The Public Relations War Is Underway.

bacha29

Maybe I'm daft, but how will any of this help in organizing Amazon?
As "My Trio Is Cut" noted the Teamsters are focused on a much improved deal for part timers I'll take his word for it.
What happened a couple of counties over from me could serve as an example.
Amazon announced this spring that it will open a final mile delivery terminal. Everybody was excited. Local politicians were grinning like possums The media was jumping around like stud horses....That was until it was learned that nobody working in the place was going to get more than 19 hours a week.

A significantly improved deal for UPS part timers would likely be held up as an example to Amazon part timers.

Mutineer

Everybody was excited. Local politicians were grinning like possums The media was jumping around like stud horses....That was until it was learned that nobody working in the place was going to get more than 19 hours a week.

LMFAO! That is the EXACT same story of every big company that has opened in my area for the past very many years.

"Jobs and prosperity for the community" is a lie.

All the good jobs are staffed by present employees which the company imports into the community. The high rollers with the big paychecks swarm the area and out-compete the locals for what little housing is available. Rents and real-estate get inflated even more.

The locals only get hired for all the part-time, minimum wage crap jobs.

The end result is inflated real estate, more traffic, and the local working-class getting the shaft.

Last edited:

Mutineer

A significantly improved deal for UPS part timers would likely be held up as an example to Amazon part timers.

Sooo if the Teamsters succeed with their present demands, Amazon workers will roll out a red carpet for them.

Meh. I think Bezos will put up quite a fight. But I think his leftist political buddies are more than happy to shove him in front of a bus. We will see.

The big difference between UPS and Amazon is that everybody knows that most UPS workers are already paid very well while there's no shortage of tear jerking stories sympathetic to the poor, underpaid Amazon worker. UPS workers are very easily portrayed as overpaid and overly coddled.

Gone fishin

Sooo if the Teamsters succeed with their present demands, Amazon workers will roll out a red carpet for them.

Meh. I think Bezos will put up quite a fight. But I think his leftist political buddies are more than happy to shove him in front of a bus. We will see.

The big difference between UPS and Amazon is that everybody knows that most UPS workers are already paid very well while there's no shortage of tear jerking stories sympathetic to the poor, underpaid Amazon worker. UPS workers are very easily portrayed as overpaid and overly coddled.
Big difference also is that Amazon delivers their own product.