The anti-woke movement

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You object to letting the Bible speak in its own defense. You reject the Bible as being God's inspired word.
I use the scriptures to show just the opposite, as proof the Bible's claim that it is inspired.Unlike you, I claim no more for the Bible than it claims for itself.
The evidence of the Bible's claim for itself is overwhelming. Thousands of times the writers would begin, "Thus saith the Lord . . or the word of the Lord came to me, saying. These statements are either the truth or a lie.
Men either received and delivered a word from God or they didn't.The Bible affirms that God was speaking through these men. You reject the proof. I don't.
I think it's interesting to notice how the New Testament authors refer to the Old Testament to understand Jesus' and other writers' concept about the Scripture.
We have nothing in common. From past efforts, it's obvious you have no interest in learning, so I won't waste my time with more proofs, but there can be no doubt the Bible is the revelation from God and only revelation from God. A quick scan of the NT shows no doubt that the first century church accepted the Old Testament as a direct revelation from God and the apostles doctrine as being a revelation on the same level with the Old Testament.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You object to letting the Bible speak in its own defense. You reject the Bible as being God's inspired word.
I use the scriptures to show just the opposite, as proof the Bible's claim that it is inspired.Unlike you, I claim no more for the Bible than it claims for itself.
The evidence of the Bible's claim for itself is overwhelming. Thousands of times the writers would begin, "Thus saith the Lord . . or the word of the Lord came to me, saying. These statements are either the truth or a lie.
Men either received and delivered a word from God or they didn't.The Bible affirms that God was speaking through these men. You reject the proof. I don't.
I think it's interesting to notice how the New Testament authors refer to the Old Testament to understand Jesus' and other writers' concept about the Scripture.
We have nothing in common. From past efforts, it's obvious you have no interest in learning, so I won't waste my time with more proofs, but there can be no doubt the Bible is the revelation from God and only revelation from God. A quick scan of the NT shows no doubt that the first century church accepted the Old Testament as a direct revelation from God and the apostles doctrine as being a revelation on the same level with the Old Testament.
Who told you that anything you just posted means or matters for anything?

vantexan

I believe differently.

Who told you to believe what you believe?
I attended Church. I grew up in a family of ministers. We discussed the Bible the way some talk sports. It was ubiquitous in our family. I didn't just take their word on it, I studied it. I've told people here I have questions and doubts, but overall I believe that Christianity is the best thing to ever happen to mankind. And I believe that because of what the Bible tells me. That's the only revelation from God I have received. I pray to God but he doesn't directly speak to me nor does the Holy Spirit. I and all Christians are spoken to through His word as revealed in the Bible. Choosing to reject whatever you disagree with isn't a choice given to you. You are free to accept Jesus or not. Accepting Him means accepting His word. Refusal to do so is rejecting Christ.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I attended Church. I grew up in a family of ministers. We discussed the Bible the way some talk sports. It was ubiquitous in our family. I didn't just take their word on it, I studied it. I've told people here I have questions and doubts, but overall I believe that Christianity is the best thing to ever happen to mankind. And I believe that because of what the Bible tells me. That's the only revelation from God I have received. I pray to God but he doesn't directly speak to me nor does the Holy Spirit. I and all Christians are spoken to through His word as revealed in the Bible. Choosing to reject whatever you disagree with isn't a choice given to you. You are free to accept Jesus or not. Accepting Him means accepting His word. Refusal to do so is rejecting Christ.
Who told you or tells you that anything you just posted means or matters for anything?

vantexan

Who told you or tells you that anything you just posted means or matters for anything?
It's based on the Bible. You claim to base your beliefs on direct communication with the Holy Spirit. I don't have to justify my belief that God speaks to me through the Scripture. The Bible is something tangible. You however have to prove that the Holy Spirit speaks directly to you while not doing so to anyone else I'm aware of. Don't believe you can.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's based on the Bible. You claim to base your beliefs on direct communication with the Holy Spirit. I don't have to justify my belief that God speaks to me through the Scripture. The Bible is something tangible. You however have to prove that the Holy Spirit speaks directly to you while not doing so to anyone else I'm aware of. Don't believe you can.
Who told you that you don't have to justify your belief that God speaks to you through the Scripture?

I don’t have to prove anything to anyone.

God is my source.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1708576062491.png