Dhydratd

Honestly I don't understand when people say they worked 14 hours. Even if you start an hour early at 8am, that puts you out there until 11 pm with an hour lunch, unless people are including lunch for some reason. My center would never allow that.
Did 10 hours today, 6 hrs with helper.
Check your math. 10pm would be 14 hours. The 14 hour rule is punch to punch, regardless of whether a lunch break was taken.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were heavy yesterday primarily due to the closures-----a bunch of us had to come back to the building to get what wouldn't fit. My stop count wasn't bad----142----but I delivered just under 700 pieces and picked up just under 300.

I have no idea if we had any missed but when I got back at 1800 about half of the drivers were in and gone, thanks to our 8 am start time.

Today we start at 9:45 and it is supposed to be heavy.

We have the phones now instead of helper board. Very slow to scan. Did one stop on mine yesterday.
JxVdV3DVLGpR6.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Today was the worst day I seen in my career. Had to have been 1000 at the minimum missed in my center before the drivers even hit 14hr curfew just from lib.

Tons of drivers all pulling in right at 14hr with more missed. I'm curious of our centers grand total today. I hit 14... brought back missed. Is this just my building?
Sounds like your glorious planning people failed to hire/train enough temp drivers.

Do the max, get off early Friday.

iruhnman630

Our dispatch was messed up in the opposite way...I made my last delivery at 1:15!

I took my full hour break, ran a misload, and helped a newbie on the other side of town just to kill time waiting for my pickups.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's insane how much centers differ. I don't think any driver worked over 12 hours today, and we even had 4 drivers laid off because there wasn't enough work even with all the closures from Friday. But for some reason jumpers were used and I believe one PVD went out to "learn" an area, so there should be grievances filed tomorrow :clap:
Jumpers? What's that?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Our center had a big day. I did 121 finished at 6pm. With a helper from 10 to 5. No pick ups- covered. Most trucks were in. Only 3 or 4 guys out when I left at 6

Notcool

Most came back with missed in my hub. I had six missed just made 14hr. Our hub is a disaster. Alot.of.drivers got hurt this year and they didnt hire replacements. More stops yesturday than Ive ever done

vvv

I do... it shows that at least In my hub, we are totally over what the hub can handle. I have a feeling the past 3 years or chronic under staffing, irregs clogging up the system, and drivers just sick and tired of the typical bs are going to blow up in UPS's face this year.

Morale was at an all time low today from my talking to drivers. Even management seemed to throw their hands up today and say :censored2: it.

LOVE IT!!!!

vvv

I've worked until 11 pm plenty of times even during non peak months I probably do this 5x a month. my center allows it I've been sent to help at 10pm several times in a month roll in the building by 10:59 pm with sup standing outside waiting for us.

Utterly ridiculous......and I mean the situation and not your comment. Even a desperate starving person doesn't need those kind of hours placed upon him.

vvv

We were heavy yesterday primarily due to the closures-----a bunch of us had to come back to the building to get what wouldn't fit. My stop count wasn't bad----142----but I delivered just under 700 pieces and picked up just under 300.

I have no idea if we had any missed but when I got back at 1800 about half of the drivers were in and gone, thanks to our 8 am start time.

Today we start at 9:45 and it is supposed to be heavy.

SLOW DOWN JUNIOR!!

I did "about" 10 stops less than you.
Delivered "about" 450 less packages.
Picked up "about" 275 less packages.
Punched out "about" 2.75 hours later.

wornoutupser

Today was the worst day I seen in my career. Had to have been 1000 at the minimum missed in my center before the drivers even hit 14hr curfew just from lib.

Tons of drivers all pulling in right at 14hr with more missed. I'm curious of our centers grand total today. I hit 14... brought back missed. Is this just my building?

It is not just your building.

Central Florida was slammed yesterday. I can't be too specific without giving away my location, but I can say that Lakeland had 7 unloaded trailers in the yard after blowing up the preload. Lake Wales had volume left in the building and a bunch brought back. Both centers had drivers out to legal limits.
The sad part is that there are no more drivers or vehicles and the additional cyber Monday volume will start hitting today with the local Amazon centers here.

Again, the plan is flawed and the supervisors can no longer manage the local operation. Hail Atlanta!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seriously, most centers are decades old and were built for the time. Yet, there's no sign that my center will be replaced with a new building anytime soon. There's no land to expand. There's not even enough space for drivers to park in the morning.
This is where ups is going to have to commit to spending big money or be left behind. Peak volume is at least double average daily volume in most centers. That number is doubling every 7 years or so.

Ups has to decide how much money they are willing to throw at a problem that only exists about 6 weeks out of the year and where that money is going to come from.

watdaflock?

Your management team is horrible.

Hope this helps.