Sick time

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We get 5 personal and 5 sick days. Can schedule them as vacation weeks if desired. Unused gets paid at end of year at a huge tax rate

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not true about huge tax rate. Check the percentages, they don't change. It might seem more, because the amount is higher if the checks are combined.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not true about huge tax rate. Check the percentages, they don't change. It might seem more, because the amount is higher if the checks are combined.
Usused days off are taxed at a slightly higher rate...so I'm told...because it's considered a bonus...not actual income.

brownrod

How much sick time can you accrue before they cash you out?

Where I'm at it's 400 hours or in something close to that.

meaning... If I don't call in sick for 10 years I will have 400 sick hours banked. after you have your 400 banked then they pay out new hours accrued.

We have several drivers who makes out their sick hours.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What IS you talking about? I got paid for mine. Although the money was peanuts after Uncle Sam got done taxing it, it still was good.
Yes i'm sure 10/hr is fabulous. Use them or lose them referred to the fact that in 804, unused sick days cannot be rolled over into the following May first and accrued. In some locals you can do that.