So we can scan USPS barcodes...

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by OrioN, Sep 25, 2016.

1. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

I had a couple this week... my HD powerpad can scan these since when?

Still can't scan an express label yet, though.
    -----
    Customer: can you take this returns for me?

Me: is it G or E on the square?

Customer: E, but we're in no rush to return it

Me: my scanner can't scan the barcode so u will have to wait 24~48 hours until u can track it

Customer: no problem

Me: shrugs and i took it in for management to call for a pickup~ they have an express driver at the hub almost daily anyways

2. Star B

Star B White Lightning

The integration probably happened when drivers started dealing with SmartPost.. because those are USPS barcodes

3. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

Weird that i was taking it to the final destination instead of the postal worker...

4. Star B

Star B White Lightning

There were threads around here taking about Ground getting SmartPost stops when they are already going to that house.....

5. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

I tell the customer I would take their Ground, but since I can't scan the barcode, he/she would have no proof I took it. They usually say 'OK, I'll wait for the Ground driver'.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our Surepost has two barcodes, one for us and the other for the Post Office.

7. McFeely

McFeely Huge Member

I take the G packages all the time, but I run into the Ground guy at my last pup everyday so I just give them to him there.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Locally the Ground guy's last pickup is at the Express station.

9. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Ground guy picks up at my station at 16:00 good thing there are only a few routes back by then

10. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

why there is always tomorrow for pup from day before?

11. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Yeah or a pup from a week ago that ground never picked up from the original buisness anyway

12. OrioN

OrioN Active Member

Yea, usually if i happen to see one, I'll ask the receptionist about it.

Since i can scan em and use unlisted pup, i will get er done and send a message to CPC about it.

They'll check the pup listing to confirm or deny a call was made to pup the parcel.

Wonders why the ground guys~ gals do that... if its a resis pup, they can use cpc to see if the local HD driver is heading that way and let him~ her do it... but, alas, that's just too much thinking for the common driver, i reckon'