Seasonal Driver Helper last paycheck help

Brownnie

Did you work more, less or right at their “allowed” hours?

On the last week I worked 6 hrs per day no breaks no nothing just as any other previous week (as stated, each day that week had already hand written/marked 6hrs) I obviously worked the 6hrs each day (some of those days even a few minutes more off the clock) but my last check had 29.28 instead of the 30 hrs.

Last edited:

Brownnie

My lunch sandwich alone cost more than that today. Think it was 6 something.

Wow! You are living it up!:-)

This is me...
131024112526-n-mcdonalds-fast-food-dollar-00001405-1024x576.jpg

bumped

Indeed... I've been told this is a common thing to happen on the last pay checks :teethy:. And I did worked from beginning of the shift to the end, no breaks or little delays, so yes I was $5.50 cheated. I eat on McD's for a week with that amount :raspberry-tounge:.

I tell the helper to write down their hours on the first day we meet for their own records. I will not remember how much time you worked. When I put in the hours on the timecard sheet I'm given each day I have the helper initial time punched in and the time punched out.

Brownnie

I tell the helper to write down their hours on the first day we meet for their own records. I will not remember how much time you worked. When I put in the hours on the timecard sheet I'm given each day I have the helper initial time punched in and the time punched out.
I see... So, there is an actual punch card for the helpers that drivers actually handle or who handles the timecard sheets? If that's the case then my driver made the mistake on my last paycheck. I'm not really complaining (could've been an honest mistake) just curious.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I see... So, there is an actual punch card for the helpers that drivers actually handle or who handles the timecard sheets? If that's the case then my driver made the mistake on my last paycheck. I'm not really complaining (could've been an honest mistake) just curious.

Yes, there was an actual time sheet that your driver was supposed to use to record your punch in/punch out times and lunch/break (if taken). There was also a daily safety message in the bottom right hand corner that he was supposed to review with you before you started working each day.

upschuck

On the last week I worked 6 hrs per day no breaks no nothing just as any other previous week (as stated, each day that week had already hand written/marked 6hrs) I obviously worked the 6hrs each day (some of those days even a few minutes more off the clock) but my last check had 29.28 instead of the 30 hrs.
That would be 43 mins short then. That is 28/100th of an hour, not 28 mins, or like 9 mins/day.

Brownnie

Given the fact that I was actually staying/working anywhere between 10-15 minutes later each day than the rounded hrs I was getting on da paycheck it didn't bother me, but getting even less than on the last one that was a bit surprising. Again, I'm not ranting/complaining. Mistakes happen every day and I've come to terms with it :-).

bumped

Your daily time sheet should have never been at an even hour. UPS has this system where they want the driver helper to finish before the full hour. I could keep my helper for instance 6 hours and 59 minutes and nothing would be said. If I keep that same helper for 6 hours and 2 minutes I would get a talking to about keeping that helper 3 minutes too long. For some reason it screws up some numbers somewhere. maybe Dragon can fill us in on this logic.

Johney

Your daily time sheet should have never been at an even hour. UPS has this system where they want the driver helper to finish before the full hour. I could keep my helper for instance 6 hours and 59 minutes and nothing would be said. If I keep that same helper for 6 hours and 2 minutes I would get a talking to about keeping that helper 3 minutes too long. For some reason it screws up some numbers somewhere. maybe Dragon can fill us in on this logic.
I was always told that if you used a helper for over anything beyond .99 you get hit with a whole hour so 6 hours 2 minutes is the same as 7 hours. So like Dave said goes against your combined time.