Southern Region TCD

Hello all, I've been with UPS for a year now. Last week I passed the driving class to become a "TCD", and awaiting a call to start my on road training. I've scowered the forums, but didn't find an answer.

HR is telling me the pay is 16.10, but other TCD's from my building are saying they make 27 something an hour. Is this because I became a TCD during the peak months? Or do I got to make 30 days first? I've tried to ask my steward but he had no information for me, also I can't find any details on cover driver pay in the contract.

Any information is much apreciated!

From what I understand, if you are brought in from the hub (bid list). You are considered a "TCD", as for off the street hires. I don't know. That's why I'm wondering since I did my training during peak time (after Oct 15) am I considered seasonal?

​Anybody start cover driving around peak time have any insight?

UPSGUY72

Pay will be 85% of $32/hr.

So as a TCD your start making 85% of $32 to start. But if you start as a FT driver your have to go through progression and start at $16.10 ???????? That doesn't seem right.

There must be a progression for TCD and then a top out rate which probably is the 85% of $32 that you mention.

Robert91

So as a TCD your start making 85% of $32 to start. But if you start as a FT driver your have to go through progression and start at $16.10 ???????? That doesn't seem right.

There must be a progression for TCD and then a top out rate which probably is the 85% of $32 that you mention.

I do not believe there is a progression for TCD's. I have also been told $27, and the two TCD's I got the information from said they were paid that the first day of on-road training. I'll have a sure answer when my pay-stub is posted tomorrow, as I began my on-road training last week. I'll try to get back with ya'll after I see it.

mavs972

No all TCD's make the same amount whether they've been a TCD for 5 years or 1 month at 85% of top pay. 16$ an hour is if you're hired full time off the street or go driving without being TCD. A TCD that becomes full time will be red circled at his TCD rate until progression catches up.