Two-faced management.

Theichii

So here's the deal: a couple of months back my friend, let's call him brad, was fired for burning a package. Not just any package, a misload he found on aread and called in and never heard a response. So when he go back at night he sheeted it up as NI1 (yes stupid thing to do) told the Sup, clocked out, and went on vacation. When he got back he was fired for dishonesty. Today i was doing a route with a walmart on it and found a package for a wal-mart in another city. I alerted management and they sent an ODS message SHEET UP AS CL1 AFTER 3. I promptly responded I"M NOT BRAD, I"M GOING TO (the other city). This other city is like 30 miles away, and i was just going to enjoy the ride. Two minutes later the sup calls and says "What do you mean your not brad, just sheet it up as CL1 and we'll put it on the right truck tomorrow." I laughed at him, told him i was not going to get fired. 20 mins. later he finds me gets the pkg and brings it back to the center, where it will sit, until tomorrow.

isn't that just the greatest?

drewed

Shankman
two completely different situations! and if you had driven it there you probably would have been fired for insubordination/ stealing time.

Theichii

not completely different, i found a mis-load i called it in management told me to do the same thing that they told my friend to do. Stealing time? I was doing my job: delivering the packages they put on my truck. I do it every time i have a misload, they know to expect it from me.

drewed

Shankman
not completely different, i found a mis-load i called it in management told me to do the same thing that they told my friend to do. Stealing time? I was doing my job: delivering the packages they put on my truck. I do it every time i have a misload, they know to expect it from me.
You said he didnt get a response? which is it?
If your taking a package that your supervisor has instructed you to sheet and not deliver then you take a drive to the other side of town (15-20 mins right?) youre being insubordinate at the least and Id see where you could be considered stealing those 15 mins off route and another 15 to get back on.

Theichii

they didn't send him a message but when he returned to the building he told local sort sup he had a misload and they never told him what to do with it. Local sort sup said whatever he did just make sure it was scanned. Personally i would have put it as NSS or something un-obvious.

ups1990

What about when UPS, rolls over trailors filled with packages for the following day? For whatever reason, they don't get unloaded. Isn't this a huge dishonesty?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
The only honest thing to do, on the supervisor and drivers part, would be to sheet the package as MISSED.

If you sheet it as closed or not in, and did not attempt to actually deliver it by going to the address on the package, you are lying. Supervisors and drivers should know better.

What about when UPS, rolls over trailors filled with packages for the following day? For whatever reason, they don't get unloaded. Isn't this a huge dishonesty?
You are exactly right. We call them "retain" trailers. Whatever is left at the end of the midnight sort that cant get on the outbound trailers to make pull times is rolled to the noonday, hence a service failure; sometimes one trailer, sometimes several. Yet they go to the wall on one misload on one pc. Go figure.

Overpaid Union Thug

What I don't get is how supervisors will come get misloads but they don't always get them delivered. The other day a sup came and got a misload from me and when I returned to the building it was sitting on the ECS belt.

Billy

I am having trouble understanding how management is 2 faced because "Brad" sheeted a package wrong. I didn't see that they told him to sheet it that way then fired him. Did I miss something with the post?

over9five

Staff member
I think the OP means:

1. They fired Brad for sheeting a missed package as NI1.

2. They told the OP to sheet a missed package as CLO1.

Both were unethical.

some1else

Banned
I am having trouble understanding how management is 2 faced because "Brad" sheeted a package wrong. I didn't see that they told him to sheet it that way then fired him. Did I miss something with the post?
yes the part where the told the op to do the same thing with the walmart pkg that brad got fired for doing!

3HrsOverAllowed

When in the same situation of being told to sheet a misload as closed or not in, I send a message asking if I'm being instructed to be dishonest. Usually their reply is sheet it as missed. Also as far as sups transporting misloads, I'll file a grievance for their time and get paid double-time. Two weeks ago I got 4 hours double-time paid for sups transporting misloads. I encourage everyone to do the same especially since some of our co-workers are laid off.

brownrodster

What I don't get is how supervisors will come get misloads but they don't always get them delivered. The other day a sup came and got a misload from me and when I returned to the building it was sitting on the ECS belt.

That happens here al the time. What they do is have a clerk or somebody scan those packages as "left in building."

I think that is dishonest on the sups part. But its just how they work the system to make sure their numbers are great. They can blam "left in building" on someone else I suppose, whereas if I scan 3 missloads as missed I catch hell in the morning because that shows up on all the wrong reports and makes my driver sup and center manager look bad.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
why can't you take a cell-phone pic of the message in the board of the center manager trying to set you up to be fired? fight fire with technology

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
why can't you take a cell-phone pic of the message in the board of the center manager trying to set you up to be fired? fight fire with technology
Or even better, print both sides of the message, that way you have the actual data. I'm sure if you're nice to the OMS, he/she will do you that favor.