Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

Undertow

we have been settling for “close” for far too long.

why is it that we are always the ones to have to accept less?
I don't think we "accepted less" in 2018 as that deal was forced on the membership through a terribly written clause in the IBT constitution that later was dealt with fittingly and accordingly, but I'd agree that in several master agreements prior to that too many in the rank and file were just lying down and taking it.

JustDeliverIt

we have been settling for “close” for far too long.

why is it that we are always the ones to have to accept less?

I don’t feel we should accept less, there seems to be a lot of gains negotiated for us. We really won’t know until we see the final results. My only point was if the company steps up but not all the way to SOB’s level, is close going to be enough to get something to vote on.

JustDeliverIt

It might depend on how intent SOB is on attempting a push into organizing at places like Amazon. A lot of that company's warehouse workers resemble the demographic that makes up a substantial amount of part-timers at UPS and he might feel he has to secure a win on starting wages and "catch-up raises in this negotiation for them to really take notice.

I definitely get what you're saying. If what we've heard about what has been achieved to this point in negotiations is indeed true, there's certainly risk in calling the company's bluff and walking out, but if it comes to that, we've all gotta hold the line together.

I definitely feel this will be a stepping stone to hopefully organize Amazon at least. If SOB can get raises across the board along with any type of catch up raise I think it’s a win for him he can take other places.

I think holding the line will be good for the first week or so, a lot of pissed off men and women working here. True test will be if it last longer than 10 days. I think people will start getting antsy.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
upsCarolTatoos.jpeg

Undertow

Dennis Taylor should hang his head in :censored2:ing shame.
If I had the know-how, I'd love to post a screen shot of the actor Judge Reinhold from the movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" where he's states ":censored2: Dennis Taylor. I'm not gonna apologize to that wimp!" in response to his girlfriend's suggestion of sucking up to his former boss.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
As a shareholder, I’m concerned not only about a strike, but how our ceo has exposed ups to bad press, customers bailing for fear of strike, etc. What ceo doesn’t recognize the sentiment of Americans nowadays towards big corporations and how they treat their employees and customers, and gouge the American consumer over the past 3-4 years? Yet ups continues to gaslight on social media. Only to seemingly meet the teamsters demands in the long run anyway (if next week goes well), should’ve been settled a month ago.
Irresponsible and amateur of her, and has cost shareholders immeasurable value.
A Home Depot special.
You get what you pay for. From the top to the bottom.