Snow shovels are junk these days!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone else fed up with the quality of the snow shovels being put out these days? The plastic doesn't seem to hold up. Cracks and the small metal strip worn down after one season?

Give me a good old steel snow shovel any day! I had one that lasted me a good 10 years of heavy use!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back in the day, they used the coal shovel.......for home protection too........those things don't break, you do.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Anyone else fed up with the quality of the snow shovels being put out these days? The plastic doesn't seem to hold up. Cracks and the small metal strip worn down after one season?

Give me a good old steel snow shovel any day! I had one that lasted me a good 10 years of heavy use!
Agree.
I've had some new snow shovels crack at the handle or blade during its first use.
Check out Struction snow shovels. More expensive, but they are much more durable.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got 7 different snow shovels, a snow scoop, a snow blower and a 5 foot plow on my ATV. Why do I need all this you ask? Because I'm a MAN.

A skid is the way to go, in smaller lots & tight spaces, especially if u have a V, or containment plow Of some type. Extremely versatile & fast. (If you have a 2 speed transmission).
What type you run?
Jd 332 with a 96"bucket. I only do three houses and they all have an 8foot drive. You?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Jd 332 with a 96"bucket. I only do three houses and they all have an 8foot drive. You?
Had a mid 90's Toyota. No heat, not enclosed, so it wasn't much fun. The bucket & lift controls were by foot (like a bobcat) and they would get packed with snow when stacking. Using a Ford triple nickel now. Don't plow much anymore, so it's just for around the shop.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Grain scoop man. They're the best shovels in my opinion. Most of them still come in steel and they are built tough. Plus they move a lot of snow.

16tons

Steel square nose for end of drive where the plow makes a pile of "ready mix cement" plus wife drives over it and packs it down.... Blower for the rest. My biggest pet peeve is how much narrower it gets by spring, lost 5' feet on one side. Too busy changing diapers to do much about it! Can't wait for kids to get older, child labor in my house! (Work ethic training.....)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Steel square nose for end of drive where the plow makes a pile of "ready mix cement" plus wife drives over it and packs it down.... Blower for the rest. My biggest pet peeve is how much narrower it gets by spring, lost 5' feet on one side. Too busy changing diapers to do much about it! Can't wait for kids to get older, child labor in my house! (Work ethic training.....)

Just curious, are you another day older and deeper in debt?