Terminated for DOT violation (working over 14 hrs)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here most only take their 10 min paid break so they can get paid the full 14. Yes it's because of the 10 hour off rule though.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Now I'm confused, according to this rule we can't get paid for more than 13.49 hours, assuming you get a 30 minute lunch. Are they enforcing this due to drivers needing the 10 hour rest period and not wanting to have to send people home, or is this a real DOT issue?

You CAN work over 14 hours once a week. Up to 16 hours. Minus meal, that's a 15.50 paid day. You just can't drive more than 11 hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Now I'm confused, according to this rule we can't get paid for more than 13.49 hours, assuming you get a 30 minute lunch. Are they enforcing this due to drivers needing the 10 hour rest period and not wanting to have to send people home, or is this a real DOT issue?

You CAN work over 14 hours once a week. Up to 16 hours. Minus meal, that's a 15.50 paid day. You just can't drive more than 11 hours.

That's only per DOT. I'm sure feeders is different but go over 14 hours in package car and your looking at a warning letter or suspension or even fired.