Termination inquiry

arice11

Ah yes I'm sure this brings happiness to many on this site who've trolled and mocked me over the years
I am finished with UPS. After a month of having a different SUP every week, this joint custody issue between unload, load, sort split is over.
Since all the empty head narcissist and nihilistic Union reps are disinterested and managment only scamper like rats to make their numbers I had to say farewell.
The termination of 3 hr work days and getting up at 2am couldn't be more welcomed.
Employees are still working hours before start time and only change when auditors are present in the building.
Alright so enough talk, I'm ready to walk...
My question is
With 52 hrs of sick and option days and 20 hours of vacation left (as noted in my paycheck)
Will any of that money ever be cut out to me?
I know the slime ball nature of managment and the pay lady obligated them not to help me at all
However if there is a way through the Union to reclaim those hours before I'm swept under the proverbial rug, I'd like to hear from someone who has info.
Bring on the anecdotes and horror stories.
As of now, I am awaiting the official termination document.
What evil little schemes will managment try to pull to see that nothing is done to settle this.
Five years at UPS has taught me the grimy unhelpful and bland indifference of its employees, should I expect them to put up a fight or just brush me off like a loose hair on that feecsee colored uniform?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Ah yes I'm sure this brings happiness to many on this site who've trolled and mocked me over the years
I am finished with UPS. After a month of having a different SUP every week, this joint custody issue between unload, load, sort split is over.
Since all the empty head narcissist and nihilistic Union reps are disinterested and managment only scamper like rats to make their numbers I had to say farewell.
The termination of 3 hr work days and getting up at 2am couldn't be more welcomed.
Employees are still working hours before start time and only change when auditors are present in the building.
Alright so enough talk, I'm ready to walk...
My question is
With 52 hrs of sick and option days and 20 hours of vacation left (as noted in my paycheck)
Will any of that money ever be cut out to me?
I know the slime ball nature of managment and the pay lady obligated them not to help me at all
However if there is a way through the Union to reclaim those hours before I'm swept under the proverbial rug, I'd like to hear from someone who has info.
Bring on the anecdotes and horror stories.
As of now, I am awaiting the official termination document.
What evil little schemes will managment try to pull to see that nothing is done to settle this.
Five years at UPS has taught me the grimy unhelpful and bland indifference of its employees, should I expect them to put up a fight or just brush me off like a loose hair on that feecsee colored uniform?

Unused entitlement hours (sick/personal/vacation) are paid upon separation.

If you want to leave, why are you "waiting for a termination"? Why not walk in and tell them you want to resign, effective immediately, for personal reasons? If you don't want to go back, then send a resignation letter via certified mail.

Not only is it better for you (it's a lot better to tell your next employer that you resigned and/or voluntarily separated than to tell them you were fired for job abandonment) but you'll get your unused entitlement pay much faster as you'll already be cleared from the system.

My local automatically grieves all terminations/progressive discipline on behalf of the employee; this would potentially "hold up" entitlement payments for an employee that quit for months until the grievance procedure is finished.

arice11

Unused entitlement hours (sick/personal/vacation) are paid upon separation.

If you want to leave, why are you "waiting for a termination"? Why not walk in and tell them you want to resign, effective immediately, for personal reasons? If you don't want to go back, then send a resignation letter via certified mail.

Not only is it better for you (it's a lot better to tell your next employer that you resigned and/or voluntarily separated than to tell them you were fired for job abandonment) but you'll get your unused entitlement pay much faster as you'll already be cleared from the system.

My local automatically grieves all terminations/progressive discipline on behalf of the employee; this would potentially "hold up" entitlement payments for an employee that quit for months until the grievance procedure is finished.

I'm glad someone is helpful.
Y'all aren't all bitter trolls after all

arice11

Everywhere I look online for a number or decent procedure to resign leads me back to this website which doesn't have specific numbers or addressees.
I really don't want to ask people in the building cause they are never helpful and always have worst attitude.
Like directing one employee to a phone number just ruined their day.
This is why I'm done with the brown

km3

Everywhere I look online for a number or decent procedure to resign leads me back to this website which doesn't have specific numbers or addressees.
I really don't want to ask people in the building cause they are never helpful and always have worst attitude.

Write a letter saying you're resigning, or just tell your supervisor like my co-worker did this morning.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, I am sure it has nothing to do with YOU. :P