sizes of new uniforms

P

pickup

Has anyone gotten new uniforms lately and did they come from the new company that UPS recently contracted with (not the chinese made Twin hill, but the one making them in Africa)?

I am curious how the sizes are matching up, particularly the pants. I am curious if,for example a 32 inch waist with Twin hill is equivalent to a 32 inch waist with this new company. I know when we jumped from cintas to twin hill, the twin hill stuff was tighter on me, even though I gave the same dimensions.
Anyone got the new stuff yet and does anyone anticipate the stuff from the new company coming through the pipeline in the next few months?(as I will probably be placing an order soon).

Caught the Starvin Marvin part but if you truly watch you`d know that S.M. and his people left the planet on the spaceship and therefore cannot make our new uniforms.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Caught the Starvin Marvin part but if you truly watch you`d know that S.M. and his people left the planet on the spaceship and therefore cannot make our new uniforms.
Sounds like you've got one of those Cartman Anal Probes ... that can make you irritable though the reception is good. :wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
You guys got it all wrong, they come from Kenya.
Don't worry about the pants size, worry more about the hats !

African Tribal Dancers - Mombasa Kenya

P

pickup

Made in Africa! Wow. A bunch of drivers walking around in Leopard unis.

Looking at my old cintas shirts, I see that they were made in Egypt which is part of Africa. So the business has returned to the "cradle of civilization".:greedy:

P

pickup

You guys got it all wrong, they come from Kenya.
Don't worry about the pants size, worry more about the hats !

How do they do pants sizes in canada? Inches for the waist or are the dimensions expressed in metric units?

Ms.PacMan

Yes, the Twin Hill are tighter. Without gaining any weight, I've had to go up a pants size! I was NOT a happy woman.

klein

How do they do pants sizes in canada? Inches for the waist or are the dimensions expressed in metric units?

Even though Canada has been metric now for over 35 years, some things never changed.
In Germany and Europe, they would definitly be ordered in centimeters.
Here we still go by inches when it comes to clothing.
However, sometimes when I buy my adidas shoes, I know I need a 44 center manager size (10 to 10.5 inch). But, they are defintly sold on the rack by inches.

Metric is used for almost everything else here (liters, km in a car and road signs, beverage containers (liters of milk, pop, etc, and every food item for that matter).
I don't think Canada will ever become fully metric, because things such as Building materials, TV screen sizes, are a North American norm size.
Our height and weight is issued in center manager and kg's in goverment documents, such as Drivers licence, Passport.
Yet, hardly anyone knows thier height and weight in metric.
Old habits die hard.
And, I noticed it really screws up the kids here. Some of them will think 6 feet is the same as 6 meters as an example (because thier parents talk in that language).
But, we have come a long way, the switch wasn't easy and actually very costly.
To trade with the rest of the world, I think it was a good move. And it paid us back 10 fold by now.
Just for an example, GM and Chrsyler didn't declare bankruptcy in Canada.

P

pickup

Even though Canada has been metric now for over 35 years, some things never changed.
In Germany and Europe, they would definitly be ordered in centimeters.
Here we still go by inches when it comes to clothing.
However, sometimes when I buy my adidas shoes, I know I need a 44 center manager size (10 to 10.5 inch). But, they are defintly sold on the rack by inches.

Metric is used for almost everything else here (liters, km in a car and road signs, beverage containers (liters of milk, pop, etc, and every food item for that matter).
I don't think Canada will ever become fully metric, because things such as Building materials, TV screen sizes, are a North American norm size.
Our height and weight is issued in center manager and kg's in goverment documents, such as Drivers licence, Passport.
Yet, hardly anyone knows thier height and weight in metric.
Old habits die hard.
And, I noticed it really screws up the kids here. Some of them will think 6 feet is the same as 6 meters as an example (because thier parents talk in that language).
But, we have come a long way, the switch wasn't easy and actually very costly.
To trade with the rest of the world, I think it was a good move. And it paid us back 10 fold by now.
Just for an example, GM and Chrsyler didn't declare bankruptcy in Canada.

I remember when I was in elementary school (grade 4?) in 1976, a governmental initiative to go metric was announced and the teachers were trying to shove it down our throats. This push came from the Carter administration but I think the administration ended up being forced to focus on matters more urgent than metrics: stuff like allatollahs and hostages. As a result, the push ended as quickly as it begun. But I do remember for a while some signs along sides of highways listed the distance to destinations in miles and kilometers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The new uniform I recieved last month were Cintas. They are terrible fitting.

The older ones I recieved a few years ago are Riverside. They are terrible fitting.

The Twin Hills i got before that. They are terrible fitting.

See a trend?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You dont see it on the order form, but if you ask for it the summer jac shirts can be ordered in an "extra tall" size...which should be mandatory for us guys with bellies. With the normal shirts you will flash your belly button every time you raise your arms.

klein

I remember when I was in elementary school (grade 4?) in 1976, a governmental initiative to go metric was announced and the teachers were trying to shove it down our throats. This push came from the Carter administration but I think the administration ended up being forced to focus on matters more urgent than metrics: stuff like allatollahs and hostages. As a result, the push ended as quickly as it begun. But I do remember for a while some signs along sides of highways listed the distance to destinations in miles and kilometers.

Yup, 1975 or 76 we switched.
I kinda thought the americans attempted it too.
It wouldn't pass.
Like your 1 dollar coin, didn't.
we have $1.00 and 2 dollar coins now (called in slang "loonie, and Toonie"), even thinking of a $5.00 coin.

It was just too expensive to keep printing more bills, while coins last forever. And vending machines are cheaper and safer (less fraud) with coin money.

P

pickup

The new uniform I recieved last month were Cintas. They are terrible fitting.

The older ones I recieved a few years ago are Riverside. They are terrible fitting.

The Twin Hills i got before that. They are terrible fitting.

See a trend?

yes, I see a trend, and I can also see the loose threads.