U-P-Mess

Holydriver

i dont know, UPS :censored2:ting all over the customer like they do their employees? next there will be an article about a multi million dollar tool that :censored2:s all over customer satisfaction in the name of saving dollars and miles. oh, wait...

clean hairy

I saw where it said something about only 4 of these in the world?
I did a basic search and found many more than that available for purchase.

Faceplanted

It was not an regular engine. It's was parts of a rotary, 4 rotor housings, 4 rotors and an shaft. The shipper underinsured it and I'm sure the receiver could hold the shipper liable for the insurance value which was under insured. The reliever should have just got a 3 rotor 20b and called it a day. Those 20bs can make serious power

This rotary engine is super rare, Mazda never made a 4 rotor and any of them you seen have been custom machined and cost a :censored2: ton. A 20b (3 rotor Mazda engine) cost well into the thousands to have shipped here from jdm land out of a cosmos. The cost is believable to anybody who knows anything about cars

Ups would not loose this on purpose. Most car guys have no knowledge of rotary engines, especially how rare this 4 rotor custom motor is

Also ups was looking for a lost 10k package, this package was insured for 3k. Chances are ups over goods found it, and was either not aware It was the same package or was mad that it was underinsured and said they didn't find it

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It was not an regular engine. It's was parts of a rotary, 4 rotor housings, 4 rotors and an shaft. The shipper underinsured it and I'm sure the receiver could hold the shipper liable for the insurance value which was under insured. The reliever should have just got a 3 rotor 20b and called it a day. Those 20bs can make serious power

This rotary engine is super rare, Mazda never made a 4 rotor and any of them you seen have been custom machined and cost a :censored2: ton. A 20b (3 rotor Mazda engine) cost well into the thousands to have shipped here from jdm land out of a cosmos. The cost is believable to anybody who knows anything about cars

Ups would not loose this on purpose. Most car guys have no knowledge of rotary engines, especially how rare this 4 rotor custom motor is

Also ups was looking for a lost 10k package, this package was insured for 3k. Chances are ups over goods found it, and was either not aware It was the same package or was mad that it was underinsured and said they didn't find it

I just did a little poking around on Google, and as far as I can figure, the bare engine (no peripherals or accessories) probably weighs around 100 to 150 kilograms. That's about 220 to 330 pounds.

Sounds just a little too heavy for Parcel to handle in just one crate.

The whole story is getting stranger.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I just did a little poking around on Google, and as far as I can figure, the bare engine (no peripherals or accessories) probably weighs around 100 to 150 kilograms. That's about 220 to 330 pounds.

Sounds just a little too heavy for Parcel to handle in just one crate.

The whole story is getting stranger.

Maybe it was like somebody's wife, and said it weighed 150 lbs. when it really weighed 330?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The housing are about 15lbs and the actual rotors are about 10. He shipped just those no accessories.

That's kind of what I originally figured, but looking at a couple rotary forums, they claimed more.

So, around 100 lbs for the rotors and housings and how much more for the shaft and assorted gears?

Faceplanted

Eccentric shaft got some weight. All together I would be sure it was under our maximum weight. I honestly don't feel bad for the guy, anybody who spends that much money on something useless, and doesn't insure it right gets this is the end. Typical rich car guy who puts down 1000whp and gets served up on 500whp prosperity set up cars.

A 4 rotor is pointless. There are guys with 2 rotor 13bs making tons of hp and running 9s in semi street cars. 20bs are even more potent. Typical rich guy wanting to be difference, being cheap and getting the shaft.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's kind of what I originally figured, but looking at a couple rotary forums, they claimed more.

So, around 100 lbs for the rotors and housings and how much more for the shaft and assorted gears?
It was probably over 150.....of course I've seen 200 to even over 300 lb. stuff come through like most people who have been around for a while. I will never trust the shown weight on label...LOL

overflowed

I use to smoke all kinds of :censored2: with a ported 13b fb when I was young and dumb. Miss that car. This engine wasn't a production model.