Saudi Arabia ends diplomatic relations with Iran

Sportello

Banned
Do we side with the Saudi's, who financed 9-11, and now fund the Sunni Daesh, or the Ayatollah who funds Shi'a terrorism?

I'm guessing whatever we do, it will be wrong. The whole 'enemy of my enemy' thing gets complicated. From a layman's POV, I see one as religious, the other as national.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do we side with the Saudi's, who financed 9-11, and now fund the Sunni Daesh, or the Ayatollah who funds Shi'a terrorism?

I'm guessing whatever we do, it will be wrong. The whole 'enemy of my enemy' thing gets complicated. From a layman's POV, I see one as religious, the other as national.

I think we should stay out of it and let them handle their own.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yep. I think it's time for the US to take a break from trying to "save the world". Our country and infrastructure are falling apart because we are spending so much money overseas trying to buy goodwill. A lot of the countries we "help" take our money and call us fools.
I agree.
Unfortunately the Republican and Democratic parties don't share this view, and most Americans see those two parties as their only choices.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep. I think it's time for the US to take a break from trying to "save the world". Our country and infrastructure are falling apart because we are spending so much money overseas trying to buy goodwill. A lot of the countries we "help" take our money and call us fools.

I totally agree-----unless you wanted to drop the big one on them both and claim the oil. NO--- I'm not serious.

rod

Retired 22 years
At current oil prices, securing the oil would be a money losing proposition.

Do you really expect prices to remain low? I don't. Its about time for a couple of big refineries to "shut down for maintenance" as if they need an excuse.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you really expect prices to remain low? I don't. Its about time for a couple of big refineries to "shut down for maintenance" as if they need an excuse.
Yes I do. There is zero incentive for any oil producing countries to cut back.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In case no one noticed the 40 years ban on exporting oil from the USA was just recently lifted .
The first shipment has already left from Texas .
We don't need their oil , if we have enough to export .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In case no one noticed the 40 years ban on exporting oil from the USA was just recently lifted .
The first shipment has already left from Texas .
We don't need their oil , if we have enough to export .

I wished you really took the time to understand the oil market and how prices at home are affected. Of course, when prices back at the pump reach 5 bucks youll pitch a bitch and blame the current president,

Geez.

TOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes I do. There is zero incentive for any oil producing countries to cut back.

Rod would be right if prices were based solely on our production but the Middle East has already said that they will be increasing production so I fully expect prices to continue to drop for quite some time.