The Next American Revolution?

wkmac

Ok,I was unaware someone brought this up already,however I did not say "in Fact" just "distinct possibility","thinking Seriously" and "beware America"....

My vision is aware it's unlikely to happen(Wkmac),but eyebrows are being raised,bloodpressures are elevating,heart rates are excelerating not to put it past this particular rogue Administration defecating on the ideology of the majority of the American citizens.

BTW....As I'm writing this were under Martial Law right now..Dick Chaney is in charge....Bush is under the scope getting a colonostopy for 2 hrs..god bless us!

Funny you should mention Cheney as when I heard about this procedure on Bush, I thought of you and your warning. Well here it is Sunday morning and from what I can tell the biggest problem I face today is trying to figure out how I'm gonna cut concrete outside with an electric saw in the rain! I'm sure there a few souls here that hope I do for the shocking experience!
:lol:

Diesel, I agree the concern is valid because as many have pointed out, Hilter was elected by popular vote and we'd be foolish to think we aren't capable of doing something similar if placed in the right situation. And genetically, many of us here at BC and in America come from the same gene pool as the folks who gave Hilter the "keys to the kingdom" so your concern is something that should be pondered in the long term. However, I don't think this batch of idiots...uh sorry, my prejudice of political animals is showing again:wink: , political leaders I should say, don't have the stomach to take that big leep to that level. Also the country is way to divided IMO right now whereas in the post WW1, Treaty of Versailles Germany, the country was fairly united that they were screwed and along came Hilter with an answer they loved. The rest is history as they say.

America has a thin line of true independant voters as most are either democrat or republican for the most part and the big scwabble is over that razor thin margin of voter out there. I think it will take a situation to unite the voting public and then for a chrismatic figure to come on the scene with what appears to be all the answers to capitalize on the situation and then you might see the fangs come to bare but Bush just ain't the one my freind so like Big and his worry over the toy guns, this issue with Bush has the same measure of importance IMO.

Chill some brews, toss a couple of nice steaks on the grill and enjoy the day or you can hold the umbrella for me while I cut concrete!

Overpaid Union Thug

Big and his worry over the toy guns, this issue with Bush has the same measure of importance IMO.

I'm obviously not the one worried about toys guns. I'm not the one trying to ban them. Clearly it is the whacko Democratic senator in NJ that is worried. Just thought I'd clear that up.

wkmac

We have a little wiener dog who loves to chase squirrels and he's even caught & killed a couple. Excellent snake killer too! I always find it funny that no matter where we are or what time of day or night, someone can holler squirrel and this little dog just goes bananas even when there's no need for it or no squirrel is present.

I don't know why I'm sharing this observation other than for some reason I just read something that brought this little barking at nothing dog to mind! Oh Well.

:wink:

Diesel,

Over9five made the following observation.

Diesel96 is ***********.

In fairness to Over, it's really not a stretch at all. Initially I thought the same thing and I think I can speak for Moreluck as well on this. You made several posts that were word for word the type of verbage and word combinations as she would use. I mean it was literally a dead ringer. I never knew you guys had a play book! :lol: Is it like the bible where you quote verses for certain scenarios? OK. OK. I'm kidding to the extreme here. Seriously though, you speak of Big for example throwing around the word liberal at the drop of the hat and ya, I agree he way overuses the word. However, you made one post back at Moreluck on I think immigration and your wordage not only was exact as she would use but it was the same type scenario and it was the same old tired and overused words "so-called" liberals or maybe even "hardcore" democrats would use against conservatives and/or republicans and the words really are a toothless tiger used by people who are ignorant of the issue and have no where else to go to defend or promote their position. Sorry for the harsh words but that's the way I see it and the same goes for Big and his overuse of his favorite Micheal Savage "word of the day!" Problem with Mike, his word of the day is always the same da#n word so you never learn anything new! But the upside is the dictionary is so small. His environmental way of saving trees I guess?
:thumbup1:

