The things some customers do!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownDead, Jul 13, 2010.

1. BrownDead

BrownDead New Member

You cant make some of the stuff up that happens to us drivers. I was in dire need of a restroom on area today and spotted a porta-potty. I bee lined straight to it and entered frantically. All of a sudden I hear banging on the door. It was a female customer inquiring about her package. She actually tried to carry on a conversation expressing her concerns about how important it was that she get her package. She was leaving town today and wanted to take it with her. I will never be regular again. By the way, it was a package from VS.
  2. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, but you will have to wait until I get my underwear back on before you can sign for yours."
  3. cosmictrucker

cosmictrucker Trucking is I

That's a hoot.
  4. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

She had a right to be concerned. What were you doing in the porta-potty with the customer's VS package? You can tell us the truth. Did it fit?
  5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You should have told her you'll be right out and then stay in there grunting and making fart noises for ten minutes.
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

LOL, nice!
  7. Mick32

Mick32 Member

As an on-road sup, I hear one of three things at virtually every stop when doing a Space and Vis or OJS ride:
    1) It takes TWO of you for one package?
    2) Oh, you have a helper today? (Always seemingly responded to with "I'm/He's really no help".
    3) (If they realize I'm the sup) "<insert driver's name> is the best driver you have" even if they said the exact same thing about the other driver I rode with 2 weeks or a month earlier on the same route.
  8. BrownDead

BrownDead New Member didn't fit......but it was my favorite color!!
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

10. whiskey

whiskey New Member

I have a business owner that speaks about UPS like Mel Gibson speaks about his Russian wife. Complete with heavy panting. And I have to stand there and take this abuse every day with a smile. Because I am a professional.
  11. Rebrak24

Rebrak24 New Member

One time I had to help an elderly couple setup their satellite service. I didn't eat the sandwich the lady made. It was lukewarm.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Why didn't you just call the guy? (Two and a Half Men reference)
  13. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

as you approach the customer with package you hear the words"whats that,i didnt order anything,do you know what that is". if i had a dollar for every one of those i;d be golfing this weekend with my dm.