Shuttle Driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Qualifications?

I'm wondering because I do plan on becoming one in my future after FT.

Are you talking about from the airport to the hotel, like at Disney? If so, I would think the only requirements would be a great deal of patience and the ability to smile while answering the same question for the 10,000th time.

Are you talking about from the airport to the hotel, like at Disney? If so, I would think the only requirements would be a great deal of patience and the ability to smile while answering the same question for the 10,000th time.
I'm talking about airport pickup to HUB delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What is an "extensive background check"? So you do need to be a FT driver before you can become a shuttle driver, correct..?

The background check to get an airport pass is much more extensive than the one they did when they hired you.

No, you don't have to be a FT driver to become a shuttle driver.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How does your Air volume get to your building now?
We get it on a small feeder aircraft. A small twin engine prop shuttles it from the gateway to us.
The background check to get an airport pass is much more extensive than the one they did when they hired you.

No, you don't have to be a FT driver to become a shuttle driver.
And you say I don't know what I'm talking about.... He's not getting a SIDA badge. Unless he has connections to ISIS he's gonna clear the background check. It's not that in depth.

OP the airport will run a background check on you and will have you take a short security test

EasyTrucker

An air shuttle driver wouldn't need a SIDA unless the building is also a gateway though. A regular AOA badge will do the trick.
Depends on the airport set up. Our shuttle drivers need SIDA badges just like us feeder drivers, because the only way to drive inside building to get loaded or unloaded is by driving inside the gate.