However, I've come to believe you are not our favorite girl and here's my reasoning on it if it really matters. (It doesn't but just for fun) Su$i3Dur-rie-ver was like that crazy squirrel dog of mine when it came to me posting anything libertarian and especially any links to LewRockwell.com, the Mises Institute website or anything that smacked of libertarian thought. A lot of times I'd just post any link to an issue even remote just to "make the dog bark" so to speak. Yeah, I'm that pain in the arse kid that comes to visit who just annoys the family pets! :laugh:

Anyway, not long after you made posts that looked like our long lost friend, I posted some links guaranteed to have that dog howling away but not even a peep from you. In fact, you've not endorsed Ron Paul but you have been right on in pointing out similar areas that you might agree and the fact that the repubs are in some sense, keeping him quite. Our "Daily Kos" girl would have never done that. BTW folks: Those who knew SuzyQ might find it of interest in that she posted a lots of links to the "Daily Kos" that one of the regulars over that went by the name first name sloth and last name rop but it was said together all at once. Sorry but my way of getting around the banning police.

If you are SuzyQ, my hats off to ya and whose the doctor that gave you the personality change. I was thinking of submitting the name for a Nobel Peace Prize in Medicine. :lol:

Anyway Diesel, I myself am glad you are here. I doubt we'd agree on a lot of areas but I appreciate the perspective you come from. Unlike Suzy, I've heard of nothing where you've engaged in stalking type activities on other BC like she did and although I really did like Suzy even though we disagreed a lot but when you do stuff like that I support the others who moved to have her banned and I stand by them. And besides, I always appreciate a contrarian voice to a large majority of opinion. The more we have all the facts, the better shot we have of getting it right the first time!

We'll have our disagreements, don't doubt that for a sec but I respect your opinion and appreciate the voice you bring here. Besides, in one person's case you sure know how to holler "SQUIRREL!"

:lol::lol::lol:

diesel96

Mr. wKmac,
It's apparent one of my pet peeves are individuals who make broad gereralizations and catergorizes people on either one side of the political spectrum or the other on a belief of a single issue.If an individual is anti-Iraq,does it make him an anti-war liberal?(even though he states he wants to go after the 9/11 terrorist in a neighboring country)..If an individual is pro-green earth,does that make him a greenpeace loving liberal?(or does he want to leave his kids/grandkids a clean Earth?).Govols019 and myself both gun owners and NRA members both accused of being bleeding heart liberals during the toy gun"are you kidding me"post.A little ironic,don't you think?How about Death penalty advocates?Liberals?
This may tickle your fancy but I was a registered Republican in the Eighties and part of the Nineties,but as I matured and realized that Corperations,big business,Oil,Pharmacueticals,etc..are ruining this country I jumped ship.They may say the Clintons are liberal,but only on social issues,not economic and foreign issues.One who bashes President Bush...some may say unpatriotic and some would say a true patriot by definition,who's to say who's right?I really don't know where I'm going with this ,maybe up a tree like a squirrel dog,but in my case a bird dog.
However,the wordage I used on your buddy Moreluck,which was probably on Enviroment(never posted on immigration)was in my humble opinion was deserved..I can feel SuziQ's fustration(even though I never met her)sometimes I feel I'm the only one with the cojonies to speak out against the far-right faction here.

wkmac

Mr. wKmac,
It's apparent one of my pet peeves are individuals who make broad gereralizations and catergorizes people on either one side of the political spectrum or the other on a belief of a single issue.If an individual is anti-Iraq,does it make him an anti-war liberal?(even though he states he wants to go after the 9/11 terrorist in a neighboring country)..If an individual is pro-green earth,does that make him a greenpeace loving liberal?(or does he want to leave his kids/grandkids a clean Earth?).Govols019 and myself both gun owners and NRA members both accused of being bleeding heart liberals during the toy gun"are you kidding me"post.A little ironic,don't you think?How about Death penalty advocates?Liberals?
This may tickle your fancy but I was a registered Republican in the Eighties and part of the Nineties,but as I matured and realized that Corperations,big business,Oil,Pharmacueticals,etc..are ruining this country I jumped ship.They may say the Clintons are liberal,but only on social issues,not economic and foreign issues.One who bashes President Bush...some may say unpatriotic and some would say a true patriot by definition,who's to say who's right?I really don't know where I'm going with this ,maybe up a tree like a squirrel dog,but in my case a bird dog.
However,the wordage I used on your buddy Moreluck,which was probably on Enviroment(never posted on immigration)was in my humble opinion was deserved..I can feel SuziQ's fustration(even though I never met her)sometimes I feel I'm the only one with the cojonies to speak out against the far-right faction here.

