THAT Baptist Church

wkmac

Westboro church is a cult IMO...........

So what is a cult?

The word cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre. The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices. The narrower, derogatory sense of the word is a product of the 20th century, especially since the 1980s, and is considered subjective. It is also a result of the anti-cult movement which uses the word in reference to groups seen as authoritarian, exploitative and that are believed to use dangerous rituals or mind control. The word implies a group which is a minority in a given society.

So "any group that uses authoritarianism, exploitation eg regulatory domination and social control for a higher order end, and are believed to use dangerous rituals eg anthems, oaths and alligence pledges, or mind control eg propaganda and established experts.

I love it when one cultist calls another cultist, a cultist!

:rofl:

even if it is true!
:wink2:

wkmac

According to many Christian scholars, Mormonism is a cult. Does that mean that Glenn Beck is the member of a cult? Why yes, it does. (At least per many Christian scholars).

Yeah and I bet all those so-called scholars work for the competition in religion so wouldn't that be like asking certain experts at UPS to offer an opinion on FedEx or visa versa? Surely those UPSers would be openly honest with no chance of bias whatsoever.

Many of those scholars also use a critieria that if you went back about 1800 years, christianity itself would be a cult so 2 things I never put much stock in from so-called "religious scholars". 1) What they say about competitive dogma and doctrines and 2) in the overall sense, what they have to say about god and what god is generally speaking on or about eg revealed religions.

When it comes to the creative and maintaining forces of the universe, whether it be religion or science (both are really trying to do the same thing) neither one beyond theories, most unprovable, have yet to make the right answers IMO. Both require faith because at the end of the day they have no empirical evidence. One's never actually seen a black hole up close to say what would happen there and the other's never seen Sodom and Gomorrah much less how or why it "might" have been destroyed. Both require faith in order to advance their cause!

Even atheists can't prove their claim with empirical evidence at the end of the day because how can you prove something "doesn't" exist?

Air doesn't exist because I has a glass completely empty of it. :happy-very:
images

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Absolutely! I'd agree very much with that observation just as there is a management cult as well.

I'm fairly familiar with some tenets of the Mormon Church. I'm guessing that most of you are familiar with the magic undergarments, but did you know that if you do enough good works on Earth, that someday you'll ruke your own planet? Also interesting are arranged marriages, mandatory missions for males, and spreading the gospel via Schwinn.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They also baptize the dead......no permission needed from the non-Mormon family either.. My friend, whose grandson is getting married in the Temple this month , can't even attend the service because she's not a Mormon....she can only go to the after-celebrations. You have to be a member in good standing to enter the Temple. No sex before marriage....tithing your 10% to the church....Couples married in the Temple are sealed for life and time eternal. So, if your spouse & you divorce......and you all re-marry.....when you die you will be with your first spouse eternally because you were sealed. Now if that don't bite the big one, I don't know what does. They also have that year's worth of food storage. They also have their own "welfare" thingy. If you are down & out, you can get food from their food bank but must work in the food bank as a repayment when you can. You give testament too...you stand up in the congregation and confess what you may have done wrong. No booze, no coffee.....however Postum is like their national drink!!

wkmac

I'm fairly familiar with some tenets of the Mormon Church. I'm guessing that most of you are familiar with the magic undergarments, but did you know that if you do enough good works on Earth, that someday you'll ruke your own planet? Also interesting are arranged marriages, mandatory missions for males, and spreading the gospel via Schwinn.

I know you meant to say rule or at least based on what I'm about to post, I hope like hell that's what you meant. When I saw ruke, I thought this might be fun so for schitts and giggles I googled the term and found if definded in an urban dictionary. Just read the definitions and enjoy the laugh of it all.

*Warning* The link is adult language and may offend so you've been warned.

As for magic undergarments, I can honestly say I've never looked up the dress of a Mormon girl but if you think there's magic there, I'll take your word on it.

:happy-very:

wkmac

They also baptize the dead......

I'd bet they never hear one word of objection either, like it even matters! Besides baptism is nothing more than the jewish mikveh tradition called by another name so christians won't be seen as having stolen another practice from judaism.

A real jew would get a good lawyer (jewish of course) and sue for copyright and trademark violation. Should name St. Peter in the lawsuit and get some of that bigtime Catholic money. Some of the protestants get a pass since they kiss Israel ass bigtime anyway. You know, god's chosen nonsense and seat of god's kingdom on earth!

