To shave or not to shave....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In package I shaved Monday Wednesday Friday, Ive since cut back to Monday Thursday. Thinking about cutting out Thursday.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
After I noticed management not caring when young drivers were coming to work with 3 days of growth. I have been shaving every other day. If ask, I will tell them I shaved last night. Have yet to be asked. Going on 2 years now.
I shave Mondays and Thursdays and not a :censored2: has been given except once on a Wednesday when arguing an issue with the DM and I said you should be happy I'm not filling a grievance. He replied and you should be happy I'm not disciplining you for an appearance standards violation. Touché... although then that would violate the national labor relations act.

calcio56

I try and shave every other day, when I do I get no problems....anymore than that and my sup razs me a bit...I remember when I was still on my training route he told me to stop at 711 and buy a razor to shave on route, after my airs of course!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I actually grew a goatee while working at the customer center and kept it for over a year. Building manager came in one day and gave me a double look but never said anything to me. So many times I would see center manager's and supes come in but never did they say a word to me. Truly perplexed at what I was able to get away with working there but then again, I was a good employee and always treated the customers right.

Funny thing, now that I'm retired, I'm clean shaven and usually shave every third day.

Driver7906

I only shave a couple times per week. There are other guys in my center who always have a scruff who never hear about it from management so if they ever bother me about mine, I'll tell them to be sure to talk to every other driver who has a 5 o'clock shadow.

Also, if the company is okay with us wearing cheap uniforms with holes and missing buttons then a few days without shaving shouldn't matter much.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Shave twice a week. Usually Saturday and Wednesday. Sometimes I forget Wednesday.
Since I'm satellited and only see management once a year, no one knows.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I shave every morning,i like looking neat what can I say?
many of the drivers come in looking like bums and in years past it would have been important but now management is scrambling every day just to get it out the door and appearance isnt really in the top 10 any longer

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Do they ever actually send people home for this anymore? I've been tempted to go into work on a friday in sneakers..tthinking they'd have to send me home for not wearing work boots but I haven't done it yet. With my luck, they'll tell me to work anyway....lol.
Accidently wear sneakers to the preload and they just look the other way.