So...Moonlighting eh?

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by ThatGuyWithTheLongCommute, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Just thought I'd drop in with a noob question and wish you all the best of luck in adjusting to your new jobs.

I'm a noob FedExer and there are several from my orientation class that probably won't be there next week. I hope you have more drive inside of you than they did. One week? C'mon, not even. More like 3 actual working days. Ridiculous. The pampered youth of America nowadays...

As for the title: I have a few buds who work at UPS down the road and I have been pondering joining them on their shift because UPS is hiring right now. Unfortunately there's a no moonlighting policy at FedEx; so, I face a moral dilemma....Do/Can/Should I work for two masters in the same industry?

I got bills to pay after all. Growing up is such a ripoff.

I always did like whiskey though. ;D

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

In order for you to be hired at UPS you would basically have to lie when asked to list your employment history.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Don't ask, don't tell. As long as your shifts don't overlap, no-one will ever care.

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Why would he need to do that?

5. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Go for it! UPS just wants a warm body. They don't care if you are working at FedEx, or anywhere else for that matter. They just want you to show up. I talked to my center manager a couple weeks ago and, out of 20 doing the walk through and 4 being hired, 1 is left.

6. I had a tour and interview earlier today. I hope to get a call back soon. I'm not sure about joining the union or not. It seems like it hasn't done much in the past three decades for part-timers in terms of wages, and with the new healthcare act I'm eligible to remain on my father's insurance for 3 more years (good stuff too, he's a county employee).