Treasures

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gman042, Jun 28, 2012.

1. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

What is that laying along side of the road?. What was it and what did you do with it?

So far.....2 cameras and a laser transit in a case.

Put ads in the paper and no one responded. MINE.

2. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Found a heavy duty sledghammer with a fiberglass handle a few years ago. They run about $50 new at the hardware store. I use it all the time with a wedge to split firewood rounds.

3. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Large pair of Channel Lock pliers, probably worth $25 bucks. A little WD40 and they were good as new

4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I might've kept them if they were 'Chanel' pliers!!

5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

A blonde hitchhiking. Been married 28 years.

6. jaker

jaker trolling

Found a laptop and decided to find the owner , it Belong to a teacher she was so happy and she even called to hub , so I got a good job paper on the office door

7. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

A deer hunter, covered in blood after dragging a deer 2 miles off the mountain. Gave me the keys to his truck and I went and got it and picked him up. Was wintertime and he was a few miles from where he had parked. Was tracking the deer all day.

8. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Damn you stole mine ! okay he wasnt a teacher, and he didnt call the hub, and no good job paper on the door. But I did find a laptop in a bag and found the owner.

9. a nice Stihl weedeater

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

The other day I found a pile of dog :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:. I still have a little left on my right boot.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It appears you also left some here in several of your posts.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[Hugs]

13. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

Ha! I was just thinking the other day that I haven't found anything lately.

Best finds - 4 Rubbermaid roughneck storage bins (3 lids :( ), a carton of Quilted Northern toilet paper. $15 in the corner of a parking lot - looked like it had been plowed there in the winter - the peach $10 caught my eye. And $40 in an alley - folded and quartered.

14. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

What, no gold star ??

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I've found packages that fell out of my open back door a few times. Won't happen anymore with the new keyless.

16. jaker

jaker trolling

If you call a gold star a brown box then yeah I got a bunch the next day

17. Thebrownstreak

Thebrownstreak Active Member

I recently found a $20,000 natural gas drill bit in it's box laying right in the middle of a dirt road. It had the companys name on it which I had to deliver to later in the day. I brought it in to the office and the boss was so excited that he gave me $700 cash right on the spot. Said if I hadn't dropped it off it would have been a week before they could get a new one and it would have cost them close to $150,000 in lost time. So needless to say I called off today to extend the weekend.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

Were you on the clock at the time? Did you politely try to decline the reward?

19. Thebrownstreak

Thebrownstreak Active Member

I was on the clock. I said to the guy you don't need to reward me for doing what's right. He said I know. That's when he took out his wallet and handed me 7 crisp $100 bills. I again said it wasn't necessary. That's when he told me about saving him $150,000 in lost time and what not.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

At that point I would have done the same.

Thank you for doing the right thing. Dave.