As to your pet peeves of individuals who characterize people one way or the other? I guess you hate the overwhelming vast majority of human kind because that is the nature of man. Doesn't make it right but it's a fact of life. Everyone does it to varying degrees and some do it moreso than others.

As to being the only one with the cojonies to speak out against the far right faction here (are you being judgmental yourself a little here?), I'll let folks like govols and jones know that their presence here is no longer needed and you have things well in hand. Funny, I kinda saw both of them as interjecting some moments of truth seeking in a bombardment of political spin.

Since I've always passionately defended and championed the neo-con movement myself I'll just hang out with my friends like Moreluck and continue the American Empire quest to dominate the world! Funny though, I doubt Moreluck and some of the others would see me that way. Right More?

You know, it's funny that so many think that it's all republicans so to speak are behind the Great American Empire (an yeah, they carry a big share) and they use the backing of the Iraq war to make that case. On the surface, this seems logical and even rational but is it the truth. An interesting article has appeared at an anti war website called Anti-War.com and it examines the current flock of democratic front runners and their so-called demands to leave Iraq. Folks, you really should read this one IMO.

http://www.antiwar.com/engelhardt/?articleid=11333

Maybe Bush is not the only one we should fear because at the least he's honest to a degree about his position whereas this article would seem to suggest we have a batch of president wanna-bes who use the verbal art of subterfuge when dealing with the public. Not all is as it seems as with the other side it's still empire, just better camouflage and less obvious to the casual observer!

diesel96

As to your pet peeves of individuals who characterize people one way or the other? I guess you hate the overwhelming vast majority of human kind because that is the nature of man. Doesn't make it right but it's a fact of life. Everyone does it to varying degrees and some do it moreso than others. Nah...just vehemently disagree towards individuals who spew hatred and promote the divisionary makeup of America.Mainly made up of minority factions of far right fanatics and far left anarchist.Mainstreaming of America is achieveable by providing the mass majority, accurate non-bias,non-influencial outlets,that individuals can educate themselves on.

As to being the only one with the cojonies to speak out against the far right faction here (are you being judgmental yourself a little here?), I'll let folks like govols and jones know that their presence here is no longer needed and you have things well in hand. Funny, I kinda saw both of them as interjecting some moments of truth seeking in a bombardment of political spin."I did mention Govols....and Jones deserves honorable mention to.(my bad)...Keyword was "sometimes"I feel the only one.Still,(in BC)we are the minority sticking up for the mass majority(according to polls) concerning our foreigning policy.
Since I've always passionately defended and championed the neo-con movement myself I'll just hang out with my friends like Moreluck and continue the American Empire quest to dominate the world! Funny though, I doubt Moreluck and some of the others would see me that way. Right More?Do I detect sarcasm Mr Libertarian?..lol

You know, it's funny that so many think that it's all republicans so to speak are behind the Great American Empire (an yeah, they carry a big share) and they use the backing of the Iraq war to make that case. On the surface, this seems logical and even rational but is it the truth. An interesting article has appeared at an anti war website called Anti-War.com and it examines the current flock of democratic front runners and their so-called demands to leave Iraq. Folks, you really should read this one IMO .In my"ignorant" opinion,the difference is the reps got us knee deep into this fiasco(yes,with the help of some blinded dem support) with the excuse of bad intel for perhaps a master plan of logistics,protecting American interests..Oil! Legitimizing our stay with eradicating local terrorist and a few al-Qaeda.Of course the top tier dems candidates don't want to cut and run,now that the world's largest Embassy has been constructed,and permenent bases has been established. A Dem pres might keep the US at bay with reduced offensive combat troops to a infrastructure protection force.But will our presence in Iraq curtail world Terrorism or require more special forces combat units abroad eraticating multiplying terror cells indefinetly?
http://www.antiwar.com/engelhardt/?articleid=11333

