Saudi Arabia ends diplomatic relations with Iran

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Operational needs, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

2. Sportello

Sportello Well-Known Member

Do we side with the Saudi's, who financed 9-11, and now fund the Sunni Daesh, or the Ayatollah who funds Shi'a terrorism?

I'm guessing whatever we do, it will be wrong. The whole 'enemy of my enemy' thing gets complicated. From a layman's POV, I see one as religious, the other as national.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Operational needs

I think we should stay out of it and let them handle their own.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Would you apply that logic to other countries as well?
    Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine/Crimea.....

5. Operational needs

Yep. I think it's time for the US to take a break from trying to "save the world". Our country and infrastructure are falling apart because we are spending so much money overseas trying to buy goodwill. A lot of the countries we "help" take our money and call us fools.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I agree.
    Unfortunately the Republican and Democratic parties don't share this view, and most Americans see those two parties as their only choices.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Leading from behind = bad.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

I totally agree-----unless you wanted to drop the big one on them both and claim the oil. NO--- I'm not serious.

9. bbsam

At current oil prices, securing the oil would be a money losing proposition.

10. rod

rod retired and happy

Do you really expect prices to remain low? I don't. Its about time for a couple of big refineries to "shut down for maintenance" as if they need an excuse.

11. bbsam

Yes I do. There is zero incentive for any oil producing countries to cut back.

12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Obama's used that approach rather well.

13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not their oil.

That :censored2: is practically oozing out of the ground. Costs very little to extract.

14. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

What right would we have to go in and take that oil? Sounds like imperialism to me and we would be just like Russia at that point.

15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I never said we had any right. Just that their cost of production per barrel is very low.

16. bbsam

Costs a whole lot to send in an occupying force. Has history taught you nothing? ;)

17. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

In case no one noticed the 40 years ban on exporting oil from the USA was just recently lifted .
    The first shipment has already left from Texas .
    We don't need their oil , if we have enough to export .

18. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

I wished you really took the time to understand the oil market and how prices at home are affected. Of course, when prices back at the pump reach 5 bucks youll pitch a bitch and blame the current president,

Geez.

TOS.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Rod would be right if prices were based solely on our production but the Middle East has already said that they will be increasing production so I fully expect prices to continue to drop for quite some time.

20. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Not always...