Thank you Fred S and Brovo Zulu to you

whenIgetthere

It could happen, but why worry. When I was hired a question was asked at my interview, " CAN YOU HANDLE CHANGE?" Because this company will CHANGE by the minute. Some of my coworkers throughout my career have panicked with change. For instance, when Zap mail went away, they freaked out, "now what are we going to do" and when SOS and Saturday Service was launched, "There is no way we can do this" and when trackers came out, "They are trying to get rid of us, we cant use this" and the list keeps going. DRA is now launched in certain markets. The only problem I have is reading the maps, lol... Bottom line, I do think some changes will be happening but my question to you is, Are you ready for Change and can you handle Change?

To answer your question, I can handle change, not a problem for me. If anything happens to my job, I'll get by. I see people in my station who will have a very hard time accepting this change. This change is going to devistate a lot of people who turned a blind eye to the gradual changes, and a lot who have seen it coming. Some have trusted Fred so deeply, they don't believe he would ever screw anyone. I, and others in the station, can't get it through to them, so I don't even bother trying to remove their purple sunglasses anymore.

Goldilocks

To answer your question, I can handle change, not a problem for me. If anything happens to my job, I'll get by. I see people in my station who will have a very hard time accepting this change. This change is going to devistate a lot of people who turned a blind eye to the gradual changes, and a lot who have seen it coming. Some have trusted Fred so deeply, they don't believe he would ever screw anyone. I, and others in the station, can't get it through to them, so I don't even bother trying to remove their purple sunglasses anymore.

Glad you are ready for more change!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It could happen, but why worry. When I was hired a question was asked at my interview, " CAN YOU HANDLE CHANGE?" Because this company will CHANGE by the minute. Some of my coworkers throughout my career have panicked with change. For instance, when Zap mail went away, they freaked out, "now what are we going to do" and when SOS and Saturday Service was launched, "There is no way we can do this" and when trackers came out, "They are trying to get rid of us, we cant use this" and the list keeps going. DRA is now launched in certain markets. The only problem I have is reading the maps, lol... Bottom line, I do think some changes will be happening but my question to you is, Are you ready for Change and can you handle Change?

It's hard to believe you are serious, but I'll play along and assume you've just consumed a gallon of purple Kool-Aid. First, your interview was almost 30 years ago. Federal Express and FedEx are two very different animals, somewhat akin to comparing a sleek race horse with a burro. Federal Express and everything it represented is GONE...sorry. You need to realize this. All that was progressive and different about Federal Express has been replaced with a lean, mean, profit machine...FedEx.

This is more than just "some changes happening". It is a total restructuring of the Express system, where XS and E2 will be shifted over to Ground and Express will be gutted like a fish on the cleaning table. That means huge split shifts for full-timers willing to accept "change" (another screwing), or switching over to PT in order to meet the needs of the company. In other words, be ready for a major hit to your wallet, because you and your fellow employees are going to be the major means of financing Fred's new 10% profit initiative.

Blind obedience as exhibited by yourself (and others) is troubling, because it is completely obvious even to industry outsiders what Fred is about to do. It almost borders on religion, where you "worship" a corporate leader who you think is going to do right by you no matter what because he "cares" and "will do the right thing". How many times does Mr Smith have to demonstrate that he does not have your best interests at-heart before you figure this out? FedEx has relentlessly taken away everything they could from employees and kept wages and raises low through various schemes and games that I have explained ad nauseum for several years. Smith has been working at this for years, buying-off politicians as he rose in power and influence within the GOP. Did you know that Fred is a GOP "Pioneer" who is one of the top fund raisers for the Right Wing? He has purchased the means to control his workforce and prevent any sort of backlash (union) against takeaways. There is little to nothing we can do about what is going to happen in October. As Ricochet1a says, you can quit or bend over once again. That's about it.

Here's the bottom line. They are trying to get rid of you, and if they can't, your hours are going to be slashed. Can you handle that kind of change, and do you want to just accept it passively with a smile on your face? Fred S could care less about you or anyone else who can't help him make more money. Read some of my posts about who this man really is, and how his personal ethics (or lack thereof) directly mirror his business ethics. Fred wants us to be like Wal-Mart, where low wage employees work their butts off for very little in return. His Republican brain sees life through a lens in which labor is a cost, not an asset, and we are all disposable...including you.

I really hope you pull your head out of the sand and see this for what it is...another massive takeaway. Maybe you're just posting to pull my chain, because it's really hard to believe that anyone can be so utterly blind to what's going on. But if you're serious, you and your employee husband need to educate yourselves as to what is really happening, because your fairy tale world is about to be turned upside-down. Fred is a fraud.

snackdad

Goldilocks you act as if the courier was liked by management. The couriers are to blame for everything by management and CSA's. If you think there is any loyalty at all to you by management then you are delusional. You are as good as your last delivery and completely disposable any time for any reason. If you feel protected than maybe you are one of those suck up people that are so afraid of management and losing your precious job that you will bend over backwards to keep them happy. You know the type, the ones who bring in the cookies and presents at Christmas time, keep a cheery face while usually not pulling their weight. Cutesy pins and buttons on their uniform and ooooh enjoy the FedEx duffle bag and other crap gifts at anniversaries. Do you still wear your epaulettes?
It is us versus them, always has been. It is how management wants you to feel. Maybe at station LALA things are good for you, but just wait. We have always been treated like children and never respected by management. Get in line kids, wait for your time card, wait for your equipment, sign here, acknowledge this, slap on the hands, please show some support for the company at the potluck on your day off.

