Switching from preload to reload. Drop in sort pay?

PT Car Washer

Strange, all preloaders here are considered skills and get the dollar.
Used to be that way. Everyone on preload made the extra dollar. New manager comes in and changes the rules and the Union local agreed to it. All the old preloaders kept the raise but any new hires don't. No wonder are preload is a disaster year round. It would be a lot worse except half the preload is Art. 22.3 career employees.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Used to be that way. Everyone on preload made the extra dollar. New manager comes in and changes the rules and the Union local agreed to it. All the old preloaders kept the raise but any new hires don't. No wonder are preload is a disaster year round. It would be a lot worse except half the preload is Art. 22.3 career employees.
The extra dollar is usually how I can convince local sorters to double shift on preload.

PT Car Washer

I believe the intent of everyone on preload getting the dollar is that way management can put them anywhere needed at any time without all the payroll headaches.
I believe the intent of everyone on preload getting the extra dollar was an incentive to show up the next day. My building had to move almost all the Art.22.3's to Midnight/Preload just to fill all the empty slots.