RPCD/gumshoe

quad decade guy

I had similar things happen to me. I would usually ask them if they had reported it to Law Enforcement because it was theft from interstate freight and was a felony. If they said no they hadn't I would say lets do it right now. Most of the time they would just say forget about it and sign that everything was ok.
I do wonder how long it will be before a pic will be taken at delivery. With telematics and the pic, all doubt about the delivery will be taken away. Now what happens after that....who knows. Amazon is smart about that. I give them credit.

Last One In

I had similar things happen to me. I would usually ask them if they had reported it to Law Enforcement because it was theft from interstate freight and was a felony. If they said no they hadn't I would say lets do it right now. Most of the time they would just say forget about it and sign that everything was ok.
Driver sup always suggested asking customer if they had filed a police report about the theft of their package. He, also, gave us permission to "lie" to the customer and tell them if box was not received that I would have to pay for it. Miraculously, after hearing these two "facts" customers suddenly discovered their box.

newbie777

Are they(customer) normally dishonest?
I asked this same question to the lady who does these things. They ask us to have the Cx file a police report if it was a positive gps. She says 70-80% are fraud. Blew my mind, that’s such a huge number. And almost all of them go away when told to call the police.

quad decade guy

I asked this same question to the lady who does these things. They ask us to have the Cx file a police report if it was a positive gps. She says 70-80% are fraud. Blew my mind, that’s such a huge number. And almost all of them go away when told to call the police.
I guess by positive gps you mean it shows you were at least there and the pkg was scanned? 7of 10 are a crime? Wow.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
about a month ago i was making my daily rounds through a pretty congested neighborhood. as i turn down a street, a guy in a car starts waving me down so i pulled along side and he asked me if i delivered there regularly. yes. "well i live on xyz street and yesterday i got a message that my package was driver released but i was home and i have ring and i never saw you or your truck". i apologized for the inconvenience and asked him if he'd contacted ups. he said no but he was going to because he was home and he had ring and i was never there.

about two weeks later i had a DFU for the address on xyz street. this is going to be fun. i rang the doorbell. interestingly enough there was no ring camera. a different, older man answers the door and i inquired about a package that may have been delivered there about 2 weeks prior.

"oh yes, that was delivered here. it was our address but we didn't recognize the name on the package and we've been living here for years so i took it to the ups store and told them it wasn't ours"

thank you very much, have a great day.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Passive agressive....

So, you've attempted to somehow smear me.

Proof please.

Don't be a backstabbing little girl......
1613867401979.png

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Seems like? I didn't say that. Maybe that's your stupid interpretation but then that isn't saying much.

I said I believed you....however my point was......why would all of the sudden a customer commit a crime....maybe a Federal crime....interstate commerce. IDK.

Maybe(hopefully) you'll get caught on a doorbell cam......being an a whole like now. Hopefully..
A whole what? A whole lot of sagging, pathetic mass that has hung on the bottom rung of UPS for "quad decade"?? Watching his peers get respect and having friends. Wishing he could someday manage to put a coherent sentence together......No...not today. :-(