Teamster drivers cry..... Waaaahhh...90 dollas a week towards my healthcare

vantexan

Ditto!...I've seen many real busy Fredx drivers and have the utmost respect for them....But...They don't know athing about busting balls delivering the ups truck!

Among other rts I've done that were pretty difficult let's look at my duties 4 years ago at the tender age of 47. Clocked in, stretch and flex, quick meeting at belt, pre-tripped my truck, went up to containers to unload. About 45 minutes of non-stop unloading, went to truck, scanned in 100-150 pieces, set truck up, then left bldg to deliver 20-25 priority stops by 1030 getting to first one by 0910-0920. Went into P-2 deliveries immediately, typically 85-95 total stops over 110-150 miles with a stepvan loaded with boxes. Usually went on lunch around 1700, back at station shortly after lunch, worked reload unloading freight from other couriers vans. Parked about 17-18 trucks, went through about about 30 trucks checking for missed freight, clocked out 1930-1940. Sometimes 2000. And from moment I clocked in until I clocked out I was humping. No strolling, no chatting with customers. And I was stuck with all those extra duties because mgr lied to me on phone about nature of duties and hours to get me to transfer in. Same strategy used by mgr here. And above wasn't my worst rt over the years, maybe my 3rd worst. Not all FedEx rts are equal. In my experience there are always one or two in every station that everyone knows are worse than the others and those rts are usually the ones open in our weekly computer postings known as JCATS2. So yeah, generally UPS drivers work harder, but there are FedEx couriers who earn every penny and don't get compensated nearly enough for the demands placed on them.

DS

Fenderbender
For a lot less
You seem to know a lot.Left right,whatever.Ups drivers work way harder than express.
Imagine your route,with the Fedex ground and home volume all in one day.
Every day.The production harassment,the telematics,no send agains,punch out by 7pm crap
we suffer through,we deserve every penny.The recent threat to reduce benefits is not acceptable
for a company that does very well.Ups is not Fedex.We are always hiring.

thedownhillEXPRESS

And I agree with you 100%....

Read all my posts and you'll see my sarcasm...

Again I am just sick of reading the right wing BS on the UPS side of the forum where it seems you agree with everything the repulicans do except for that whole anti union thing.......just sayin

thedownhillEXPRESS

Democrats have nothing to do with the fact that Express has hired hoards of mediocre , thieving, underachieving employees that are prone to steal narcotics in the last few years....

vantexan

Democrats have nothing to do with the fact that Express has hired hoards of mediocre , thieving, underachieving employees that are prone to steal narcotics in the last few years....

But let's be fair...mediocre, thieving, underachieving employees tend to be Democrats! :hesaidsmiley:

Hey, if you are going to pitch me a softball like that I have to swing for the fences!:baseballplayer:

But let's be fair...mediocre, thieving, underachieving employees tend to be Democrats! :hesaidsmiley: Thats O.K....next time I see a Fedex ground guy...I will throw him a bar of soap and a razor.....Hope he knows what to do with it!!

Hey, if you are going to pitch me a softball like that I have to swing for the fences!:baseballplayer:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It always amuses me the number of people here who seem to know what someone else's job is all about, even though they've never spent a minute in their shoes. I honestly couldn't say how hard it is to be a UPS guy or Ground or whatever and wouldn't pretend to. I think they all require a pretty fair amount of hustle.

hypo hanna

Back to the topic......

I am paying close to $150 a month and the quality of the policy is not nearly as good as what the UPS drivers enjoy. Confirmed by both my doctor and dentist who have several UPS patients.

I hope you guys stick to your guns on this with the negotiations.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I got no problem with what you guys make. You earn every dollar. We on the other hand work just as hard but on the average make half as much from a company that makes huge profits as well. Even when the economy was in a freefall express still turned a good profit. My problem lies with some who " got theirs" but feel we should be happy with what we get. And if ups can afford to pay you guys the way they do and still turn a huge profit then their is no reason FedEx can't do the same.
no you don'tdon't

MAKAVELI

I got no problem with what you guys make. You earn every dollar. We on the other hand work just as hard but on the average make half as much from a company that makes huge profits as well. Even when the economy was in a freefall express still turned a good profit. My problem lies with some who " got theirs" but feel we should be happy with what we get. And if ups can afford to pay you guys the way they do and still turn a huge profit then their is no reason FedEx can't do the same.
no you don'tdon't

Yes I do.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

Wait a minute...why would those mentioned above even fill out an app to work at Express? Let alone show up.

Aren't they already receiving boatloads of "free stuff" courtesy of Obama?