Sandy Pope, Hoffa or Gegare Fix My 22.3 Job and YOU Have My Vote!

You can take it to the bank that GEGARE will protect all 22-3 jobs and get the one’s that UPS owes the union. You can take it to the bank that the company will live up to the entire UPS contract or they will be on strike. What HOFFA AND HALL have allowed is a shame after we went on strike for these jobs. How can you trust the same people that for the last 5 years have not applied the contract and allowed the company to take these jobs away without even allowing any grievances on this.

GEGARE 2011

mamirk69

I took that line right out of his post to identify it, can't get much more identified than that. :)
He used a contraction so thus this is a two part sentence. So I do not want to put words in your mouth. So I assume that the highlighted part of the sentence is a lie being the contract not being applied for the last five years is a lie and the company taking jobs away without grievances being allowed is the second lie correct?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
He used a contraction so thus this is a two part sentence. So I do not want to put words in your mouth. So I assume that the highlighted part of the sentence is a lie being the contract not being applied for the last five years is a lie and the company taking jobs away without grievances being allowed is the second lie correct?
We had most if not all 22.3 jobs that were "dissolved" or "moved" brought back to our local, for bid. The grievances were filed and heard. I would imagine it was not only our local union involved with that process.
So according to this area, what was said is not true.

"How can you trust the same people that for the last 5 years have not applied the contract and allowed the company to take these jobs away without even allowing any grievances on this."

mamirk69

We had most if not all 22.3 jobs that were "dissolved" or "moved" brought back to our local, for bid. The grievances were filed and heard. I would imagine it was not only our local union involved with that process.

"How can you trust the same people that for the last 5 years have not applied the contract and allowed the company to take these jobs away without even allowing any grievances on this."

Roger, because I have heard in some areas that the 22.3 grievances have been heard and actually some jobs were filled but for the majority of the grievances filed, my local included, they have been stalled or ignored.

bellesmom

I'm glad your area has recovered most of the "dissolved" 22.3 jobs, but in our area they are still "talking" about it.

TRY THIS

I have signed up with the HOFFA web site and the Gegare web site to get all updates from both slates. It amazes me that after 13 years and just three weeks before the ballots go out HOFFA/HALL are going to get tough with UPS. I am not a fool and neither are my UPS co workers. Hoffa and HALL know they are losing this vote and that GEGARE is going to win and they will promise anything knowing they cannot deliver but hope the members fall for their bull****. Vote GEGARE and watch things change for the good for us members. I look forward to having a general president that really is looking out for us members.

GEGARE 2011

mamirk69

TRY THIS

I have signed up with the HOFFA web site and the Gegare web site to get all updates from both slates. It amazes me that after 13 years and just three weeks before the ballots go out HOFFA/HALL are going to get tough with UPS. I am not a fool and neither are my UPS co workers. Hoffa and HALL know they are losing this vote and that GEGARE is going to win and they will promise anything knowing they cannot deliver but hope the members fall for their bull****. Vote GEGARE and watch things change for the good for us members. I look forward to having a general president that really is looking out for us members.

GEGARE 2011

Believe you and me that I am in no way a Hoffa supporter. I am weighing my options between Pope and Gegare. Enough is enough with Hoffa and after the speech in Michigan and the idiot calling people soma bitches and chanting jobs, jobs, jobs, when he has not fulfill his promise in my local on jobs that was a sign the man was never fit to be our IBT president.

