Spying

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have noticed my dr audits are almost non existent, and my mgrs following is too. They dont want the windows in their corvette, shot out, and especially today, it was hard to tell the fireworks from the gunshots. Just take a high risk ghetto route, you wont see them.

hoser

Industrial Slob
What you consider to be spying, I consider to be normal. When your manager is sitting in the passenger seat of a package car, you're going to drive a LOT differently than if there is no manager in the passenger seat of your package car.

Ironically, if you follow the proper habits, you'll notice your manager by the 3rd stop.

I do the job safely and properly, and therefore, I have nothing to worry about. That's why I wouldn't see a manager following me in his personal vehicle to be 'spying'.

I would just wave after every stop and later embellish the three point contact while staring at him. Or I would stop at the coffee shop during my break, get him a coffee, then walk up to his vehicle.

And I'm sure the police are going to love that. Don't do it. you will probably be arrested for wasting their resources.

Are you saying you are going to call the police and tell them a terrorist is following you when you know your supervisor's car and know its him that is tailing you????

Why would you do that?
Haha! Living in Boston, you can probably tell us first hand what happens if the police arrive full force with the bomb squad only to find out.....

You get a bill for double what it actually cost the city! :lol::lol:

Tie, why the sigh....do you think that it happens too often, or that its a waste of company resources or time. Has anyone ever seen a fedex or dhl person following around a truck. I do know that ups reps have followed around fedex trucks to see where they are picking up from. I also know that there have been cars parked outside the building, facing the gate during am, counting cars leaving, and they have not been ups management. Remember, if you get stopped by anyone wanting to ask you questions they better have a ups badge, if you dont know them. If fedex trys to come up to you or anyone from dept of homeland security trying to get in your truck you tell them no way in hell and call your boss...let them come out to deal with the feds!!:mad:

no way in hell fedex express would follow their own drivers, unless there was an extremely compelling reason why. i can tell you that as a fact.

counting cars.. I can see it as possible, although I see no use of that data for a competing company; the number of cars rolling out of a center at a time means nothing if we don't know how many boxes are in those cars and what loops they're covering.

i bet you those people counting cars were from the transport ministry. but it could very well be fedex, after all, it's widely known that airlines do passenger counts in the gate areas of other airlines.

browniehound

What you consider to be spying, I consider to be normal. When your manager is sitting in the passenger seat of a package car, you're going to drive a LOT differently than if there is no manager in the passenger seat of your package car.

Ironically, if you follow the proper habits, you'll notice your manager by the 3rd stop.

I do the job safely and properly, and therefore, I have nothing to worry about. That's why I wouldn't see a manager following me in his personal vehicle to be 'spying'.

I would just wave after every stop and later embellish the three point contact while staring at him. Or I would stop at the coffee shop during my break, get him a coffee, then walk up to his vehicle.

Haha! Living in Boston, you can probably tell us first hand what happens if the police arrive full force with the bomb squad only to find out.....

You get a bill for double what it actually cost the city! :lol::lol:

no way in hell fedex express would follow their own drivers, unless there was an extremely compelling reason why. i can tell you that as a fact.

counting cars.. I can see it as possible, although I see no use of that data for a competing company; the number of cars rolling out of a center at a time means nothing if we don't know how many boxes are in those cars and what loops they're covering.

i bet you those people counting cars were from the transport ministry. but it could very well be fedex, after all, it's widely known that airlines do passenger counts in the gate areas of other airlines.

Hoser, you mis-quoted me. I never posted anything about Tie-guy sighing. Where did you get that? Please re-post where you got me posting about a management person counting cars as they leave the hub. I never posted anything like that.

hoser

Industrial Slob

tieguy

Banned
Sigh ...its normal.

Management has the rght to observe you.

Tie, why the sigh....do you think that it happens too often, or that its a waste of company resources or time. Has anyone ever seen a fedex or dhl person following around a truck.

Cold ,

This is one of those issues where an inside sup observing his people is never questioned while a onroad doing it outside is turned into something sneaky and sleazy. Sups have the right to do so and hopefully what they will see is their people doing a good job.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Cold ,

This is one of those issues where an inside sup observing his people is never questioned while a onroad doing it outside is turned into something sneaky and sleazy. Sups have the right to do so and hopefully what they will see is their people doing a good job.
yup:thumbup1:

bugman74

I had our new center manager and two on car sups roll up on me right before christmas at a DR stop and check out my truck and records. They started questioning me about my bulkhead door, saying it was open. It was because I was stopped between two homes that I had packages for and I was lining up both stops at one time. Aside from that I had no probs. Like everyone says, just do it right and you will have no problems

9/5Everyday

Happens all the time in our center. They have nothing better to do so they try to fire us. They want the work done, but if we followed how they want us to do it, we would never get done.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welomce 9/5 everday and Im your neighbor, just across the line in Ytown. Hope you enjoy, and look forward to hearing more from you!

hoser

Industrial Slob
I would like to know how many drivers leave their bulk doors open while driving. There seem to be a lot, and I can't stand drivers who do that. It's a huge personal safety issue while you're moving and it's an obvious loss-prevention issue while you're parked.

local804

I would like to know how many drivers leave their bulk doors open while driving. There seem to be a lot, and I can't stand drivers who do that. It's a huge personal safety issue while you're moving and it's an obvious loss-prevention issue while you're parked.

