To hell in a handbasket

john346

No more Brown!
We really have to stop this nonsense of Republician vs Democrat. I mean it. If my understanding is correct, this had it's time, a time when most couldnt get ahold of a newspaper, let alone be educated enough to actually read it.

Those times necessitated the respective parties to assist the uneducated voter to align themselves with the parties blanket policies and core beliefs. But no longer is it necessary to follow these guidelines, with the internet, sattelite communications, and nightly news brodcasts, we are amply informed of the candidates beliefs. So I firmly believe that we've allowed the joke to go on for far to long. Whithin these very modern day vehicles we are seeing a division of not only our congress, and legistators, but within us, the Americian people. I fear to the likes of an equal or greater setiment similar to what was felt proir to the civil war. Can you see the narrow gap between the cry of "those damn Yankees" vs "those damn Democrats"?

With all due respect to our policies, and ways of governing, we have let this happen time and again, until those in power see that they are able to flex their might, and as such, they are no longer a government for the people at all. We really do need to flex our power and throw the bastards out, stop this nonsensical way of allowing them to push someone we really don't want in our laps. When exactly was it that you had the opportunity to actually vote for the right person? Or have you done as I have, and vote for unfortunately the lesser of the two evils? We have to be the biggest joke in the world with how much might we could yeild, and how we trip all over ourselves.

Stop PAC's. Stop Pollsters. Quit forcing our companies out with corperate taxes. Close our borders to unfair trade practices. If we don't stop this petty bickering amongst ourselves, and get all in the same boat, we are going to sink this sucker, if it hasen't taken on too much water already. Americians for Americia, united, or take a good seat in the handbasket!:sad-very:

john346

No more Brown!
I'm still kinda new to this, so how can I move it to let's say, Current events? I really don't want to piss on anyones toes!

atatbl

Listen, there is only one way to make a change here. And that is to make your point and then start a post threatening to "leave the forum." That seems to be the way to get some action around here lately.

satellitedriver

We really have to stop this nonsense of Republician vs Democrat. I mean it. If my understanding is correct, this had it's time, a time when most couldnt get ahold of a newspaper, let alone be educated enough to actually read it.

Those times necessitated the respective parties to assist the uneducated voter to align themselves with the parties blanket policies and core beliefs. But no longer is it necessary to follow these guidelines, with the internet, sattelite communications, and nightly news brodcasts, we are amply informed of the candidates beliefs. So I firmly believe that we've allowed the joke to go on for far to long. Whithin these very modern day vehicles we are seeing a division of not only our congress, and legistators, but within us, the Americian people. I fear to the likes of an equal or greater setiment similar to what was felt proir to the civil war. Can you see the narrow gap between the cry of "those damn Yankees" vs "those damn Democrats"?

With all due respect to our policies, and ways of governing, we have let this happen time and again, until those in power see that they are able to flex their might, and as such, they are no longer a government for the people at all. We really do need to flex our power and throw the bastards out, stop this nonsensical way of allowing them to push someone we really don't want in our laps. When exactly was it that you had the opportunity to actually vote for the right person? Or have you done as I have, and vote for unfortunately the lesser of the two evils? We have to be the biggest joke in the world with how much might we could yeild, and how we trip all over ourselves.

Stop PAC's. Stop Pollsters. Quit forcing our companies out with corperate taxes. Close our borders to unfair trade practices. If we don't stop this petty bickering amongst ourselves, and get all in the same boat, we are going to sink this sucker, if it hasen't taken on too much water already. Americians for Americia, united, or take a good seat in the handbasket!:sad-very:
Good 4th of July topic.
The third paragraph could easily have been a conversation in 1774.(albeit different controls and no voting rights)
As the old song says,
"It says right there in the constitution, it's really ok to have a revolution."
Fasten your seat belts tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

satellitedriver

Listen, there is only one way to make a change here. And that is to make your point and then start a post threatening to "leave the forum." That seems to be the way to get some action around here lately.
When I read your post two words came to mind.
Troll alert.
Stay on topic, please.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Such the happy camper!!:peaceful:

Threatening will get you no where, showing R E S P E C T for your fellow posters and moderators will go along way you may want to try it you will be surprised!:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.95 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 25% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.7 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.5 trillion dollars;
6) 3% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and BOY did we get it!

Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work
with what's handed to him.

Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in
the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to
change it.' -- Barack Obama

Part 2:
Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics
enlightening and amazing.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html>
www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Democratic candidates will return to the higher tax rates

It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think
Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.
If Obama is elected, he says he will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good
portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for
it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you
scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

Continued....

moreluck

golden ticket member
PART 3: You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much?

Read this:
I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the
war on terror that is bankrupting us. WRONG!!!

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again
until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading
them.
I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens
each year by state governments.

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs
such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $25 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary
school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare &
social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused
by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate
that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In
particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in
the US.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens
from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total
cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an
average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances
back to their countries of origin.

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million
Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States '

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
Why are we THAT stupid?

If this doesn't bother you then just delete the message.
If, on the other hand, if it does raise the hair on the back of your neck,
I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every
representative in Washington , D.C. - five times a week for as long as it
takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and
enforcement thereof.

Overpaid Union Thug

PART 3: You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much?

