The Truth About Right to Work (for less) in Indiana

UPSSOCKS

Iowa:

#1 It is an easy job
#2 The only reason a management person would try to screw you over would be if you were not doing your job correctly
#3 We can train children to do these jobs, it's not rocket science

AssistantSanta

It's a hard enough job here at UPS and we have to watch out for certain management types, (like you), stabbing us in the back and trying to screw us over too.

From what I read, I see plenty of hourly workers posting unreasonable things.
"supervisor worked two minutes, grieve!" and the like.

Technically it maybe grievable. Management can also write you up for showing up a minute late. An employee violates his end of obligations when they show up late without prior approval.

The speed limit that says 25 means 25 is the limit. It means the limit to not be exceeded, not advisory. So, technically if the city is low on funds and the police follow people and issue a full citation for 2mph over the limit. He could watch you as the traffic stop is getting wrapped up. You pull off without signaling, then you come to a stop sign to make a right. You go past the white line to get a better view to your left, but without coming to a full and complete stop before any part of your car crosses the white line. Totally a dik move, but he can pull you over AGAIN, then issue you two additional citations. Before you know it, you have three moving violations in five minutes.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Technically it maybe grievable. Management can also write you up for showing up a minute late. An employee violates his end of obligations when they show up late without prior approval.
When being late by 1 second (yes one second) got a warning, I made sure to grieve the sup who pulled that stunt on some poor kid every second she worked.

iowa boy

Iowa:

#1 It is an easy job
#2 The only reason a management person would try to screw you over would be if you were not doing your job correctly

Sorry Socks,

No where within this company is there an 'easy' job, except for maybe sitting behind a desk, acting like the dictator that you aspire to be. If you notice what I said to you yesterday, I highlighted the word 'you', putting emphasis on your so called management style that you say that you use to intimidate your employees. (Whether this is true or not is a moot point to me).

And if you can train children to do this job, I sure would like to see you train a child to memorize every state, which isnt that hard, but also have them learn the first three numbers of every zip code in every state. I would also like to see them pull an over 70lb. pottery barn, or a sleep number bed off the belt, by themselves. In case you forgot from spending sooo much time in your ivory tower, this job is a lot harder, physically and mentally, than you think.

UPSSOCKS

Sorry Socks,

No where within this company is there an 'easy' job, except for maybe sitting behind a desk, acting like the dictator that you aspire to be. If you notice what I said to you yesterday, I highlighted the word 'you', putting emphasis on your so called management style that you say that you use to intimidate your employees. (Whether this is true or not is a moot point to me).

And if you can train children to do this job, I sure would like to see you train a child to memorize every state, which isnt that hard, but also have them learn the first three numbers of every zip code in every state. I would also like to see them pull an over 70lb. pottery barn, or a sleep number bed off the belt, by themselves. In case you forgot from spending sooo much time in your ivory tower, this job is a lot harder, physically and mentally, than you think.

Your right what was I thinking..... We teach children foreign languages, I'm sure the zip code thing would be too much.. Sorry

JonFrum

Technically it maybe grievable. Management can also write you up for showing up a minute late. An employee violates his end of obligations when they show up late without prior approval. . . .
The Contract provides a built-in discouragement to anyone who would grieve a Supervisor working two minutes. Besides all the trouble fileing a grievance involves, if the grievant makes $8.50 per hour, say, his grievance award, if successful, would be 28 cents. (Admittedly, higher paid employees would get bigger "payoffs.")

On the other hand, if an employee punches in a minute late, he is automatically not paid for that minute, and his lateness is automatically recorded as such, even if no one saw him, or no one chooses to punish him.

In many areas, when supervisors work, they not only deprive an employee of potential pay, they also deprive the pension and H&W funds of required contributions. In New England, for example, UPS contributes $7.86 per hour to the Pension Plan, and $8.56 per hour to the Health and Welfare Plan when bargaining unit members work.

iowa boy

Your right what was I thinking..... We teach children foreign languages, I'm sure the zip code thing would be too much.. Sorry

Wow, that was all you had for me. That's a pretty strong comeback for you.

We also teach children to walk, talk, use silverware and their manners at the table. I still want to see you teach a child how to do this and try and intimidate them like you say you do to your part timers. Just make sure you don't assist them when they have that 70 lb. pottery barn box, as that would be grounds for a grievance, ya know.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Iowa:

#1 It is an easy job

really socks,, really? if your logic is correct than operations are all complete failures as the cannot "train ' us children to produce the correct numbers, and also , how hard can operations be, just do as your told on planning or the puppet masters will belittle you on conference call when their plan fails,,,and take your mip, oh, wait, no more mip..............