Support our fellow working discharged NY drivers.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But, look at what type of people.... are guiding them.
I don't know any of these men from Adam, or their workings.

All I'm saying is if they did know this, then why would they intentionally put all of these men's jobs on a crap shoot. They are either incompetent(emotionally driven) or ignorant(of the procedures) to play this game with people's jobs.

Alcohol "infused" bravado.

"Pope no longer drives a tractor-trailer, but she still spends much of her time on the road. Last fall, she announced her candidacy for president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and on a Sunday afternoon in March, she’s headed to yet another campaign stop, this time in Allentown, Pennsylvania, at a hotel bar, on a street called Bulldog Drive."

http://nymag.com/news/politics/sandy-pope-2011-5/

It seems to be a resounding theme.

s41269.jpg

Members, are entitled to make their own decisions.

-Bug-

T

Turdferguson

I know a lot of drivers that are ignorant of the contract, I don't see your point here. To me, that makes my point of being emotionally driven, tell me how I am wrong.
Lois is not plural for Loi:p

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these people just deal UPS a straight flush? Did they basically quit? So then can't UPS hire them back at starting pay and bottom of seniority scale? And that's just the ones that they want back. Anyone who may have been problematic in the past may find themselves applying with FDX.

oldngray

nowhere special
The ones who clocked in then walked out are the ones most likely to get hosed. The ones who never came in should be more a case of no call no show than job abandonment like might apply to the ones who walked out.

bbsam

Staff member
Mass no call/ no show on this day's demonstration...UPS holds a strong hand to do what they want.

brown_trousers

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these people just deal UPS a straight flush? Did they basically quit? So then can't UPS hire them back at starting pay and bottom of seniority scale? And that's just the ones that they want back. Anyone who may have been problematic in the past may find themselves applying with FDX.

well... if they were to hire/rehire drivers they would have to go through the FT bid list by seniority before offering the job to someone who basically quit.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
If the BA actually pulled the building and called the strike, then the local can/will absolutely be held responsible via injunctions and for financial damages as a result of service failures. If this was the case and 804 decided to invoke the clause in their supplement allowing them to strike if the company refuses to follow the grievance procedure, I'm sure 72 hours notice would have been given.

If the drivers spontaneously walked off, it's a wild cat strike. While they still give up the right to return to their jobs as they would under a legally sanctioned strike, it's harder to hold the local responsible. This might have been why the local president/secretary-treasurer were "pleading" the members to return to work as a formality.

Just from what I've seen/read/heard, I think the drivers pulled/signaled they would pull a wild cat, the BA assessed the situation and then he ran with it; he "pulled the stewards" hopefully before the strike so they couldn't be singled out for greater discipline (stewards can be punished more severely for an unsanctioned stoppage/slow down).

oldngray

nowhere special
If the BA actually pulled the building and called the strike, then the local can/will absolutely be held responsible via injunctions and for financial damages as a result of service failures. If this was the case and 804 decided to invoke the clause in their supplement allowing them to strike if the company refuses to follow the grievance procedure, I'm sure 72 hours notice would have been given.

If the drivers spontaneously walked off, it's a wild cat strike. While they still give up the right to return to their jobs as they would under a legally sanctioned strike, it's harder to hold the local responsible. This might have been why the local president/secretary-treasurer were "pleading" the members to return to work as a formality.

Just from what I've seen/read/heard, I think the drivers pulled/signaled they would pull a wild cat, the BA assessed the situation and then he ran with it; he "pulled the stewards" hopefully before the strike so they couldn't be singled out for greater discipline (stewards can be punished more severely for an unsanctioned stoppage/slow down).

It looked to me like the BA pulled the drivers then after they were outside started waffling to try to cover his own :censored2:. Only the people who were there really know what happened but I get the feeling the drivers got stuck in the middle and were used as pawns.

cino321

It looked to me like the BA pulled the drivers then after they were outside started waffling to try to cover his own :censored2:. Only the people who were there really know what happened but I get the feeling the drivers got stuck in the middle and were used as pawns.

Bingoooooooo

browned out

The drivers were well aware of the consequences and still stood strong. I did not see any drivers running back in the facility after being told they could lose their jobs. These types of protests will continue until the harassment stops. Way to go. This show of strength will embolden the fed up drivers and other employees. This was just the first step. The message has been sent.

stink219

The drivers were well aware of the consequences and still stood strong. I did not see any drivers running back in the facility after being told they could lose their jobs. These types of protests will continue until the harassment stops. Way to go. This show of strength will embolden the fed up drivers and other employees. This was just the first step. The message has been sent.
So your saying that it took the drivers to do what the executive board couldn't? I agree. 804 agents and officers need a new career choice.

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?