Seniority

Hello at my terminal we have 4 full time positions and I was the next guy in line for a full time position. The guy above me quit I was told that once he left I would get the full time position. now that he left I'm being told they don't have the hour and I'm just getting the run around. Is there anything I can do for this like file a grievance or anything I didn't think it was allowed to just get rid of a position like this. Is there anything in the contract about this ? can someone please help been waiting 3 years for this position.
Thanks

upschuck

I would doubt there is anything in the freight contract that says they can't cut areas. They do that at UPS when technology advances. Maybe that is why the guy, because he wasn't being worked enough.

T

Turdferguson

I would doubt there is anything in the freight contract that says they can't cut areas. They do that at UPS when technology advances. Maybe that is why the guy, because he wasn't being worked enough.
But you don't know? Right

RolloTony Brown Town

If you're not senior enough to get an 8 hour guarantee then it doesn't matter that the other gentleman quit. It matters how many guys are below not how few guys are above you at freight.