Read this:
I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the
war on terror that is bankrupting us. WRONG!!!

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again
until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading
them.
I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens
each year by state governments.

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs
such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

3. $25 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
aliens.

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary
school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English!

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare &
social services by the American taxpayers.

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused
by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate
that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In
particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in
the US.

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens
from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total
cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an
average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances
back to their countries of origin.

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million
Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States '

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
Why are we THAT stupid?

If this doesn't bother you then just delete the message.
If, on the other hand, if it does raise the hair on the back of your neck,
I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every
representative in Washington , D.C. - five times a week for as long as it
takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and
enforcement thereof.

In contrast to those figures, which I agree are startling, there are a couple of other figures that I would like to see. How much money from illegal aliens is used to fund the Iraq War? The taxes from illegal workers (yes, they pay taxes as I explained a few weeks back in another thread) is used just like everyone else's. The government borrows from the social security fund whether illegals contributed to it or not. I'm just curious as to how much money they are contributing towards paying for the Iraq War. Also....how much money have they contributed to the economy? I see them spending money like crazy in Wal-Marts, malls, movie theaters, parks, etc.. They don't send it all back to their native countries. In fact, some of the towns that crack down on their illegal populations (immigration sweeps) see a drastic dent in their economies in the following months following the roundups. I'm just curious as to what these figures would look like. There are a few positive aspects to this issue. Believe it or not.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Boy was that self serving!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy-very:

You funny guy!

Since you found it cute to misquote me and leave out the part about fellow posters, which would be you and every moderator as we are all posters....I'd say, in my self serving way of course that it should be open season on wkmac!!:rofl: LOL!!
All in fun of course for anyone thinking of taking me seriously..

Tony

john346

No more Brown!
If everybody was the same politically, can you imagine how boring BC's (Brown's Conservatives) "Current Events" would be.:sleeping2:
Not at all what I was attemptying to convey. Each candidate would carry their own personalities to the running, except without the alignment with a party, more akin to an eclectic blend of what is needed. No Political Action comity carrying a punch of 250 k votes to bully a candidate around. No pollsters to advise the candidate on what they have found the people want to hear, rather a candidate who speaks their mind.
Isn't that the type of person we need in this world that runs at internet speed? Someone who is capable of fast accurate thinking, with stones enough to have the buck stop with them?

wkmac

You funny guy!

Since you found it cute to misquote me and leave out the part about fellow posters, which would be you and every moderator as we are all posters....I'd say, in my self serving way of course that it should be open season on wkmac!!:rofl: LOL!!
All in fun of course for anyone thinking of taking me seriously..

Tony

:wink2:

wkmac

Not at all what I was attemptying to convey. Each candidate would carry their own personalities to the running, except without the alignment with a party, more akin to an eclectic blend of what is needed. No Political Action comity carrying a punch of 250 k votes to bully a candidate around. No pollsters to advise the candidate on what they have found the people want to hear, rather a candidate who speaks their mind.
Isn't that the type of person we need in this world that runs at internet speed? Someone who is capable of fast accurate thinking, with stones enough to have the buck stop with them?

John,
I understood your point and it is a refreshing idea but there is way to much power and $$$$$ to be had at the federal level to have campaigns run like you might see at the local level. Local level politics in general almost have a non-partisan face to them as the associated party may matter less and less. There are exceptions obviously and most of that would again be in larger populated areas where power and wealth tend to go hand in hand. In most of middle America, the local leaders are business people by day and political leaders by night. They are forced to live by the decisions they make and the people that they effect literally live next door to them and conduct business with them. It's not losing the political life that scares them but rather the effects to private and business life that could be the victim of their bad actions.

Many State legislative elected officials are Part time with the state legislature only in session a few months out of the year. Sure you have your party back and forth stuff but what happens when there is a budget shortfall? They cut spending for the most part and tighten the belt unlike the federal gov't who just borrows the money because no one from either side is willing to cut any of their own sacred cow. Same is true of the local politicians as these guys have to go back home and live among the voters the larger majority of the year.

I think most of average America thinks along the same grounds as yourself in many respects so I appreciate the opinion you expressed. I have a vision of ideal but there is a thing called reality that I know it will never happen. All I'd like for once is for everyone and all ideas to be thrown out on the table, everything fully transparent with all the facts and then go from there. Problem now is that all sides manipulate the discussion to their own ends and right now the loudest vocies tend to be democrat or republican if you will and it's not about solving problems or creating opportunities for better life but pure party empowerment. The only thing I wanna see is that of the total number that vote, only 70% voted democrat or republican and it doesn't matter where that 30% goes just as long as it doesn't vote democrat or republican. You wanna change the face of American politics? Do that and watch the mass panic that takes place in Washington DC.

We just celebrated what I consider one of the most important documents ever written by mankind and God's word or law notwithstanding, the Declaration of Independence may well be from the American perspective the greatest ever written. There is one segment that in this day I think is most important to consider:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

Back in the day this meant the ultimate step and that was via forceful revolt but we can do the same today and never fire a shot or shed one drop of blood. When you go vote have the courage to send a real message to Washington DC and tell them we're not gonna take it anymore!

JM(radical)O
:wink2: