Standing Up to the ACLU

diesel96

As usual you are missing the point. And that point is that their supposed reason for existing and what they are actually doing is two different things. Yes, I am questioning the ACLU position. That position is that of twisting and spinning the constitution to defend their clients. So basically they are spitting on the Constitution. Doesn't sound very Constitutionally sound does it? I think not. Only liberal judges and supposedly conservative judges with no cojones are the fools that fall for their BS. If the ACLU truly practiced what they preached then the number of clients they've represented over the years would be drasticallly less than what they have actually represented to date. They would also be a pretty good organization. But that's not what's happening. And let's not forget their ties to the communist party. Just face it....they are a joke. Their defense of the guy involved with the bathroom stall incident is one of many examples of how they are crazy loons.

Lets face it BigA, many if not ALL defense Attorneys have to represent Dirtbags and Lowlifes as part of their practises....Johnny Cochran for example defending OJ. True he's in the private sector however the same can be said for most public defense attorneys paid for by our tax dollars. The ACLU is no different, if there not in your corner, you hate them. But if their fighting for example on our behalf of the American People for injustices the Gov't is violating such as, withholding evidence referring to it as "State Secrets" of Nat'l Security threats when admittlingly breaking the law and Constitutional amendment of invasion of privacy and liberties, they become our best friends. Unless of course you beleive everything the Gov't tells you.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said,"Let me see if I've got this rightYou want me to go into that room with all those kids, and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning.

And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self esteem.

You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of anti-social behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for the cultural diversity of others, and oh, make sure that I give the girls in my class fifty percent of my attention.

My contract requires me to work on my own time after school, evenings and weekends grading papers. Also, I must spend my summer vacation, at my own expense, working toward advance certification and a Masters degree.And on my own time you want me to attend committee and faculty meetings, PTA meetings, and participate in staff development training.

I am to be a paragon of virtue, larger than life, such that my very presence will awe my students into being obedient and respectful of authority.You want me to incorporate technology into the learning experience, monitor web sites, and relate personally with each student. That includes deciding who might be potentially dangerous and/or liable to commit a crime in school.I am to make sure all students pass the mandatory state exams, even those who don't come to school regularly or complete any of their assignments. Plus, I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps get an equal education regardless of the extent of their mental or physical handicap.And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter and report card.

All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!You want me to do all of this and yet you expect me......
NOT TO PRAY

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

MORELUCK,

if you despise the ACLU, then you would also have to despise the United States Constitution as well. The ACLU represents americans when the constitution is violated. In your article you posted and probably didnt read or understand, it clearly sez an attendee was OFFENDED by the religious symbols visible during the ceremony. In addition, 2 religious hymms were sung and there were many religious symbols in the open to plain view.

This violates our constitution. Separation of church and state. The ACLU is there to defend the consitution and not religion.

The school has agreed to make changes with the exception of covering the cross. The ACLU will have a legal standing to block the ceremony should it file an injunction against it.

The school sez it was more tradition than religious to have the ceremony there and it UNDERSTANDS it must make changes. The ACLU representing the PEOPLE of the United States is in the RIGHT on this issue.

We are suppose to support our constitution, and religious combinations into state functions violates the very principle of our constitution.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A graduation celebration doesn't have to be part of the school curriculum. A celebration was held outside the school. You expect someone to remodel their building for one event held there?
I hate it when one person gripes and the 318,000,000 of us have to comply. Screw 'em!!!!!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your ACLU is a fraud. Nothing but a communist agenda bent on destroying the country from the inside out. If the ACLU truly practiced what it preached then it would be a great thing. BUT unfortunately it seems to just want to destroy this country from within. Oh by the way......the constitution says nothing about the seperation of church and state. Why does your Godless ACLU continue to pretend that it does? WAKE UP!

BIG,

please define how the ACLU is communist. BE specific. Enlighten us to your thought process. I am sure you understand what you posted and its meaning, so lets hear it.

Peace,

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A graduation celebration doesn't have to be part of the school curriculum. A celebration was held outside the school. You expect someone to remodel their building for one event held there?
I hate it when one person gripes and the 318,000,000 of us have to comply. Screw 'em!!!!!!!

Moreluck,

if the constitution fails one american, then it fails us ALL.

Peace.

Moreluck,

if the constitution fails one american, then it fails us ALL.

Peace.
As long as it supports your views.

The owners of the building ( they are not the organizers of the event) doesn't have to change a thing and shouldn't. The school can simply have the graduation in the school's gym. Screw the 3k plus people that want to go to the ceremony.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Now, the schools will just do away with the valedictorian program. That's right, just give all the students "stars" whether they excel or not !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are already talking about it on news reports......most kid's speeches include messages of faith & such. Schools are looking to avoid the wrath of ACLU attacks on their events.

over9five

Staff member
There's the solution....just make the atheist kid the valedictorian.

Most kids nowadays are Atheists. I can't think of any of my kids friends who are religious. I can only think of my BILs kids who go to church, and I feel sorry for them because they're too young to make up their own minds.