local89ups

First hall Falsehood Several times in the debate, hall accused Fred Z of negotiating a 6-hour day contract for UPS workers who were working 8 hours. This is an outright lie. “The 6-hour jobs were created from existing 3-hour part-time jobs -- not 8-hour full time jobs,” Zuckerman points out. “The part-timers voted to keep these 6 hour jobs in subsequent contracts. We currently have about 800 6 hour part timers who love these jobs. They get paid time and one half after 6 1/2 hours and better pension benefits than 3hour part timers.”
Second hall Falsehood hall also blamed Zuckerman for not keeping up with carhaul organizing, but his efforts were undermined repeatedly. Zuckerman appealed to Hoffa personally, the GEB, and the organizing department for years looking for assistance in organizing, which they denied. Zuckerman points out: “We started campaigns at United Road, Hansen Adkins, and CAR Transport that the IBT has ignored. As the non-unions grow, our industry has shrunk and it is because the IBT won't organize in core industries. Our division had one full time staff person (Buzzy Houck) who they fired in January 2010 because the IBT is broke.” Zuckerman also wrote a letter to Hoffa expressing dismay that his administration sabotaged a productive alliance with the UAW, when Hoffa’s henchman lied to UAW leader Bob King, falsely claiming that Zuckerman was no longer Carhaul director. Bob King and Zuckerman had traveled to Japan together to successfully persuade Japanese automakers not to outsource carhaul jobs to non union companies.
Third hall Falsehood Hall outrageously claimed that Fred Gegare knew that he and Hoffa had cut a deal with UPS which allowed them to remove 45,000 members from the multi-employer Central States Pension Fund. Fred Gegare was not on the bargaining team that met with UPS and was furious when he was called to Detroit by Hoffa in 2007 and informed him that UPS workers would no longer be part of the Central States Pension Fund which Gegare serves as chairman. “As a result of Hoffa’s action, the Central States Pension Fund lost 40 percent of its assets,” Gegare points out. Seeing UPS leave without opposition from Hoffa, some 192 employers also exercised their option to pull their employees out of the fund. Hall then tried to imply that Gegare would now seek to return these workers, but the Gegare has made it clear that he will fight to protect pensions, wherever they are currently held.
Fourth hall Falsehood Hall brazenly implied that Fred Gegare had not supported the demonstrations against Wisconsin Governor Walker’s union stripping bills, though Gegare was a key organizer who mobilized IBT locals across the state to participate 24/7 in Madison protests. He helped arrange for active and retired Teamster members from across the country to join the protests. Tom Bennett, President of Local 200 in Milwaukee says “At the debate, Hall made it sound as though this was about money and that the Joint Council had not been spending a lot of money during the protests, but it was never about money, it was about mobilizing our people and the Teamster presence was very substantial at these demonstrations.” Teamster trucks were visible throughout the protests.
Expect more of these dishonest attacks from the Hoffa gang as the campaign heats up and understand that those who have accomplished so little, are now very worried that the membership will see them for what they are -- check cashers, not leaders of a strong and proud union.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm glad your area has recovered most of the "dissolved" 22.3 jobs, but in our area they are still "talking" about it.
The new craze in our hub are "22.3" jobs that are inside-inside, all hours at the lower rate. The jobs are technically inside-outside , as there is maybe 2-3 days a month of air driving for a couple hours. So a FT person with more seniority, working that job, can actually get paid significantly less than another FT person doing the same work on same shifts

Really a sad situation, can't blame the company for this when the union refuses to address the issue.

bellesmom

The new craze in our hub are "22.3" jobs that are inside-inside, all hours at the lower rate. The jobs are technically inside-outside , as there is maybe 2-3 days a month of air driving for a couple hours. So a FT person with more seniority, working that job, can actually get paid significantly less than another FT person doing the same work on same shifts

Really a sad situation, can't blame the company for this when the union refuses to address the issue.

Does that mean the higher paid FT are "red circled" as they say? I dont' understand how this could be but we're usually not meant to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Does that mean the higher paid FT are "red circled" as they say? I dont' understand how this could be but we're usually not meant to.
Maybe I didn't explain that well. The jobs I have seen are Inside-Outside, however the outside (typically higher paying unless you were hired before ~1992) is only an occasional air run/shuttle. Therefore it is more accurately described as an inside/inside job, which should be the prevailing top 22.3 inside rate.

The company puts these jobs up as there is no definitive language in the contract regarding "two part time jobs put together"....so they can work you 7.99 hours inside and .01 outside and it's a "combo".

In this case, the jobs are 8 hours inside and NONE outside most days.

This is cost-savings and exploitation of the lack of contract language.

For example: Your inside rate is $21/hr, however the 22.3 next to you with less seniority is making nearly $26/hr for the same job because their bid is inside-inside.

bellesmom

Maybe I didn't explain that well. The jobs I have seen are Inside-Outside, however the outside (typically higher paying unless you were hired before ~1992) is only an occasional air run/shuttle. Therefore it is more accurately described as an inside/inside job, which should be the prevailing top 22.3 inside rate.

The company puts these jobs up as there is no definitive language in the contract regarding "two part time jobs put together"....so they can work you 7.99 hours inside and .01 outside and it's a "combo".

In this case, the jobs are 8 hours inside and NONE outside most days.

This is cost-savings and exploitation of the lack of contract language.

For example: Your inside rate is $21/hr, however the 22.3 next to you with less seniority is making nearly $26/hr for the same job because their bid is inside-inside.

Ok, got it now and thanks for explaining. So many loopholes and not enough duct tape for 22.3s.