Supreme Court to hear case on Chicago Gun ban

brett636

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/

Lets hope this goes the way Heller did! :angel2:

Docket: 08-1521
Title: McDonald, et al. v. City of Chicago
Issue: Whether the Second Amendment is incorporated into the Due Process Clause or the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment so as to be applicable to the States, thereby invalidating ordinances prohibiting possession of handguns in the home.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And this will bring out all the gun freaks in this country for a couple of weeks....

Guns, guns, guns...I say, let them have their guns, let them kill each other, their wives, kids and relatives....

That's what happens anyway in America.

I say let them shoot it out in the home!

:peaceful:

brett636

It's your last chance, go for it!

Huh? More like your last chance. The anti-gun crowd hasn't had a major legislative or judicial victory since the passing of the Assault weapons ban that expired in 2004. Even with a supermajority in Congress and a rabid liberal in the white house your side still quivers at the thought of voting in any anti-gun legislation. Heller put the nail in the coffin for the D.C. gun ban, and hopefully this case will end city ordinances banning firearms in the home. Your anti-gun rhetoric is falling on deaf ears and firearm freedoms across this nation are on the rise. Thank god for the 2nd amendment!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On an interesting note ; the manufacture of weapons and bullets has increased over the last year to the point of there is actually shortages of materials available.
How come barry & co have not been glowing about this growing & over worked industrial production ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On an interesting note ; the manufacture of weapons and bullets has increased over the last year to the point of there is actually shortages of materials available.
How come barry & co have not been glowing about this growing & over worked industrial production ?

Tell me about it!

There hasnt been any .22 ammo available around here for almost a year. Zip, zero, nada. Up until a few weeks ago there wasnt any 9mm either. I have had to cut way back on my target practice because I refuse to let my .22 ammo stockpile get below 3,000 rounds and I'm almost there.

I read somewhere that more guns and ammo were sold in the 8 weeks after Obama got elected than had been sold during the entire previous year.

chev

Nightcrawler
And this will bring out all the gun freaks in this country for a couple of weeks....

Guns, guns, guns...I say, let them have their guns, let them kill each other, their wives, kids and relatives....

That's what happens anyway in America.

I say let them shoot it out in the home!

:peaceful:
:rolleyes2: Yeah, because that's exactly what has happened in states like Texas and Arizona.....right? Please. Enough with the paranoid disillusions.

wkmac

I hope they uphold Chicago's gun ban!

Given a choice I'd rather see State's Rights and State Supremacy upheld but I know that's a pipedream mainly because of the creation of federal citizenship under the 14th amendment and the powers of the necessary and proper clause accordingly.

Also, it would limit this action to Chicago but it would also tell Chicagoians if they want something different in their community, then they can change it. What Chicago folks live with day in and day out is not decided by wheeling and dealing of Congressial folks from other states who've obtained power and dicatate accordingly and not always in the best interest of Chicago but rather in their own interests or those representing special interests. At least Chicago doesn't have to then worry about who is controlled by pro-gun or anti-gun groups but rather who or what is influencing their own local elected leaders.

Hooray for localism even if I disagree with the how part of living it overall. But then I don't live there so why should I tell them how to live? And the reverse holds true for me. In defending their local means and ways, I'm defending mine!

Sad we don't realize that our negative (verse positive) right to a firearm is found not in the 2nd amendment but in the Lockean ideal of Right to life, liberty and property!

Negative verses Positive Rights