To Put Our Debt In Perspective. A Quote From Dave Ramsey

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by big_arrow_up, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Member Since 1999

‎"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - Dave Ramsey
  2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Familys do it better !!!!

Now it's like the Dems. are blaming the ref (S&P rating)...........typical poor sport stuff.
  3. Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think anyone could have summed up our current situation any better than that. It just proves that bloated government and liberalism are horrible ideas. And also that liberals shouldn't be allowed to spend money. EVER!
  4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

You must add :

"And they refuse to earn more income" (no tax revenue increases)
  5. klein

Under Bush your statement would read like this :

"If the US Government was a family, they would be making $55,000 a year, they spend $72,000 a year, & are $302,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending (on tax cuts, and wars) to add to their spending to $75,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt, reduced to a level that we can understand." - In the Bush years - klein

Never give the keys back to the drivers seat to the GOP !
  6. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

And you forgot to add that they get a better job to make more money...like selling Weiners. Or maybe they dont get fired for drinking on the job so they have money to pay their bills.
  7. klein

Surely you can't be talking about me, as you can tell my bills are paid, otherwise I wouldn't have cable, internet and phone, electricity & water,car & home insurance.
    I'll get a winter job to help me out, and next Spring it's going to be 1 special event to another. All these that I did, and doing, this year, and get some more.
    I can earn more in 1 weekend then you in an entire month, and if it's really good, like Boonstock, more in 1 day !

I won't need to work next Winter at all. Actually, I really don't need to this year either, but it's nice to have some more extra spare cash on the side.
  8. moreluck

9. Overpaid Union Thug

The "Bush Years" were primarily liberal years in Congress. Enough said.
  10. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

Really? Does that include all the benifits? Please oh wise Canadian...tell us how much you make.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

12. klein

13. 'Lucky' woman who won lottery four times outed as Stanford University statistics PhD
    Joan R. Ginther, 63, from Texas, won $5.4 million, then a decade later, she won $2 million, then two years later $3 million and finally, in the spring of 2008, she hit a $10 million jackpot.The odds of this has been calculated at one in eighteen septillion and luck like this could only come once every quadrillion years.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-University-statistics-PhD.html#ixzz1UTqgPkiw
  14. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Don`t get your undies in a bundle. He was talking about that loser from Canada.
  15. moreluck

The story was told today that when Obama was first elected he assigned someone to get him all the info. on the deficit. He didn't like what he saw in the submission and shelved it. From there he went on his health care kick. Then all this stuff happened.
  16. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Be honest. You just do it so you can finally ask folks if they`ve seen your weiner and for once not get arrested for it.