I am sure, at one time or another, every single driver in America has drove with thier bulkhead door open. No one in thier right mind is innocent and if you state you do, its hogwash. Have you never seen a supervisor do it? How about wearing seatbelts? I would think the seatbelt would be a huger safety issue for you because we all know that "plenty" of UPSers lives would be saved if they wore thier seatbelts before the accident. How about the drivers who speed to get thier next day airs done in time while they only have 45 minute to do 12 stops after leaving the building at 9:30. Does UPS put more air drivers on the road to compensate for the pathetic preload? The answer is NO! The latest driver that was killed on a highway in the midwest was killed at 1010 in the am. I dont know all the details but it was posted on the browncafe a few weeks ago. Slow the hell down, do the job right and the suits will disapear.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I am sure, at one time or another, every single driver in America has drove with thier bulkhead door open. No one in thier right mind is innocent and if you state you do, its hogwash. Have you never seen a supervisor do it? How about wearing seatbelts? I would think the seatbelt would be a huger safety issue for you because we all know that "plenty" of UPSers lives would be saved if they wore thier seatbelts before the accident. How about the drivers who speed to get thier next day airs done in time while they only have 45 minute to do 12 stops after leaving the building at 9:30. Does UPS put more air drivers on the road to compensate for the pathetic preload? The answer is NO! The latest driver that was killed on a highway in the midwest was killed at 1010 in the am. I dont know all the details but it was posted on the browncafe a few weeks ago. Slow the hell down, do the job right and the suits will disapear.
Hey, I never said I accidentally left it open while out of my driver rhythm. But I can truthfully say that these accidental instances haven't happened more than three times, and when they did, it was as I was pulling out, and I stopped what I was doing to shut it. I never ever leave the bulk open, even if I am driving 50 ft at a walking pace.

It's just a habit to shut the bulk when I leave the bulk area. The second I hit the threshold, my left arm is grabbing the pullcord to shut it. I memorize my stops (or at the worst, write them down), so I never go back into the back once I get back in, causing me to get out of my rhythm.

I ALWAYS wear my seat belt. As my right hand engages the ignition, my left hand grabs the seat belt. The engine starts at the exact same time as the seatbelt clips in. Right foot applies the brake then right hand puts the pcar into D, right hand then goes to the steering while as the left hand disengages the ebrake. All of this while checking both mirrors and the backup camera. I don't think I'm alone on this one. When you do it 130 times in a day, it's as subconscious as breathing.

Oh, and I never ever intentionally speed. There is the time where I'm passing an idiot on a 2-lane and I have to break the speed by 5% or I was going down the freeway without realizing I'm 10% above the speed limit, but once it's realized, I slow down. No way in hell can I get written up for having late stops due to the fact that I was overloaded and these were late for no reason beyond overloading. However, I can definitely get written up for speeding, and subject to termination if I do it again. Not worth it to think that I'm impressing someone. Because really, I'm not. And even if I were, I still wouldn't do it. It means more money for me anyways.

All about rhythm and habits. not the HABITS, but the common sense habits.

and I got it all this from fedex's courier best methods. Like HABITS, FX has "courier best practices" which caused a riot amongst the lifers in every station when it was implemented in 1998, but I must say it was really good. FX's CBP is the reason why I do everything the way I do, which does not make me susceptible if I'm getting spied on. CBP taught the new people how to do best get in, through, and out of a truck and it really was THE best way. in fact, as CBP was being developed, they consulted the lifer couriers in MEM who not only suggested and developed CBP in conjunction with IE, but they demonstrated them and explained the methods in the training videos. the VP of IE actually came on the video and said "I understand that many of you have your own ways, and these ways certainly work very well for you. However, I ask you personally to have an open mind and consider these methods, as we are attempting to standardize our operations, and these methods are proven to a few seconds per stop which can amount to hours by the year, contributing deeper to your teams PSP goals." (or something very close to that effect). i sometimes miss fx for this reason

while UPS' HABITS is just stupid and obviously a system from the top developed by consultants paid $10 000 an hour. and the practices UPS teaches are inconsistent and really stupid (like seriously expecting the 3point at ALL times, even when you're holding your bloody DIAD)

Last edited: