Sarah Palin dummy hanged in West LA???

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by UPS Lifer, Oct 28, 2008.

1. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

Not really sure how many of you are aware that there is a Gay couple in WLA that has hanged a dummy with a likeness of Sarah Palin in their front yard.

For those of you who are not aware of WLA It is a very liberal gay leaning community bordering the city of Los Angeles.

The "hanger" is claiming that this is a "Halloween" display and he has protection under the 1st amendment.

I am wondering how the rest of you see this type of behavior?

Also, ask yourself this question... What if that were a dummy of the likeness of Obama??? How do you think that would sit with the community.
  2. passerby

passerby New Member

You might have missed the other threads where this has been discussed.

To sum it up, it's been done to Obama more than once. Outrage on the right? I think not.

One thing I've noticed in the years of lurking here, there are a lot of racists at Browncafe. I see that at the workplace, as well.
  3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I hope you can see it in the mirror as well.
    If not you are a self-deceiver.
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Yes, anyone who doesn't like Obama must be a racist.
  5. tieguy

tieguy Banned

My philosophy on racism.

there are some racists who put down people of color to enhance their own feelings of self esteem.

then there are liberals who call people racists to enhance their own feelings of self esteem.

I'm not sure your brand of bigotry is any better then the classic defintion.
  6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

And also, as far as that goes, anybody that doesn't like Palin is a sexist.
  7. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

And furthermore, anybody that doesn't like her clothes is a nudist!
  8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

And anybody who doesnt like her is just plain jealous.
  9. passerby

passerby New Member

If the shoe fits...
  10. passerby

passerby New Member

Didn't realize there was a 'brand' of bigotry.
  11. passerby

passerby New Member

Why the outrage over this, and not the numerous Obama effigy hangings?
  12. tieguy

tieguy Banned

You wouldn't. too many bleeding heart liberals out there think they carry the key to racial equality.

all they end up doing is helping keep them down by increasing government dependence.
  13. tieguy

tieguy Banned

not sure there is any outrage?

got any links for the obama ones or are you following his lead and making things up as you go?
  14. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Well when obama is president , who's likeness will all those anti-american protesters be hanging & burning ?
  15. tieguy

tieguy Banned

hello passerby did you find those links for the Obama ones we were supposed to be outraged over?
  16. passerby

passerby New Member

Tie, I posted them in another thread a day or two ago. try using the Google to search on the interweb tubes.

Darn that reality, so hard to deal with.
  17. passerby

passerby New Member

When Obama is president, there are liable to be fewer anti-American protests.
  18. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Passerby looks like you're up to twenty posts on this site with no links posted in those twenty posts. Did you post them under some other ID?
  19. tieguy

tieguy Banned

probably true since the anti american forces will then be in charge of the country.
  20. passerby

passerby New Member