics to "Changes in Latitudes." Don't hear much like it these days.