The future supervisor

AndUPSER

So a loader told me he's filing a grievance because the ft sup is being "really mean to me and yelling obnoxiously" when he picks off. Anyway, this guy has passed the test to become a supervisor and is going to bug the crap out of the sort manager this week, even though he is supposedly filing a grievance. He's also sexist and somewhat racist. He hasn't shown it at work but he probably eventually will once he deals with people.

This guy may be the dumbest and obnoxious person I have ever seen and now he's becoming a supervisor. But will they stop him if he files a grievance?

AndUPSER

He also thinks supervisors ate able to file grievances on hourly employees and he plans on filing when he is a supervisor. He is dead serious about it.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. He won't be around long. It's usually the smarter ones who move up and it is very rare that you find someone smart in management.

AndUPSER

I'm not worried about it at all. He's saying he will be the greatest supervisor in the building, and he's dead serious about that, and that the job is going to be so much easier.

I'm really excited to see how this plays out and see how long it takes for crap to hit the fan.

AndUPSER

Sound like he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's not, I've known him way before UPS. I thought UPS would be good for him since he has no skills or education. Now he will probably be a part time supervisor for life, if he doesn't get fired.

Packmule

Be careful here. Guys that gain the most respect rarely make it out of operations. Guys who love to crush hourlies usually make it to Divison Manager fast. It is not till then UPS figures out what a liability they are and they get exiled to North Dakota.

AndUPSER

Be careful here. Guys that gain the most respect rarely make it out of operations. Guys who love to crush hourlies usually make it to Divison Manager fast. It is not till then UPS figures out what a liability they are and they get exiled to North Dakota.

Is it possible to get out of operations without a degree?

barnyard

KTM rider
He's not, I've known him way before UPS. I thought UPS would be good for him since he has no skills or education. Now he will probably be a part time supervisor for life, if he doesn't get fired.

If he is really that dumb, even though UPS is desperate for PT supes, he will not make it through the interview process. If he files a grievance, especially if it is frivolous, it will be held against him.