Started and everything is going great!

opie said:
That is partially true. You get a good workout, which keeps you in shape etc. I know several guys who have lost a lot weight while working here. But, also working here can be detrimental to your health. You can easily get injured while working here. Many guys complain about their back or something else is bothering them. I notice at my center that some guys who have been working there for many years, they are "hunched":wheelchai over. How about the dust we breath, every night when I blow my nose, all what comes out is black dirt.

Before I came to UPS I was a machinist. Which is arguably way worse.

How'd you like to breathe synthetic coolant all day? :P

benschreivogel

When you notice a package that has the wrong P.A.S. label, this is called an out of sinc. The P.A.S. scanners don't get the chance to view the labels. they just scan stick, scan stick, scan stick very fast. What happens is the bullseye on the label when you scan it sometimes does not print anything up unlike the regular barcodes that will at least print a blank label when you scan them. If you are going really fast and don't catch that it didn't print ,you will then go out of sinc. God help you if you don't catch it soon. We had a guy scan about 30 air envelopes one time before he relized the labels were out of sinc. I am one of the best scanners on our line and it still happens to me sometimes and it's isn't because I didn't look at the labels, because I can't . Most out of sinc. labels are a result of a computer error and rookies who are not familiar enough to catch when the computer is friend'ing up. So take it easy on us P.A.S guys we are not permited to scan and compare labels. Just to scan and stick and pay attention. With that in mind, mistakes do happen and I appologize for all of us.

helenofcalifornia

Do you mean a real dollar or a gift certificate to some store? I didn't know UPS still did cash. What a great idea though. The truck two doors down has had the same 2 packages with bad PAL labels that are 2DA. Hmmm.