Thank you Fred S and Brovo Zulu to you

franknitty

I bet you really hate the swings who go by the book and still make 110%... on a checkride, no less! The main reason some couriers are made to look like slackerss is because they are slackers.

Some of the swings that run my route ARE NOT running 110%, or 100% for that matter. They speed, they falsify, they work on their breaks, and they constantly leave some of my customers packages behind trying to show me up on my route ! The customers complain every time I come back to work, so as much as you like the believe most of these swing drivers are angels, my friend YOU ARE DEAD WRONG !

Goldilocks

Does the Gap report tells all when there is construction and you're stuck in traffic ? How about at a train track when you're waiting for the train process on ? Does the Gap report tell when you when a customer schedules a pickup for 1 package at 1 pound, and the courier arrives at the customer location only to find out the customer has additional packages they need to ship out, and the customer asks the driver to wait ? I've been running over 100% and my manager continues harass me on Gap reports ? Lady please !

You are taking my statement wrong. What I was meaning to say was that the Gap report can show if you scan a package and you are NOT in the area..

whenIgetthere

I have to agree with the regular courier, although I don't blame you for being hesitant about doing it. If I am able to slide the letter under the door I do it.

The other day I had a signature required from the Department of Health--I think it was a birth certificate. The consignee left me a note asking me to put the package on the stairs, take down the note and lock the door behind me, which I did, signing my name and putting "per consignee note" in the remarks column. The consignee was happy and I had one less send again.

I agree with you, if the customer had left a note, I would have left the package as a Release, Note or Door Tag on the powerpad, and stapled the note to my signature release record. This customer did not leave a note, and didn't have a recipient release, so I think the courier is playing with fire. if something happens to that package, the lawyer can just say "That's not my signature."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Some of the swings that run my route ARE NOT running 110%, or 100% for that matter. They speed, they falsify, they work on their breaks, and they constantly leave some of my customers packages behind trying to show me up on my route ! The customers complain every time I come back to work, so as much as you like the believe most of these swing drivers are angels, my friend YOU ARE DEAD WRONG !
Ignoring reality is his strongest quality. Drink a gallon of grape Fool-Aid and wear your purple Ray-Bans and it
will all make sense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you, if the customer had left a note, I would have left the package as a Release, Note or Door Tag on the powerpad, and stapled the note to my signature release record. This customer did not leave a note, and didn't have a recipient release, so I think the courier is playing with fire. if something happens to that package, the lawyer can just say "That's not my signature."

I would never sign for a customer, especially a lawyer---I would sign my own name and type "slid under door" in the remarks column.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Maybe you and Goldilocks should get together. You're made for each other. When some suck-ass comes in 20 mins early, shorts their lunch delivering pkgs, and them "beats" the regular courier, you don't see a problem?

I never advocated anyone doing that, did I? I don't advocate it, and I never would.

Maybe they do that to make up for your intentional service failures and intentional lost productivity.

59 Dano

When I was a swing, I covered a route one day where a lawyer was out during P1 cycle, so I DEX08 the stop. Same when I went back later during P2 cycle. Next day, regular courier tells me I should have signed her name and slid it under the door, he does it all the time. I don't think so! That's just plain nuts!

Customers will tell couriers that it's fine to do that, too. All is well until that one day when you sign "Bob White" and leave the pkg outside. The pkg gets stolen and Bob's boss is raising hell with Bob wanting to know how he lost the package and Bob says that he didn't sign for it. Bob and the courier may be pretty good friends, but Bob isn't going to lose his job for a courier. Better yet, courier signs Bob's name, something happens to the pkg, courier says "I gave it to Bob and he signed," and it turns out that Bob wasn't working that day.

Oops.

59 Dano

I said that some swings outperform the regular couriers, and some do it on checkrides.

Where did you come up with the rest of that stuff that I never said?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never advocated anyone doing that, did I? I don't advocate it, and I never would.

Maybe they do that to make up for your intentional service failures and intentional lost productivity.

I always make my numbers and then some. For years, I was one of the "go to" couriers, always there to fix problems when someone else couldn't handle the job. Finally, I got tired of doing a lot of extra work for no additional pay. It simply isn't worth it.

59 Dano

I always make my numbers and then some. For years, I was one of the "go to" couriers, always there to fix problems when someone else couldn't handle the job. Finally, I got tired of doing a lot of extra work for no additional pay. It simply isn't worth it.

Get over yourself, dude. Anyone who gets on a message board and brags and brags and brags about himself is absolutely full of it.

vantexan

Get over yourself, dude. Anyone who gets on a message board and brags and brags and brags about himself is absolutely full of it.

He said he was one of the go to couriers, not THE go to courier. I've transferred more than most, and in every station there is a core of professionals who take the job seriously and attempt to do everything within their power to get the job done. These are the ones mgrs turn to over and over. Unfortunately there are less of them these days. Either retired, quit, or finally threw their hands up in disgust as the company dumbed down the job and suits like you denigrate it. The company HAS to go to Dynamic ROADS to take newbies by the hand. They don't want to pay for professionals, and professionals don't want to work for peanuts.

bbsam

Staff member
He said he was one of the go to couriers, not THE go to courier. I've transferred more than most, and in every station there is a core of professionals who take the job seriously and attempt to do everything within their power to get the job done. These are the ones mgrs turn to over and over. Unfortunately there are less of them these days. Either retired, quit, or finally threw their hands up in disgust as the company dumbed down the job and suits like you denigrate it. The company HAS to go to Dynamic ROADS to take newbies by the hand. They don't want to pay for professionals, and professionals don't want to work for peanuts.
At Ground they are called ISP/Contractors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company did not have to go to Dynamic ROADS, much the same as UPS did not have to go to PAS/EDD. Both systems were implemented to increase productivity and alllow new hires to get up to speed more quickly.

Niether ROADS nor PAS/EDD will ever replace area knowledge.

vantexan

The company did not have to go to Dynamic ROADS, much the same as UPS did not have to go to PAS/EDD. Both systems were implemented to increase productivity and alllow new hires to get up to speed more quickly.

Niether ROADS nor PAS/EDD will ever replace area knowledge.

Considering some of our newhires they'd be better off with a manifest to follow. Besides that ROADS is all about bringing in replacements quickly if we ever organize a union and strike. Notice they want to get it implemented before telling couriers they're about to lose $10k-15k a year.

franknitty

Nothing on that page says you can't drive on your break.

Management has told us on numerous occasions couriers should NOT delivery and/or pickup packages while in a break code. Its falsification. Some couriers at our station got themselves in trouble for driving back to the station from their last stop while in a break code.