The religion of peace strikes again...

bbsam

Staff member
You do not have a Constitutional right to build a building where you want just because you have the money to do it. Also they do not believe in "God".
A good percentage of people in America don't believe in God. What's your point? Do they then forfeit freedom of assembly, freedom of expression, freedom of religion because of what you deem to be a relevant deity?

bbsam

Staff member
Obama will make sure his people are approved for a loan (taxpayer funded).

With all the negative press from the likes of Peter King, they won't need a loan. Watch the donations pour in. Nothing brings in more donations than a loud mouth republican...for both sides.

av8torntn

A good percentage of people in America don't believe in God. What's your point? Do they then forfeit freedom of assembly, freedom of expression, freedom of religion because of what you deem to be a relevant deity?

My point was that you are incorrect when you claim that they "have a God given Constitutional right to build what they want because they have money". If they did they would not have had to seek permission from the city. As a side not they do not believe in "God" as you claimed and would probably be offended at your suggestion.

In this Country we do not really own property we own the right to rent property from the government. Try to not pay your rent(taxes) to the government and see just how long your ownership lasts. The government could allow these people to build their building and then come in and take it or force them to sell their right to pay rent to the government to another group if the government decides it is in their best interest to use this land for another purpose.

My point is that as usual you are just fabricating things by saying you have a right to property.

If you really think you have a right to assemble try to assemble with you friends in the oval office to drink a couple beers. It is after all public property. Try to assemble on the mall to protest government without a permit. You lost your right to assemble long ago also.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know, just wanted to post the actual news story......giving credit, you know. We have to know where it comes from.

bbsam

Staff member
My point was that you are incorrect when you claim that they "have a God given Constitutional right to build what they want because they have money". If they did they would not have had to seek permission from the city. As a side not they do not believe in "God" as you claimed and would probably be offended at your suggestion.

In this Country we do not really own property we own the right to rent property from the government. Try to not pay your rent(taxes) to the government and see just how long your ownership lasts. The government could allow these people to build their building and then come in and take it or force them to sell their right to pay rent to the government to another group if the government decides it is in their best interest to use this land for another purpose.

My point is that as usual you are just fabricating things by saying you have a right to property.

If you really think you have a right to assemble try to assemble with you friends in the oval office to drink a couple beers. It is after all public property. Try to assemble on the mall to protest government without a permit. You lost your right to assemble long ago also.

So we should deny the right to "rent" the property to them because we don't like them? Grow up.

P

pickup

I say let them build the darn thing, there is no legal parking in that area anyway as far as I know. there is no muslim community of any significant size in that area so basically u are going to have a lot of illegally parked yellow cabs( a lot of the drivers are from Pakistan) 5 times a day. Tow those cabs and make some money for the city

av8torntn

So we should deny the right to "rent" the property to them because we don't like them? Grow up.

If I grow up, if I never grow up you were still incorrect. The reason I stayed out of this debate is that I know I am biased against Muslims.

I never said the government should or should not deny the use of property. The fact is the government does deny the use of property every day. Governments have denied the privilege of building a church based solely on their opinion that it would increase traffic in the area. Government has kept people with the money to do it from building a power plant in their back yard. When you falsely claimed that God gave you a constitutional right to build what you wanted on your property if you had the money you must've been thinking of another nations Constitution. It's not ours. Maybe you could start the drive for a constitutional amendment for property rights to rid ourselves of imminent domain.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(The Jerusalem Post)Eighteen-year-old Ebrahim Hamidi is facing execution in Iran on charges of homosexuality, even though he has no lawyer and is not gay, the Guardian reported Monday.
Hamidi was sentenced to death for sodomy based on “judge’s knowledge,” whereby a judge can use his discretion to decide on a case in which no conclusive evidence exists.
Hamidi allegedly confessed to the crime under torture.
Last month, the purported victim of the crime admitted he had been coerced into making false accusations by his parents.
Three alleged accomplices of Hamidi were aquitted after they agreed to testify against Hamidi in court, the Guardian said.
Hamidi’s lawyer Mohammed Mostafaei, credited with saving 50 people from execution over the course of his career, was forced to flee the country after he sparked international controversy over another client, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who was sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, according to the Guardian.
Homosexuality can be punished by lashing, hanging, or stoning in Iran, depending on the seriousness of the offense.
A rape victim can be lashed as well if he “enjoyed” the experience.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gee, just watching my CBC news..... Afghan women pump out an average of 6.6 babys each.
They are making those little Taliban terrorists, faster then we can kill them !

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
We'll see if they're for real now! :wink2:

Greg Gutfeld To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”

“So, the Muslim investors championing the construction of the new mosque near Ground Zero claim it’s all about strengthening the relationship between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.
As an American, I believe they have every right to build the mosque – after all, if they buy the land and they follow the law – who can stop them?
Which is, why, in the spirit of outreach, I’ve decided to do the same thing.
I’m announcing tonight, that I am planning to build and open the first gay bar that caters not only to the west, but also Islamic gay men. To best express my sincere desire for dialogue, the bar will be situated next to the mosque Park51, in an available commercial space.
This is not a joke. I’ve already spoken to a number of investors, who have pledged their support in this bipartisan bid for understanding and tolerance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard on the news this morning that the Imam who wants to build that mosque at ground zero will be making the rounds of the middle east ON THE TAXPAYER'S DIME to tout the benefits of building this mosque. Commentators said, what's to stop him from raising the money they still need from all the rich nations?

