TMZ

moreluck

golden ticket member
Am I the only one who didn't know what TMZ stood for? Interesting.....

The term “Thirty Mile Zone” originated in the 1960s, when due to the growth of location shoots, studios established a “thirty mile zone” to monitor rules for filming in Hollywood. The center of the zone was the offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers, formerly at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevards in L.A.

. TMZ reinvented the thirty mile zone and now serves as the Internet’s premiere address for entertainment news.

bigbrownhen

I did not know that. Once again, you find the most interesting little tidbits of knowledge. I would hate to play Trivial Pursuit with you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did not know that. Once again, you find the most interesting little tidbits of knowledge. I would hate to play Trivial Pursuit with you.
:rofl: I agree. More and my hubby both. My hubby loves useless trivia facts. He watches Jeopardy everday. He is especially good at music and history.

More, have you ever read Uncle John Bathroom Readers. There are several out and you would enjoy them. 500+ pages of trivia. You can get them at any bookstore.

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw some promo for TMZ before it went on air and they talked about the Thirty Mile Zone on it. Its amazing that some of those goof balls actually make a living harassing people. I very seldom watch it. I don't understand the whole "paparattizi" thing. :sad-little: Its so phoney when some big name star acts like the don't want the attention. Throw on a pair of glasses , a hat and a wig if you don't want to be recognized.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw some promo for TMZ before it went on air and they talked about the Thirty Mile Zone on it. Its amazing that some of those goof balls actually make a living harassing people. I very seldom watch it. I don't understand the whole "paparattizi" thing. :sad-little: Its so phoney when some big name star acts like the don't want the attention. Throw on a pair of glasses , a hat and a wig if you don't want to be recognized.

Good point, but I was watching footage of Bernie Madoff walking from his apt and one of the paparazzi kept pushing him back so that he could take a picture of him. He wasn't nudging, he was flat out pushing a 71 yr old man just to get a picture. TMZ is a waste of television.