Staying energetic

Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by ryansox, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ryansox

ryansox New Member

I'm wondering what everyone does to stay energetic during the day like sleep habits, food intake, energy drinks? I usually try to get 6 hours of sleep at least and stay away from energy drinks but I am starting to feel tired already and it's not even peak season yet.
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Diet and exercise are key. Take naps, as they help some. Cut out booze, sugar, and processed foods.
  3. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Vitamin D supplement
    Vitamin B complex supplement
    Fish Oil supplement
    Melatonin before sleep
    Exercise 30 min a day, every day
    stretch before sleeping ( this one really helps a good nights rest)
    dinner should be the lightest meal, not heaviest ( my dinner: cereal, veggies, apples, bananas, etc)

Just a few suggestions that should help with energy levels and especially a good night's sleep.
  4. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

no energy not a good thing, just eat your 3 square meals a day, no smoking or booze, that's no help. exercise everyday before work, gets the blood flowing.
  5. Boredom and your perspective on life are also factors in your energy level. If you are emotionally and mentally healthy this will also help your energy. Is your glass half full or half empty?
  6. You don't need sleep like you think. I did a whole year where I'd operate on 2-4 hours a day for 3-4 days in a row. Once the weekend rolls around then you will just catch up. It takes quite a bit of conditioning and i don't think I'd try it as a driver. It Works for a poor preloader who needs two jobs though.
  7. rod

rod retired and happy

In the winter I try to get by on about 14 hours of sleep for every 24 hours. If it is REAL cold I try to hibernate. In the summer I get along with very little sleep--maybe just some cat naps.