Maybe Bush is not the only one we should fear because at the least he's honest to a degree about his position whereas this article would seem to suggest we have a batch of president wanna-bes who use the verbal art of subterfuge when dealing with the public. Not all is as it seems as with the other side it's still empire, just better camouflage and less obvious to the casual observer!
Yes.he's honest to a degree.."Stay the course" degree but is he honest with the Edwards bumper sticker claim to fame an all out"War on Terror"?Or can we call it "War on American interest"
It's a long way to go for the other wanna-bees to deflect and camo their ultimate views/plans.Many debates and speeches still to come for wana-bees to flip-flop,or exposed there weaknesses.Maybe thats why Newt and Al are waiting in the wings till the last possible moment and tell America what they want to hear.

Gotta go..you tube debate is on...C YA

wkmac

Mainstreaming of America is achieveable by providing the mass majority, accurate non-bias,non-influencial outlets,that individuals can educate themselves on.

AB-SO-DA#N-LUT-LY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't have said it any better.

In my"ignorant" opinion,the difference is the reps got us knee deep into this fiasco(yes,with the help of some blinded dem support) with the excuse of bad intel for perhaps a master plan of logistics,protecting American interests..Oil!

If you compartmentalize history into specific sectors based of political control, no arguement but I don't happen to view our course in that narrow a corridor. Years ago there was a program on Discovery channel that I was addicted too and it was called Connections. It would take some modern event of importance and then go back hundreds if not thousands of years to an event that would seem to have no relevence or "Connection" and move forward through time showing how that one event of long ago would build on another and then another as it course through history and complete itself with our own historical moment.

You can make the case the repubs got us where we are, this is true but I could also make the case that the legal precedense the repubs used to exert this power was first established by the democrats of Woodrow Wilson and his League of Nations vision and the democratization of the world and further brought to bear by FDR and what became known as the United Nations and they didn't start it but picked up the small beginning left by others before them.

The American version of empire building which we call NationBuilding cut it's teeth and honed it's skill in the post WW2 years in which we got the BrettonWoods Agreement (actually July 1944') which gave us the IMF, ITO, World Bank and more important to creating a visionary post WW2 world, the International Bank of Reconstruction and Development.

You could fill computer hard drive after computer hard drive with facts and details on this subject and no I'm not writting a book on that either.
:wink: It's just that when I see your posts on matters like this, you may not mean to have it come across this way but it just seems you never give or show any contrition as to the democrats actions and role in all of this. In fairness maybe you do and I just miss the point. My bad if so!

It's like the whole voting for Iraq war thing as the pat answer is the repubs lied and tricked them into voting. Well that's funny because Kucinich and Paul saw this thing from a different perspective as they voted no. Or like Paul, is Kucinich just the democrat version of Dr. No? :laugh: I still love to go to that parallel universe where Al Gore won in 2000' and watch the democrats beat the war drums and Michael Moore's movies be nothing but PR films for the annilation of Saddam and the repubs making Ann Coulture their version of Cindy Sheehan. Come on Diesel, you know that picture has you rolling.:tongue_sm

Sad part is the fact it's completely true and all one needs do is go back to the 1990's and watch Clinton in his nationbuilding forrays and the repubs at everyturn opposing him and where were the house democrats in all of this? Beat the war drums of course except the little idiot Kucinich. I'm more and more starting to like this guy even though our vision of gov't is very different.

At the opening of the Bretton Woods conference in 1944', FDR made the following remark,
"The economic health of every country is a proper matter of concern to all its neighbors, near and far."

