Selling The Purple Lie

FedExer267

I sure would like to see that letter you got. I heard it was telling you guys to write your congress to not pass the bill... Is that the case.. How about you give me the address to where I can reach Mr. Smith and I will send him a petition to pay contractors more so they can afford to pay the ground drivers a living wage with benefits paid holidays and vacation. We all know Contractors are merely paying for FEDEX to run its business so he should pay them enough and have guidelines to what a ground driver makes.. I guarantee I could get every drive in the US to sign it.. However I think it is funny that he takes takes takes and is stupid enough to write you all a letter begging you to write your government against the bill. If he would treat the frontlines like people and take care of those who have made him rich he would have nothing to worry about..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I sure would like to see that letter you got. I heard it was telling you guys to write your congress to not pass the bill... Is that the case.. How about you give me the address to where I can reach Mr. Smith and I will send him a petition to pay contractors more so they can afford to pay the ground drivers a living wage with benefits paid holidays and vacation. We all know Contractors are merely paying for FEDEX to run its business so he should pay them enough and have guidelines to what a ground driver makes.. I guarantee I could get every drive in the US to sign it.. However I think it is funny that he takes takes takes and is stupid enough to write you all a letter begging you to write your government against the bill. If he would treat the frontlines like people and take care of those who have made him rich he would have nothing to worry about..

I got my letter today. One of the things Fred asks us to do is "to engage with our elected officials on this important issue". He also "wants your(our) voice to be heard". Happy to oblige, Mr Smith. I'll call and write every elected official I can think of again and tell them what a POS SOB you are and how you've taken it to us in the butt for 36 years. SHOVE IT, FRED!!!

The Mayor

Thanks Mr.Mayor for the perspective. Concerning the nuts and bolts of it, if the traditional pension is reinstated, will it be retroactive, as if the cash balance plan never happened? Or will the money accumulated in the PPP be distributed at retirement/termination? Also, will it be possible for the company to make an offer to employees before a union vote in hopes of keeping it out? Something that might require us to give up any aspirations of a union in exchange for taking a deal? I'm at $17.09 after 11 years with no acknowledgment of the 11 years I worked before quitting and being rehired other than increasing my traditional pension until it was terminated. If they suddenly offered me $22hr+ and more in the PPP in exchange for voting against a union I'd have to take it. No doubt they'd as soon keep me at $17.09 but even they have to know it'll take a substantial improvement for most of us to keep the union out. I'm all for us getting close to UPS pay but they most likely will figure out a way to royally screw us if faced with much higher costs. They've made it very clear that we are here to make them very wealthy and if we don't like it we can leave. Don't see them rolling over for a union based on the last 20 years.

No, I can't see there being anything retro active. My thought here is that the monies accumulated would just be put back into the regular traditional account (only my opinion here). One of the main concerns that a few people have had at my place is asking questions about our health care plan now that the Federal Legislation has passed.

I have gone over some of the points of the Legislation and this is what I have gathered. First, most of this doesn't even take place until 2014. Second, it mainly effects single/college kids, the elderly, and low income. Third, since we all have jobs and a health care plan, our employer Fed Ex will have to continue to provide coverage or face a $2,000 fine per employee times 275,000 employees! Do the math, that is one hefty fine.

As far as your idea about voting against a union if offered $5 more an hour, I don't think that would happen, but I would urge you to re-consider. If your thinking long term, as Mr. Fed Ex has presented in other postings on this site in regards to the differences between the PPP and the traditional plan, we are getting hosed. Now I don't know if you have private investments somewhere else, if you are debt free, or can save your money and invest it else where, but chances are you will not be able to re-coup the amount of money from the differences in between these two plans. I suggest that maybe you look into the differences of the two to try and become better informed.

FedEx All the Way!

I'm no fan of Hoffa, as many of my previous posts indicate. Even if he's a mobster, we're better-off as Teamsters than with Fred S. One is a corporate criminal, and one is a union criminal. Which is worse?

Only you can answer that! You seem to know everything about every subject yet you are still working for the corporate one. Aren't you glad you still get that little piece of paper that puts food on your table?

FedEx All the Way!

I got my letter today. One of the things Fred asks us to do is "to engage with our elected officials on this important issue". He also "wants your(our) voice to be heard". Happy to oblige, Mr Smith. I'll call and write every elected official I can think of again and tell them what a POS SOB you are and how you've taken it to us in the butt for 36 years. SHOVE IT, FRED!!!

Hopefully, the elected officials would respond to you with - "why are you still there?" "not to bright for taking it in the butt for 36 years."

The Mayor

Here's the info you requested:

Frederick W. Smith, CEO
Fed Ex Corporation
942 Shady Lane
Memphis, TN. 38116

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hopefully, the elected officials would respond to you with - "why are you still there?" "not to bright for taking it in the butt for 36 years."

Once again, let me point out that you are not a FedEx employee. You say your husband is a manager, so I'm guessing your "information" is sourced from him. Gee, I wonder where he might come down on all of this, especially since he's pretty high in the food chain, at least according to you. Since you aren't an hourly employee, your perspective is (as usual) meaningless. Also, it should be that I'm not "too" bright. Judging from your knowledge of punctuation and grammar, you are to (sic) smart to have a debate with a non-genius like me.