Snow shovels are junk these days!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wally, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Anyone else fed up with the quality of the snow shovels being put out these days? The plastic doesn't seem to hold up. Cracks and the small metal strip worn down after one season?

Give me a good old steel snow shovel any day! I had one that lasted me a good 10 years of heavy use!

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Back in the day, they used the coal shovel.......for home protection too........those things don't break, you do.

3. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Agree.
    I've had some new snow shovels crack at the handle or blade during its first use.
    Check out Struction snow shovels. More expensive, but they are much more durable.

4. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Haven't used a plastic one for years .

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

There is this place called the Internet that can get you anything your heart desires.

6. rod

rod retired and happy

I've got 7 different snow shovels, a snow scoop, a snow blower and a 5 foot plow on my ATV. Why do I need all this you ask? Because I'm a MAN.

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I heard it was called the 'interweb'......how ya doin Inde?

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Is that like a web within a web?
    I'm good. You?

9. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Snow shovels?

You all live some place it snows?

10. Skidsteer.
    /closethread

11. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

A skid is the way to go, in smaller lots & tight spaces, especially if u have a V, or containment plow Of some type. Extremely versatile & fast. (If you have a 2 speed transmission).
    What type you run?

12. Jd 332 with a 96"bucket. I only do three houses and they all have an 8foot drive. You?

13. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Had a mid 90's Toyota. No heat, not enclosed, so it wasn't much fun. The bucket & lift controls were by foot (like a bobcat) and they would get packed with snow when stacking. Using a Ford triple nickel now. Don't plow much anymore, so it's just for around the shop.

14. Grain scoop man. They're the best shovels in my opinion. Most of them still come in steel and they are built tough. Plus they move a lot of snow.

15. 16tons

16tons Member

Steel square nose for end of drive where the plow makes a pile of "ready mix cement" plus wife drives over it and packs it down.... Blower for the rest. My biggest pet peeve is how much narrower it gets by spring, lost 5' feet on one side. Too busy changing diapers to do much about it! Can't wait for kids to get older, child labor in my house! (Work ethic training.....)

16. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Just curious, are you another day older and deeper in debt?

17. 16tons

16tons Member

Would you prefer ring of fire?

18. slappyhappy

slappyhappy Member

What the hell is a snow shovel?