Just looking at the quote I would think that most people would agree with this as we have concern for our own personal neighbor's situations. We want the best for them and hope the best but would we go over to our neighbor's house and demand of them that they live exactly as we want them too? Would we demand they work a job more befitting our image and self service of what things should be? Just how far could we go? Is it right under any moral code to do such a thing? Well if it's not right for us on an individual basis to do such a thing, no moral standing from a higher power to do such, then how is it justified when we form collective cooperatives and grant them the use of deadly force to go in and do these same things to other collective cooperatives? I believe that what you can't do as an indivdual, you also can't do by forming groups and granting them the appearance of being legit even under the guise of the democratic process. The way I see it Diesel, whether democrat or republican, whether public or private, "WE" (and I'm including myself here) have all sinned.

Look hard at FDR's words and then look at world events in the last 60 plus years since he made those remarks and the actions of our gov't whether democrat or repub controlled and tell me the motive really wasn't malevolent rather than benevolent. Sorry Dies', I wish you were right just for the sake a simple vote for the other side would fix the problem but IMHO that is not the case. Besides, if it were the case the very thing you quoted to start this post would be advocated from the mountain tops by the democrats and that just ain't so and we both sadly know it.

I'm cynical but yes I'm even hopeful that we will in time figure this out. I'm just not looking for this bunch of beauty queen contestants to git er' done!

Hey what ended up being the earning report for UPS? I just remembered what today is. Gotta go look. C ya!

diesel96

Wkmac,
As history buffs,Newt Gingrich and yourself can probably achieve "all nighter"correspondance to each other on a nightly basis,or hang out at a Starbucks all day with your lattes and laptops discussing historical relavtivity in relation to today's 21st Century events....Yester-years political parties almost parady themselves like livining in a parallel universe back in the day when Dems were the war mongers and the reps were anti-war.(BTW:I did lmao with your parallel universe analogy)

We all know Bush has been led down the path to Iraq on lies by his advisors and some Dems caught the bait hook,line and sinker.There,I said it.Are you happy?But I give the Dems more credit for fighting back harder,and spitting out the hook as to not get reel up into the blood-soaked boat.
Maybe I do come off sounding condescendent like Dems are angels.Because when I hear individuals blame or compare the Clinton era for"they did it to"or "it was their intel" in Iraq to me is ignorent,because they had 7 yrs to straighten the ship.Now its leaning so "far right "it's in danger of sinking.

But as ignorant as I am about history I can not in-fuse in a" Nostrodomus"like
predictable account of things to come as a result of the past.My tendencies are to look into the future,not backwards.This is a whole new can of worms we've opened.

Overpaid Union Thug

You want to know when the next American Revolution will happen? It's easy to see it comming. It's in the near future when the Leftists, Commies, Red Diaper Doper Babies, Stalinists, Marxists, etc., <-----(Those were for your WKMAC since I supposedly overuse the word Liberal ;)), will turn this country into a Socialist safe haven were the hard working middle and upper class will be punished and the lower class will be rewarded. Christians will be be punished for not hiding their faith and Atheists will be held with high regard. Terrorists (or Muslim Extremists for you sensitive little leftists out there) will empose their Islamic laws at will because no one will have the courage to stop it. Univeral Health Care will be free and it will show in the low quality of care. China, if the Muslims hadn't already, will be slowly conquering the West without firing a shot and if they do decide to take us on militarily they'll have an even greater advantage in the form of troop ratios over us then they do now due to decades of increased abortions and the country's inability to reproduce due to the record amounts of gay marriages. First Graders won't be able to spell their names but will know how to put on condoms. This is the vision I see. It is extreme but is more likely than the previous scenario and isn't beyond believable.

The revolution would hopefully take place before the above extremes boil over. I say boil over because some are already happening. And I say hopefully because it will be up to the true Americans to take a stand and take back this country before it slips into the cracks.

wkmac

Diesel,
The Starbucks thing might sound good to some but I'm no fan of Starbucks. I just can't see paying several dollars for a cup of coffee. When it comes to coffee, I'm a "heat up the water and give me the instant" kinda guy. Or in other words, a da#n cheat schape!

I guess the difference between us to some degree is you've found some redeeming quality of trust with some elected officials based on their actions but IMHO, I think those actions are totally superfical based souly on observations in responding to public opinion. Their belief is by changing course, they gain in political advantage and this is the soul reason for it. If the shoe were on the other foot, I believe they would be conducting themselves in the same manner as the repubs.