Goldilocks

Goldilocks you act as if the courier was liked by management. The couriers are to blame for everything by management and CSA's. If you think there is any loyalty at all to you by management then you are delusional. You are as good as your last delivery and completely disposable any time for any reason. If you feel protected than maybe you are one of those suck up people that are so afraid of management and losing your precious job that you will bend over backwards to keep them happy. You know the type, the ones who bring in the cookies and presents at Christmas time, keep a cheery face while usually not pulling their weight. Cutesy pins and buttons on their uniform and ooooh enjoy the FedEx duffle bag and other crap gifts at anniversaries. Do you still wear your epaulettes?
It is us versus them, always has been. It is how management wants you to feel. Maybe at station LALA things are good for you, but just wait. We have always been treated like children and never respected by management. Get in line kids, wait for your time card, wait for your equipment, sign here, acknowledge this, slap on the hands, please show some support for the company at the potluck on your day off.

You can thank the Lawsuits. Most every CHANGE was brought about because of the many lawsuits. I believe in using the Chain of Command, Open Door or GFT. It works. Also I do believe that everyone controls their own happiness and destiny in life. What I have stated is not a joke, I am truly grateful for being employed for so many years. The micromanaging IS getting out of control for both the employee and managers. Its killing the moral and can only hope this will change soon. There is hope in the horizons for the middle ranged employees, most of the 70-80 employees will be retiring soon, so you will be bumped up with seniority and with more jobs available to bid on..

vantexan

You can thank the Lawsuits. Most every CHANGE was brought about because of the many lawsuits. I believe in using the Chain of Command, Open Door or GFT. It works. Also I do believe that everyone controls their own happiness and destiny in life. What I have stated is not a joke, I am truly grateful for being employed for so many years. The micromanaging IS getting out of control for both the employee and managers. Its killing the moral and can only hope this will change soon. There is hope in the horizons for the middle ranged employees, most of the 70-80 employees will be retiring soon, so you will be bumped up with seniority and with more jobs available to bid on..

Hope for what? 35-37 hrs a week? Long splits to get that with no split or second shift pay? 3% raises? Less hours also means less money in the already weak Portable Pension Plan. And difficulty contributing into the 401k to get the match. The future's so bright, I think I need shades as the song says. And the lawsuits wouldn't have brought change if they weren't valid. Why DOES this company get sued so much?

bbsam

Staff member
Hope for what? 35-37 hrs a week? Long splits to get that with no split or second shift pay? 3% raises? Less hours also means less money in the already weak Portable Pension Plan. And difficulty contributing into the 401k to get the match. The future's so bright, I think I need shades as the song says. And the lawsuits wouldn't have brought change if they weren't valid. Why DOES this company get sued so much?
Companies get sued because there is money in it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yep, the future is so "bright" you don't need shades at all. Your rhetorical question is an excellent one, and the answer should be obvious, even to the Kool-Aid crowd....because they perform illegal acts. FedEx has always skirted the edges of legality in the never-ending push for higher productivity.

Today, I watched several people come into work 15-20 minutes ahead of their scheduled start time, sort their trucks, and then head to the gatekeeper for punch-in. That's free labor, management knows that they are doing it, yet nobody says anything because it benefits FedEx. There is never reciprocity, because try showing up 15-20 minutes late and see what happens. OMG!!! You are late and have adversely impacted operations!!! OLCC!!, OLCC!!!, Memphis is burning!!!, You'll have lates!!! OMFG!!! The new PAST system ensures that you will get an OLCC to "remind" you not to eventually get a letter. More BS.

Apparently, being a Wal-Mart Express employee suits Goldilocks just fine. And if you want to stick your tinfoil-covered head in the sand and pretend everything is OK, well, you deserve exactly what you're going to get. Simply amazing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Screw [B said:
Fedex;991366[/B]]I genuinely despise the clowns who consistently show up to work 15 to 20 minutes early to get a jumpstart on their day, as well as the cover drivers (I'm an RTD) who do your run while you're on vacation, and by cutting corners and exceeding speed limits show up at their destinations 10 minutes earlier than normal and make the regulars look like slackers and underperformers. The company loves 'em though, so that's all that matters

Me too, and this probably should be another lawsuit, because FedEx knowingly encourages employees to work off-the-clock, and then looks the other way when they see it happening. I find the Purple butt-kissers you describe equally reprehensible. It's ironic, but they are only hurting themselves working for free, shorting lunches etc. because management will soon start to expect that kind of behavior all the time. It totally sucks to come back from vacation only to find out that one of these weasels has made you look bad for precisely the reasons you describe...coming in early off the clock, not taking a lunch OR taking it on your way in (another management favorite), or driving like a madman just so they can impress management. In the long run, they are only setting themselves up for when they actually figure it out and do it right. Then, they will be accused of "underperforming", "slacking", or otherwise not making goal.

