TP-60 and compensation.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
When pulling a TP-60 what is the compensation rate for the added equipment. 10-50 cents per hour hooked up? Or is that the wage for all day?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In my local you get an extra 10 cents an hour when hooked up to the TP60. Driver who pulls trailer to me makes an extra $1.00 a week for the approximately 10 hours pulling the TP60 to my satellite center and back. Wonder what he does with all that extra cash?

In my local you get an extra 10 cents an hour when hooked up to the TP60. Driver who pulls trailer to me makes an extra $1.00 a week for the approximately 10 hours pulling the TP60 to my satellite center and back. Wonder what he does with all that extra cash?
Same where I'm at also. All that extra work and on Friday with the extra money you can buy a Labatts ice 24oz for .99c.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Not worth the hazard. It is hard enough to keep these trucks on the road in inclement weather let alone pulling a trailer. Initially UPS told our driver he would get 50 cents an hour. Backed out of that and pretty much forced him to pull it to the satellite.

Just found out Alaska gets 20 cents.

Not worth the hazard. It is hard enough to keep these trucks on the road in inclement weather let alone pulling a trailer. Initially UPS told our driver he would get 50 cents an hour. Backed out of that and pretty much forced him to pull it to the satellite.

Just found out Alaska gets 20 cents.
That's means you could get a heineken then.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
.10 here. In case you're not sure how to enter it, it goes as follows. Other work. Center number. Code is add equip. Code c on the second page I think, put your time in from couple to uncouple, then the same for the recouple and uncouple at the hub. You'll get your additional money for all hours worked that day even when not pulling trailer.

This is how we do it down here

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Regional supplements.

Our mall guy will sometimes haul a TP-60. He is a runner/gunner who more often than not works less than 8 hours so he doesn't even bother worrying about the extra pay.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
For those pulling tp-60's. Dot requires that the pulling vehicle to have first line tires, ie no recaps as steer tires. If you have recaps on the pkg car, than the car is in violation of DOT.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
For those pulling tp-60's. Dot requires that the pulling vehicle to have first line tires, ie no recaps as steer tires. If you have recaps on the pkg car, than the car is in violation of DOT.
Good to know. To bad no one else knows this and is not enforced. Guess we'll wait till a minivan of nuns is wiped out until this becomes a hot topic.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The allowance for coupling and uncoupling a pup trailer is fairly generous. The "official" method involves lining up the car, pacing off the distance between the hitch and the coupler on the trailer, and then pacing off an identical distance up by the door and placing a rock or a coin on the ground to mark the point that you need to back up to. Prior to the advent of rear-view monitors, I would simply back up until the coupler on the trailer hit the back of the car, and then pull forward about a foot to get the ball under the coupler. Every hitch car in our fleet had identical dents in the sheet metal above the bumper, so the "damage" was irrelevant. With a rear-view monitor, it takes no skill and very little time at all to get hooked up.