It comes down to an issue of trust with me and I'm said to say I have no trust in either side. They've broken the faith with me and I'm done with these 2 parties. I only hope and pray that the American voter recaptures his/her independent spirit and begins giving serious ear to the independent political candidate that has seperated themselves from these 2 groups and runs a campaign based on their own honest and sincere beliefs even if they are counter to my own. I can handle the honest and sincere person even if misguided in my view because in the end I know the motive is to do the right thing and when the actions call for it, they will come through. But what we have now are politicians who put themselves and party first and their own job security way ahead of us and the good of the country and the citizens at best become a secondary concern.

Diesel, IMHO you are trying to find a cup of clean water to drink in the middle of a septic tank! You might come close as the water looks somewhat clear but at the end of the day you'll still have a :censored2: taste in your mouth, get very ill and yeah you may still die anyway. I hope people's faith proves me totally wrong, I really do because I have 4 kids to think about but I'm just not feeling the love so to speak.

c ya!

diesel96

You want to know when the next American Revolution will happen? It's easy to see it comming. It's in the near future when the Leftists, Commies, Red Diaper Doper Babies, Stalinists, Marxists, etc., <-----(Those were for your WKMAC since I supposedly overuse the word Liberal ;)), will turn this country into a Socialist safe haven were the hard working middle and upper class will be punished and the lower class will be rewarded. Christians will be be punished for not hiding their faith and Atheists will be held with high regard. Terrorists (or Muslim Extremists for you sensitive little leftists out there) will empose their Islamic laws at will because no one will have the courage to stop it. Univeral Health Care will be free and it will show in the low quality of care. China, if the Muslims hadn't already, will be slowly conquering the West without firing a shot and if they do decide to take us on militarily they'll have an even greater advantage in the form of troop ratios over us then they do now due to decades of increased abortions and the country's inability to reproduce due to the record amounts of gay marriages. First Graders won't be able to spell their names but will know how to put on condoms. This is the vision I see. It is extreme but is more likely than the previous scenario and isn't beyond believable.

The revolution would hopefully take place before the above extremes boil over. I say boil over because some are already happening. And I say hopefully because it will be up to the true Americans to take a stand and take back this country before it slips into the cracks.

Kudos Big Arrow for your creativity,you should forward this to Spielberg or Tarantino,would make a great epic motion picture or a Twilght Zone episode...LOL

Wkmac
Looking into my crystal ball I see a Ron Paul-Dennis Kucinich 2008 ticket......The Repub-locrat party....(In a SNL Jon Lovitz vioce...Yeah..That's the ticket)
BTW...What kind of Java drinker your are tells alot about a person,I'd keep that "instant cup" reference on the down low.Buy a bean grinder b4 our taxes go up next year to lower the US defecit so as not to dip into the social Security fund.....Caffine junkie----->:w00t:

wkmac

Wkmac
Looking into my crystal ball I see a Ron Paul-Dennis Kucinich 2008 ticket......The Repub-locrat party....(In a SNL Jon Lovitz vioce...Yeah..That's the ticket)
BTW...What kind of Java drinker your are tells alot about a person,I'd keep that "instant cup" reference on the down low.Buy a bean grinder b4 our taxes go up next year to lower the US defecit so as not to dip into the social Security fund.....Caffine junkie----->:w00t:

You know that ticket might not be as far fetched as one might think. Several years ago there were rumors swirling that Pat Buchannon and Ralph Nader could form a ticket and the meat got thicker when Pat did a one on one interview of Ralph for American Conservative magazine. Not only was it a good article that covered a lot of precise nuts and bolts of ideas but the reader realized a lot of common ground was there and even both men admitted this at the time.

I'd like to see it if for nothing more than to shake up the way things are done and to allow the American people another perspective to look at in the hopes they may see there are alternatives to the present 2 party way of doing things.