This happens in every station. Why? Because those that do it receive more hours or some other form of preferental treatment, and it absolutely should be stopped. I'd start taking some undercover video, and keep it for future insurance purposes. It's especially helpful if you can get the employee and the manager in the same shot because the manager knows what's going on and should be preventing it.

Lawsuit$$$$

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I genuinely despise the clowns who consistently show up to work 15 to 20 minutes early to get a jumpstart on their day, as well as the cover drivers (I'm an RTD) who do your run while you're on vacation, and by cutting corners and exceeding speed limits show up at their destinations 10 minutes earlier than normal and make the regulars look like slackers and underperformers. The company loves 'em though, so that's all that matters

I bet you really hate the swings who go by the book and still make 110%... on a checkride, no less! The main reason some couriers are made to look like slackerss is because they are slackers.

Guapo

Sounds bad out there...gotta be honest though with this issue the other day my manager was yelling at drivers pre-tripping prior to clock in to "get out of your trucks now!!" Probably cause of lawsuit issues. The larger problem IMHO is couriers releasing pkgs on break and typing info later, driving on break, coding ISR and DSR miles away from stops,and other BLATANT FALSIFICATION etc. AND FOR WHAT??? Please mgmt with their numbers...I guess:nono2:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sounds bad out there...gotta be honest though with this issue the other day my manager was yelling at drivers pre-tripping prior to clock in to "get out of your trucks now!!" Probably cause of lawsuit issues. The larger problem IMHO is couriers releasing pkgs on break and typing info later, driving on break, coding ISR and DSR miles away from stops,and other BLATANT FALSIFICATION etc. AND FOR WHAT??? Please mgmt with their numbers...I guess:nono2:

I can see driving on break (it's legal, nothing is wrong with it), but a courier who releases pkgs on break is a fool. Maybe in my life I've met up with a customer that I know for a DSR del (and maybe I haven't), but that's as far as I'd ever pushing the rules and only if it would look good on a iib23.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I bet you really hate the swings who go by the book and still make 110%... on a checkride, no less! The main reason some couriers are made to look like slackerss is because they are slackers.

Maybe you and Goldilocks should get together. You're made for each other. When some suck-ass comes in 20 mins early, shorts their lunch delivering pkgs, and them "beats" the regular courier, you don't see a problem? Get a clue. Mayve the two of you can get together and compare Gap reports and see if you can get management to beat offenders with a rubber hose. Jeez...

Guapo

I can see driving on break (it's legal, nothing is wrong with it), but a courier who releases pkgs on break is a fool. Maybe in my life I've met up with a customer that I know for a DSR del (and maybe I haven't), but that's as far as I'd ever pushing the rules and only if it would look good on a iib23.

Yeah you can only dodge so many bullets, some people just so bent on blowing numbers away they risk their job.

whenIgetthere

When I was a swing, I covered a route one day where a lawyer was out during P1 cycle, so I DEX08 the stop. Same when I went back later during P2 cycle. Next day, regular courier tells me I should have signed her name and slid it under the door, he does it all the time. I don't think so! That's just plain nuts!

DontThrowPackages

Happens in air as well. During Peak, every year, I see drivers knock out over 300 stops in one day. Granted they're not on a PUP RTE but I've heard of "forge, drop and go" happening. Funny to see these guys come back at the end of the day with not one code 8 LOL. And manager never asks any of these couriers to speak to us explaining how we can implement their "Best Practices" because management knows these couriers are falsifying but the numbers are great and until a customer calls in asking for a package they never signed for, they keep the heads turned and eyes closed.

Goldilocks

Never falsified either. The Gap report tells all. It can actually tell where you scan the package. I know people who do this all the time and they are playing with fire.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was a swing, I covered a route one day where a lawyer was out during P1 cycle, so I DEX08 the stop. Same when I went back later during P2 cycle. Next day, regular courier tells me I should have signed her name and slid it under the door, he does it all the time. I don't think so! That's just plain nuts!

I have to agree with the regular courier, although I don't blame you for being hesitant about doing it. If I am able to slide the letter under the door I do it.

The other day I had a signature required from the Department of Health--I think it was a birth certificate. The consignee left me a note asking me to put the package on the stairs, take down the note and lock the door behind me, which I did, signing my name and putting "per consignee note" in the remarks column. The consignee was happy and I had one less send again.

franknitty

Never falsified either. The Gap report tells all. It can actually tell where you scan the package. I know people who do this all the time and they are playing with fire.

Does the Gap report tells all when there is construction and you're stuck in traffic ? How about at a train track when you're waiting for the train process on ? Does the Gap report tell when you when a customer schedules a pickup for 1 package at 1 pound, and the courier arrives at the customer location only to find out the customer has additional packages they need to ship out, and the customer asks the driver to wait ? I've been running over 100% and my manager continues harass me on Gap reports ? Lady please !