S&P Cuts US Credit Rating to AA+

moreluck

golden ticket member
To help with the separation of the 2 parties.......Dems really wanted a straight debt ceiling raise and no cuts.

wkmac

Al Qaeda’s supporters are “aware of the cracks in the Western financial system as they are aware of the lines in their own hands.”

Osama bin Laden, in a 2001 interview with a Pakistani Journalist

After declaring war on America, bin Laden compared the U.S. to the Soviet Union on multiple occasions, arguing that al-Qaeda would undermine America in the same way the mujahidin undermined the Soviet economy. His strategy of economic warfare went through several iterations over time, as al-Qaeda responded to external events, seized upon opportunities provided to it, and incorporated lessons learned by the group over time.

War of A Thousand Cuts

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Futures have just opened and the DOW is already 211 points in the red before the opening bell. OIL is down 3 bucks a barrel! Gonna be ugly tomorrow!

http://money.cnn.com/data/premarket/

Its too bad political rhetoric is all the republicans have to offer at this point. They better get back to washington and raise revenues before they take the USA completely down the toilet!

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Futures have just opened and the DOW is already 211 points in the red before the opening bell. OIL is down 3 bucks a barrel! Gonna be ugly tomorrow!

Its too bad political rhetoric is all the republicans have to offer at this point. They better get back to washington and raise revenues before they take the USA completely down the toilet!

Peace.

Does your man (and I use the term loosely) have a plan???? Or is he just along for the ride?

tourists24

Peace.
Just the Republicans eh? Dem's have it all under control right? Just give em all of the control instead of just 2/3's of it right?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Peace.

I believe the Senate and President could still approve the Cut, Cap and Balance that the Repubs sent over a few weeks ago.
That met all the criteria that S&P put down as a must. And it had real cuts in it rather than the crap they all passed and approved which the S&P did not buy either.

wkmac

Too bad the Democrats did ZERO when they controlled everything.

To bad the American voter has yet to learn that both republicans and democrat equally share that common denominator and yet come election day 2012' they'll like mindless morons walk back in and put their hand back into the snake hole to be bit once again!

packageguy

If you noticed, since Q2 ended, it was the beginning of this selloff.
I think the rate cut is a joke, all these year of outstanding debt, what would make this special.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you noticed, since Q2 ended, it was the beginning of this selloff.
I think the rate cut is a joke, all these year of outstanding debt, what would make this special.

NO REVENUE INCREASES and zero prospects of revenue increases in the future (according to the S&P)

If there were revenue increases, this wouldnt have happened. You can bet however, that the BUSH tax cut extension are history when they expire!

Dow is already over 250 points in the hole in overnight trades, people are running for the hills..!

For you retired folks...."ah hem", you will take this downgrade harder than the rest of us, and thats what you get for supporting those that killed the stock market.

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
" You can bet however, that the BUSH tax cut extension are history when they expire! ".
Correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't they already expire ?
And didn't bhos renew them ?
So these Clinton tax increases , for that is what they really are , will need a new name.
How about calling them " barry's blunder " ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I hope the stock market crashes and the price of oil drops to new record lows.
Nothing gets the economy humming again like cheap fuel.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
" You can bet however, that the BUSH tax cut extension are history when they expire! ".
?

FAIL!

as usual.

The bush tax cuts were extended for 2 years in 2010. In these upcoming negotiations, tax revenues will be addressed as the republicans now know they screwed the pooch.

Those tax cuts will be allowed to expire and loopholes will be addressed. Thanks for playing the "I dont know jack game".

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
And didn't bhos renew them ?
So these Clinton tax increases , for that is what they really are , will need a new name.
How about calling them " barry's blunder " ?

Well, well, well, just how well Fox news gives you the news !

WASHINGTON, May 11 (UPI) -- The U.S. tax burden has shrunk to its lowest level in 60 years, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said.
Including state, federal and local taxes, the average tax bill came out to 9.2 percent of personal income in 2009, USA Today reported Tuesday.
That's down from an average of 12 percent over the past 50 years. The tax burden has not been this low since 1950, the newspaper said.
"The idea that taxes are high right now is pretty much nuts," said Michael Ettlinger, head of economic policy at the Center for American Progress.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...nt-in-years/UPI-74091273594893/#ixzz1UPg62QOp

lowest taxes in 60 years = highest National debt ever (now that doesn't make any sense now, does it ) ?

over9five

Staff member
FAIL!

as usual.

The bush tax cuts were extended for 2 years in 2010. In these upcoming negotiations, tax revenues will be addressed as the republicans now know they screwed the pooch.

Those tax cuts will be allowed to expire and loopholes will be addressed. Thanks for playing the "I dont know jack game".

Peace.

Me thinks you should re-read his post. You FAILed to understand it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have a really big bulldozer that is being delivered inside the beltway. I am aiming for Congress first, then the White House. Then, the local waterhole or wherever the lobbyist's hangout is. Have a great day! :wink2:

wkmac

I have a really big bulldozer that is being delivered inside the beltway. I am aiming for Congress first, then the White House. Then, the local waterhole or wherever the lobbyist's hangout is. Have a great day! :wink2:

Understand your frustration as I'm sure many Americans do and agree with your feelings.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never agree with Bob Beckel.......but today I think he had a good point.....................just how credible is the S&P?? They were gung ho on Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.