Seriously, out of all the places on this planet of wonder and beauty, if I'm god I'm seriously thinking South Pacific, god would choose a worthless piece of desert that a bunch of idiots who aren't smart enough to move for the better neighborhoods, fight and kill one another over a piece of :censored2: land. Bora Bora I'd understand but that hellhole, are you friend'ing kidding me?

Since jews claim to be god's chosen people, why aren't they charged with jewish supremacy?
:surprised::wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know you meant to say rule or at least based on what I'm about to post, I hope like hell that's what you meant. When I saw ruke, I thought this might be fun so for schitts and giggles I googled the term and found if definded in an urban dictionary. Just read the definitions and enjoy the laugh of it all.

*Warning* The link is adult language and may offend so you've been warned.

As for magic undergarments, I can honestly say I've never looked up the dress of a Mormon girl but if you think there's magic there, I'll take your word on it.

Yes, that was a typo. I meant to say "rule". The magic undergarments protect you from harm and are available to you if you can prove you are LDS. There are interviews with some famous Mormons who claim that the underwear stops bullets, keeps Satan away etc. They take the sex before marriage deal very seriously, as evidenced by the center of the BYU basketball team being suspended for the year for boinking his girlfriend.

On the Postum as beverage of choice, please Google another cult religion, the Seventh Day Adventists, who also eschew caffeine, jewelry, dancing, and all of the usual no's. I do believe that Loma Linda, CA (home of the SDA) is the only city in the US that has regular Sunday mail delivery instead of Saturday. Postum is quite popular, as are vegetarian dishes made from nuts or wheat gluten.

I've never experienced a Mormon girl before, but there could be some major magic there if you can get around the underwear.

wkmac

I'm fairly familiar with some tenets of the Mormon Church. I'm guessing that most of you are familiar with the magic undergarments,

Speaking of that magic underwear, you sure the mormons didn't lift that idea off the Catholics and their scapular? What about the Cilice worn by members of Opus Dei?

Magic garments may be more popular than just with Mormons.

BTW: In your case I'm detecting a little bit of anti-Mormonism in your posts. I'm not anti-Mormon, I pretty much hate all self proclaimed revealed religions!

wkmac

Yes, that was a typo. I meant to say "rule". The magic undergarments protect you from harm and are available to you if you can prove you are LDS. There are interviews with some famous Mormons who claim that the underwear stops bullets, keeps Satan away etc. They take the sex before marriage deal very seriously, as evidenced by the center of the BYU basketball team being suspended for the year for boinking his girlfriend.

On the Postum as beverage of choice, please Google another cult religion, the Seventh Day Adventists, who also eschew caffeine, jewelry, dancing, and all of the usual no's. I do believe that Loma Linda, CA (home of the SDA) is the only city in the US that has regular Sunday mail delivery instead of Saturday. Postum is quite popular, as are vegetarian dishes made from nuts or wheat gluten.

I've never experienced a Mormon girl before, but there could be some major magic there if you can get around the underwear.

Back in the 70's I could easily prove I was LSD so does that still count? I've found the best thing to keep Satan away is learn the hebrew and greek, then the history of such beliefs and then once you don't believe that nonsense anymore, Satan never bothers you at all. I was even completely amazed how vastly less tempted I was to do bad things which to be perfectly honest told me alot from a psychological point why certain religions make so much of Satan and in fact need him around.

:winks:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Speaking of that magic underwear, you sure the mormons didn't lift that idea off the Catholics and their scapular? What about the Cilice worn by members of Opus Dei?

Magic garments may be more popular than just with Mormons.

BTW: In your case I'm detecting a little bit of anti-Mormonism in your posts. I'm not anti-Mormon, I pretty much hate all self proclaimed revealed religions!
Not anti-Mormon, but anti-religion in general. I'm agnostic, but open to convincing arguments.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is like a scapular I got at my First Communion. It's not an article of clothing it's like an I.D. tag one hangs in front and one in back......more like a necklace type thing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Back in the 70's I could easily prove I was LSD so does that still count? I've found the best thing to keep Satan away is learn the hebrew and greek, then the history of such beliefs and then once you don't believe that nonsense anymore, Satan never bothers you at all. I was even completely amazed how vastly less tempted I was to do bad things which to be perfectly honest told me alot from a psychological point why certain religions make so much of Satan and in fact need him around.

:winks:

That's LDS, not LSD !!