OK, how many trips do I have to pay for???? When do I get my trip??

bbsam

Staff member
If I grow up, if I never grow up you were still incorrect. The reason I stayed out of this debate is that I know I am biased against Muslims.

I never said the government should or should not deny the use of property. The fact is the government does deny the use of property every day. Governments have denied the privilege of building a church based solely on their opinion that it would increase traffic in the area. Government has kept people with the money to do it from building a power plant in their back yard. When you falsely claimed that God gave you a constitutional right to build what you wanted on your property if you had the money you must've been thinking of another nations Constitution. It's not ours. Maybe you could start the drive for a constitutional amendment for property rights to rid ourselves of imminent domain.
No need for a constitutional ammendment. Seems things are working out fine. Maybe you would like an ammendment preventing any further building of mosques in this country? Or maybe we could just hang a big sign from the Statue of Libery that says "We don't like yer kind 'round here." Every so often we could add another group that seems offensive at that point in time.

av8torntn

No need for a constitutional ammendment. Seems things are working out fine. Maybe you would like an ammendment preventing any further building of mosques in this country? Or maybe we could just hang a big sign from the Statue of Libery that says "We don't like yer kind 'round here." Every so often we could add another group that seems offensive at that point in time.

Sounds like you have issues ,no need to bring me into it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(RAWA News)- A Shia man named Naurooz has been beheaded by Taliban in Sai Ganj area of Ghazni. He was from Nahoor District of Ghazni, and on the way for business travel to Ghazni city.
This is not the first incident in this year. About a month ago, 10 Hazara Shia from Jaghori district of Ghazni were beheaded by Taliban. They were mostly students on their way to homes for summer vocations from Kabul. Taliban kidnapped them in Muqur area and found student ID cards from them. They were all slaughtered.

KOCHI: Adding insult to injury, a Kerala college has sacked its lecturer whose right hand was chopped off by activists of radical outfit PFI for preparing a controversial Malayalam question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Muhammad.
The management of the Christian-run New Man College has informed T J Joseph that he had been removed from September 1 on the grounds that he had hurt religious sentiments, college sources said on Saturday.
Joseph reacted with shock to his dismissal saying it was an “unexpected blow” to him and his family while Education Minister M A Baby regretted the management action calling it an “extreme and irrationally negative” step.
The Popular Front of India activists had hacked the right hand of Joseph on July 4 when he was returning home with his family from a Church, 30 persons have been arrested so far in connection with the gruesome attack which shocked the country.
The prophet Muhammad said: “Don’t beat her in the face, and do not make her ugly.” See how she is honored. If the husband beats his wife, he must not beat her in the face. Even when he beats her, he must not curse her. This is incredible! He beats her in order to discipline her.
In addition, there must not be more than ten beatings, and he must not break her bones, injure her, break her teeth, or poke her in the eye. There is a beating etiquette. If he beats to discipline her, he must not raise his hand high. He must beat her from chest level. All these things honor the woman.

(AFP)- Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, an Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, has also been sentenced to 99 lashes for a photo published of her without a headscarf, according to her son.
In an interview published on the website of the French magazine La Regle du Jeu and the blog Dentelles et Tchador, Mohammadi-Ashtiani’s son Sajjad said they learned of the new punishment from released inmates.
He said that a prison judge confirmed that she was to be lashed for spreading “corruption and indecency” by the publication of a photograph of her without a headscarf that appeared in a British newspaper.
The Times of London published on August 28 a photo of a woman without a headscarf that it said was Mohammadi-Ashtiani, however on September 3 it said the attribution of the photo, which it received from one of her lawyers that has fled Iran, was incorrect.

If Christianity was as violent as Islam (which the left continuously claims), then why aren’t Catholics beheading Protestants or Baptists blowing themselves up in Methodist churches?…

bbsam

Staff member
Because Christians are the ones in power. Flip the tables and Christians would find all kinds of Biblical justifications to heinous acts.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bonfire-of-one-mans-vanity-2075472.html
Their calls for the event to be cancelled came as reports emerged from Baghdad of an apparent revenge attack on Iraq's only operating Anglican church, St George's. According to two eyewitnesses, up to four people were killed after gunmen opened fire on guards outside the church, which lies in a compound just outside the comparative safety of the Green Zone.
It has been targeted by extremists before but Canon Andrew White, the British-born vicar of St George's, said he believed that yesterday's attack was directly related to events in Florida. Iraqi authorities had warned of the prospect of such an incident.
"Without a doubt it is linked to Florida," he said by telephone from Baghdad. "The book-burning is huge news in Iraq at the moment. Every newspaper, every television station and radio, they've all been covering it."