As for keeping my drinking instant on the QT? I drink at best 2 cups (small) a day and they are always within about 2 hours after starting my day. Once I'm beyond that I'm done. I just feel why waste the time and effort of dolling up a cup of coffee when I'm not drinking that much to begin with. I use to not drink hardly any coffee at all until many years ago I started doing winter backpack trips exclusively and the morning cup just hit the spot. In the dead of winter on top of some snow covered mountain at 15 below, the odds of getting a speciality cup of coffee is pretty remote!

Now I guess you could melt some of that yellow looking snow and mix that with coffee to create some fancy flavor but I'm just not that sophisicated of a person.

diesel96

I'd like to see it if for nothing more than to shake up the way things are done and to allow the American people another perspective to look at in the hopes they may see there are alternatives to the present 2 party way of doing things.[end=quote]

Lets start with the extinction of the Neo-cons and the far lefts anarchists,then work on the middle ground.The I-pod ,X-boX gereration are in for a rude awakening when they recieve a draft notice,school budgets and grant cuts,rising heathcare,high interest rates and housing costs,high gas and oil costs,no quality jobs available cause their overseas ,Corperations paying low wages to illegal immigrants encouraging a flood of illegals to cross our borders,tax increases,Gov't intruding on our civil liberties,a bankrupting social securtiy,reaffirming our solidarity and trust in the world,revamping and restructuring our foriegn polices ,green earth and alternative energy,feeding the poor,cure diseases(including stem cell),etc...These issues criss cross into the fabric of both the big 2 parties affilliations.A consensual mainstream independent party with no ties to the big 2 can promote with non-prejudice,workable solutions.Now if two dynamic Independent indivduals can step up to the plate and get the ball rolling,it just might start a domino effect with the voters.In other words the American people may be forced to seek alternatives to the present 2 party system we have today or we may lose our position on the top of the food chain.

wkmac said:
Now I guess you could melt some of that yellow looking snow and mix that with coffee to create some fancy flavor but I'm just not that sophisicated of a person.
:lol:[end=quote]

[quoting =Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention]
"Watch out where the huskies go..and don't you eat that yellow snow"

wkmac

One of my favorite Zappa moments was "Billy the Mountain" and I got to see Zappa live in 1972'. I was so impressed by the fact that the band used bandstands and sheet music. I never appreciated until that night the complexity of Frank's music until I saw that. He is missed not only musically but as a political voice too. For those who want to eliminate the IRS and change the tax system you have a great ally in Frank because he was very vocal about that fact.

Yesterday in Georgia, the big political news was retired Senator Sam Nunn and a possible independent run in the 08' Presidential race. Things are starting to get really, really interesting along these lines.

I know from the comments here, it seems most of those from the repub. camp hold little interest in the current declared bunch and are waiting for Thompson to jump both feet in instead of dancing around the edges. On the democrat side, you have the obvious front runners but these guys are only among the dedicated democrat hardcore. To get elected you have to appeal to the general electorate and IMO these 2 above could potentially do some real damage to the lockdown the 2 parties have on our current political system. This election next year if things continue could get real interesting to say the least and what's really doing the damage leading in is not Bush or the repubs (they've stayed the course they've been on) but rather the ineffectiveness of the democrat controlled Congress to move anything meaningful forward and the people see this and the opinion polls show this very clearly. If the dems aren't able to gain somekind of foothold and move something forward then you could see a voting public going into the general election so fed up with bothsides doing nothing but grandstanding before the cameras that they actually think about alternate choices and in that emotional state they pull the trigger on a 3rd party option.

Talk about political revolution!

diesel96

wkmac said:
One of my favorite Zappa moments was "Billy the Mountain" and I got to see Zappa live in 1972'. I was so impressed by the fact that the band used bandstands and sheet music. I never appreciated until that night the complexity of Frank's music until I saw that. He is missed not only musically but as a political voice too. For those who want to eliminate the IRS and change the tax system you have a great ally in Frank because he was very vocal about that fact.

Have you ever eaten at :St Alfonso's pancake resturant"where I stole the margarine"..great song...and also "Titties and Beer".....anyway... maybe they didn't take him serious cause he named his kid "Moon Unit" and the bizare nature of his songs.

In a Arty Johnson voice from "Laugh In"
"Very Interesting"