The Scourge of America with Integrity (On Topic Only Please)

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all my BC Brethren,

I am firmly convinced that the scourge of American Society is the absurd accumulation of power resulting from the absurd accumulation of wealth.

In principle I am strongly in favor of a progressive income tax that de incentivizes this absurd accumulation of wealth and the resultant corrupt political power that goes along with it.

I have posted this elsewhere but I feel it need to be repeated here for possible discussion:

I have the suspicion that as long as the rich politicians and rich corporations that own them can keep the non-rich fighting the moral high ground issues for their political gain and that IMO they mostly regard from a political perspective their purposes will be furthered because the non-rich will not seek to address the real scourge of American society; the absurd accumulation of power through the absurd accumulation of wealth.

I am all for a new progressive income tax rate system that unashamedly taxes the richest of the rich up to 91% and the poorest of the poor 0%.

Disclaimer:

My idea would certainly would put me in the 0% bracket.

Sincerely,
I

Thebrownblob

To all my BC Brethren,

I am firmly convinced that the scourge of American Society is the absurd accumulation of power resulting from the absurd accumulation of wealth.

In principle I am strongly in favor of a progressive income tax that de incentivizes this absurd accumulation of wealth and the resultant corrupt political power that goes along with it.

I have posted this elsewhere but I feel it need to be repeated here for possible discussion:

I have the suspicion that as long as the rich politicians and rich corporations that own them can keep the non-rich fighting the moral high ground issues for their political gain and that IMO they mostly regard from a political perspective their purposes will be furthered because the non-rich will not seek to address the real scourge of American society; the absurd accumulation of power through the absurd accumulation of wealth.

I am all for a new progressive income tax rate system that unashamedly taxes the richest of the rich up to 91% and the poorest of the poor 0%.

Disclaimer:

My idea would certainly would put me in the 0% bracket.

Sincerely,
I
Perhaps, but….

How much is absurd? And who gets to decide that? I think the absurdity here would also be asking that some of those accumulating so much wealth being supposed “public servants” taking this money would be pretty absurd, but that’s me.

Sincerely, your friend
blob

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then why do you want to penalize the wealthy for being wealthy?
My idea in no way penalizes the wealthy for being wealthy.

My idea, IMO will help correct what I believe to be the scourge of America.

IMO correcting the scourge of America will only benefit the rich in this country, not penalize them.

Thebrownblob

IMO correcting the scourge of America will only benefit the rich in this country, not penalize them.
I understand your thought process, but unfortunately charity and kindness Need to be done with a cheerful heart, not at the end of a gun barrel, otherwise there’s dire consequences.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, if I go out and work hard all my like and I end up with sizable wealth you want to tax it all away? Where is the incentive for the next guy that comes along to work hard ?
Might as well be a degenerate and not pay any taxes

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

I’ll say what you refuse to say…To correct your “scourge of America “ is to penalize the wealthy for being wealthy .

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
So, if I go out and work hard all my like and I end up with sizable wealth you want to tax it all away? Where is the incentive for the next guy that comes along to work hard ?
You’re on it.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
With my idea you might not have to depending on your tax bracket. I know I wouldn’t have to.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If the “scourge of America” is removed everyone wins. There is no penalty for anyone when America achieves a victory such as this.
Well first off, you’re about as wrong here as you could be.

Secondly, I’m moving this discussion to current events, because I’m pretty sure this conversation is gonna get somewhat political. 🙄